Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Wine and Spirits

No copper mug these days. I like glass.

And I like mint.

Don't leave the orange and lime slices dangling suicidal style off the edge of my glass. Just drown the fuckers and be done with it.
I dunno... I sort of like your presentation better, lol. And if you don't put the fruit in the alcohol... how're you supposed to get that 'infused' taste? :thumbsup:

Reminds me of a mojito I was served once.. damn I wish I could remember how he told me he made it. I know he infused the simple syrup with lime.

19x2n5.jpg

Having a nice Manhattan with Jim Beam Rye and Cocchi Rosa Vermouth.
The easy way to remember the recipe for a Manhattan is, 212.

2 ounces whisky
1 Ounce Vermouth
2 Dashes of bitters.

I tattoo the ice with the bitters then add the rye followed by vermouth. Then 2 dashes more of bitters. Sometimes I may have a cherry, sometimes a twist of orange peel. One of my favorite bitters to use is black walnut bitters. A nice change.

I haven't had this Jim Beam Rye in a while. It's pretty good on it's own and will stand up nice when mixed. Oak, rye and subtle caramel notes on the nose. On the palate it's caramel, vanilla then the rye and oak. A nice dry finish.
For $18-22.00 bucks it's a very good pour.

f4DvvpBl.jpg

@BD9 took a trip to my local wine shop to find the Love Block and apparently it hasn't hit Michigan yet. :hmm:

I had this recommended as a good white. It's nice, although not what I would usually pick. It has a bit of a sweet undertone to it but not overwhelmingly so. I really prefer something a little crisper but it was a nice change.

JRtSjfD.jpg

@BD9 took a trip to my local wine shop to find the Love Block and apparently it hasn't hit Michigan yet. :hmm:

I had this recommended as a good white. It's nice, although not what I would usually pick. It has a bit of a sweet undertone to it but not overwhelmingly so. I really prefer something a little crisper but it was a nice change.

JRtSjfD.jpg

Yeah, there are a couple different styles of Vermentino. I have had some that have tasted sweet and some that would be a good substitute for Sauvignon Blanc. The labels are no help as to which your getting. American Vermentinos will definitely have a sweeter, peach and pear flavor than Italian, but it can be a crap shoot.

Oh, just a thought @momofthegoons, Sancerre is Sauvignon Blanc. French and most European wines will give the location instead of the grape on the bottle. Usually you'll see AOP then something like Bordeaux, Medoc, etc,... If you see Sancerre, that's the region where the wine is made. If you see Sancerre, Loire Valley, than there's a very good chance it's Sauvignon Blanc. It can be tricky but well worth the effort.

Last edited:
Made a Manhattan with Jim Beam Rye, Cocchi Vermouth di Torino and Black Walnut bitters. The black walnut bitters add depth and complexity. A little goes a long way.

Don't forget to refrigerate your vermouth. Even the rouge.

Black & white filter for the black walnut bitters

MQmBHwql.jpg

MkI46ojl.jpg

I'm not a drink mixer but I did this over the holidays and it was good. This time it's better.
1 serving espresso, avg. shot of vodka (next time I'm trying gin), few drops of kahlua, a sprinkle of cayenne, a vigorous shake in ice. Ahh.

IMG_0826-3.jpg

I'm not a drink mixer but I did this over the holidays and it was good. This time it's better.
1 serving espresso, avg. shot of vodka (next time I'm trying gin), few drops of kahlua, a sprinkle of cayenne, a vigorous shake in ice. Ahh.

View attachment 168

Nice riff on a Black Russian. I like the addition of cayenne. To me any way, pepper and coffee pair well. Thanks!

A little Seabreeze to get the day started. Gotta get your fruits, ya know?

Really is such a simple, refreshing cocktail.

xjLOUkL.jpg

And why yes, a nice little Lemon Drop in the evening is a lovely idea! You know I want that sugar rim! And freshly squeezed lemon juice only! Don't wanna see no fucking neon yellow bottled shit in my drink. :cheers:

Too bad I forgot the bitters. Still good though! :biggrin:

SODmFkL.jpg

So many drinks, so little time...

Bought this bottle totally by accident; I usually buy the Sauvignon Blanc. And I normally don't like Chardonnay. But this one is really interesting. It has that typical Chardonnay taste to start but finishes more like a grapefruit infused Sauvignon. I think I like it....

N5DreiW.jpg

Felt like a Bourbon Stiletto sort of night. I don't care how girly they are. :nod:

That Eagle Rare Bourbon sure is tasty... :love:

p7fKBg6.jpg

QgYKNg5.jpg

:cheers:

I really steer away from Rose when drinking wine. I usually think they're too sweet. But a local sommelier turned me on to this one last summer. It has a strong grapefruit tone to it (which I love... citrus tones in wine are my thing) and isn't overly sweet. A real nice summer wine.

IMG_3164.jpg

My go to for mixed drinks is Old Grand Dad 114 or Evan Williams Single Barrel. Our state is one of the ones that have a lottery for a chance at a bottle of Pappy, wish me luck :smile:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back