Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

@I'm Ron Burgundy? 18mm and the MP can fit 18mm. Wonder if it was meant to pair with one of their freezer pieces?
It might draw even faster then your old reliable. Should be easier to clean as well I figure. Just a straight tube to the top. It was the upgrade that I was looking for. :thumbsup:

My EVO is getting some powerful extraction with this model.

Not actually glass, but I am enjoying my new ruby insert and terp balls in my @710 coils coil heater and banger,
IMG_20191014_125438.jpg

It seems to dry swab clean quite easily and I can take just about any sized dab I could dare to try.
I was not going to try ruby as I find quartz very neutral but was told even a poor quality ruby insert is better tasting than quartz. So I found this,

I asked the seller if he was selling seconds as they were so cheap and he assured me they were of the highest quality. I also talked to him about listing smaller amounts of ruby terp balls as I wanted to try a 4mm and 6mm. He said if I purchased the insert he would give me the terp balls, and he did.
The ruby specs,
15.95mm heigh
19.07mm diameter
2.08mm wall thickness
2.45mm bottom thickness
weight, 8.65gram, or 43.2ct
Just have to be careful and remember no water or iso on hot ruby!
I am currently sitting on a PID temp of 500f, will check dish temps soon.

@I'm Ron Burgundy? 18mm and the MP can fit 18mm. Wonder if it was meant to pair with one of their freezer pieces?
It might draw even faster then your old reliable. Should be easier to clean as well I figure. Just a straight tube to the top. It was the upgrade that I was looking for. :thumbsup:

My EVO is getting some powerful extraction with this model.
The EVO is really a luxurious way to enjoy ROSIN or SHATTER with a quart’s nail!
Many thing’s work?

I almost got some of those inserts you posted @LesPlenty
They look really good
I stopped short though as I am waiting for my carb caps for the quartz faux halo dishes
I don't use my QB a lot now and think if the caps fit the quartz dishes I may be gifting the QB and axial on if it remains unused

Great priced link though and vassed me at first
I put in cart and then restrained myself

Still a pain to maintain compared to the Halo (not the insert, the quartz banger stains up from spinning terp ball splashes maybe?)The insert self cleans fine at a PID setting of 850f but the top of the banger will need simple green or torching as my ultrasonic cleaner won't budge the brown stains off the top of the banger.
But the ruby is a nice surface to dab from, just so smooth, so it will be used, just not daily, that is still the SiC Halo's job.

View attachment 13781

Cheap too...hehe
I'd like to try one
But it isn't $250 USD worth it

I have the saphire insert and it is tasty
But the clean up is a bitch as it balances on the nail over the halo

You have to wait till it's cool and you can pick it up

I have cracked one side with a hairline crack via iso and then torching

I read the instructions later on that lol
But due to this even with the nice smooth flavour it doesn't get lots of use

But yea, it is tasty
It would be the one to own
But I don't know it is $250 more flavourful

It would be a buggar to break by accident too with no warranty at that price

DHgate needs to make saphire and ruby dishes at affordable prices lol

EDIT
After all this saphire dish talk I just broke out the saphire insert (for science sake :cool:)

I haven't used for ages and not at all since getting the dabpress

I had back to back dabs - one with halo sic and 3 ruby pearls and then one with the same setup but the saphire insert in place

So what I will say is this thing is bloody smooth
I took a big dab on both and hardly had a tickle or cough with the saphire

Taste is good like I remember, just not as big of a stand out as the smoothness

I didn't remember it being so smooth
It also was a bit less in need of a serious clean off one dab than before - I put this down to the slug and more plant matter getting through the rosin, where the dabpress gives a much cleaner product
Tbh this may be why it is a difference in smoothness than I remember
Maybe the dirtier material covered that some too

It will still need a clean after a few dabs and will be more fiddly than just the dish

But it may get a bit more use now I have cleaner rosin and can see the benefits

A dish would definitely be something I'd love to have
But I am still not all that keen on the price above Esp as it is brittle with no warranty on their own site

I'm glad I have an insert to play with for now though

Bring on the gate version.....

20191017_020759.jpg
20191017_020752.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, the concentrate does not slide off the dabber very well does it, I have tried the same, I little underwhelming after the psyche up to say the least!

Lol
You swear like me....

EDIT
The saphire insert has gone back in the box
It tastes good and is smooth, but just too fiddly balanced on the nail like it does
A pita

Id love a dish but will wait for the gate prices

Last edited:
I like the rattle cans too, pretty happy with the latest version from Popularglass,
1591753298112.png

I have also been looking at the original diffusion pump from Bates-Worm,
1591753488118.png

The only problem is I would also need a T-Bucket from NewVape to get the joint straight and level as it is adjustable to fix any lean/angle problems.

Edit, Bugger, the Worm is now sold out.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back