Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

for over a year at full temp without issues.
The issue isn't whether or not the unit will 'survive.' The issue is the possibility of over heating the teflon wiring; which is why Ed advises that you do not leave it at full temp for extended periods of time. Please refer to this post in the Vaporizer safety thread. The follow up post, after more testing, is here. None of the temps in the testing came close to the 'danger zone,' but when used as directed there is no risk of that happening at all. So why risk it when you can just dial down a bit when not in use?

Last edited:
But you aren't running it at full temp; right?
If I remember correctly 12v is around the maximum temperature you can go to without putting any real additional stress on the heater. 12v for me will result in a dark brown abv without any blackening. It never combusts.

You can go hotter technically but it's really not supposed to be good for the heater. I do it occasionally when vaping through water but I don't ever keep it that high for prolonged use.

I know this is a chart for a different log but since they both use 12v heaters I find the Temps to be around the same. If anything I find the WS runs a little colder at around the same voltages.

iXvbbSy_d.jpg

If anything I find the WS runs a little colder at around the same voltages.

I agree with that sentiment. What was good at 11.9v on the UD is the same as 12.1v on my WS. It gets turned on at about 6.00pm & turned off at around 11.00pm on weekdays & run it from 6.00pm Friday til 11.00pm Sunday at 12.1-12.2v @Sixstringsmash. Left my UD running for three weeks plus with the only issue being stoned 24/7 for the whole time.

I agree with @momofthegoons points but I also need to vape at a suitable temperature for my wants. I don't run mine what i would consider "high" by any means & nowhere near combustion point so I consider voltage as a guide with the real truth laying in the ABV. Add in the fact I am a lazy fucker at the best of times so set & forget is my go to.

What is critical to me is understanding the risk associated & weighing up the lower core lifespan. I spent years doing cost in use & value proposition analysis so the WS delivers on all fronts for me. Say mine is a $400 vape & it fails after 18 months of daily use. That is a cost of $0.75 per day or what I like to call fuck all. Get three years & it is closer to $0.35 per day which is sweet fuck all territory. I pay $4.00 for a cup of coffee every morning & whilst I need both in my life it puts the cost of a vape into perspective.

If you buy quality vapes the cost in use gets better & better & I have a 100% strike rate when it comes to not killing my vapes. Others may seek a different value proposition

Very nice choice @elykpeace. That piece of Black Walnut really reminds me of my UD quite a bit & that is a good thing. It is going to look sick as it ages & gets deeper character. Why not use you soon to be semi redundant UD as your oil warmer?

This is how I sometimes feel after a big rip. All hail the mighty WS.

giphy.gif

I agree with that sentiment. What was good at 11.9v on the UD is the same as 12.1v on my WS. It gets turned on at about 6.00pm & turned off at around 11.00pm on weekdays & run it from 6.00pm Friday til 11.00pm Sunday at 12.1-12.2v @Sixstringsmash. Left my UD running for three weeks plus with the only issue being stoned 24/7 for the whole time.

I agree with @momofthegoons points but I also need to vape at a suitable temperature for my wants. I don't run mine what i would consider "high" by any means & nowhere near combustion point so I consider voltage as a guide with the real truth laying in the ABV. Add in the fact I am a lazy fucker at the best of times so set & forget is my go to.

What is critical to me is understanding the risk associated & weighing up the lower core lifespan. I spent years doing cost in use & value proposition analysis so the WS delivers on all fronts for me. Say mine is a $400 vape & it fails after 18 months of daily use. That is a cost of $0.75 per day or what I like to call fuck all. Get three years & it is closer to $0.35 per day which is sweet fuck all territory. I pay $4.00 for a cup of coffee every morning & whilst I need both in my life it puts the cost of a vape into perspective.

[FONT=Open Sans, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]If you buy quality vapes the cost in use gets better & better & I have a 100% strike rate when it comes to not killing my vapes. Others may seek a different value proposition [/FONT]

Very nice choice @elykpeace. That piece of Black Walnut really reminds me of my UD quite a bit & that is a good thing. It is going to look sick as it ages & gets deeper character. Why not use you soon to be semi redundant UD as your oil warmer?

This is how I sometimes feel after a big rip. All hail the mighty WS.

giphy.gif

12.2 seems high. I run my UD at 11.1 and get dark almost black avb but thats the first hit. Have to wait a min or 2 for the next if I want the same results. I'm hoping to fix that with the WS .. from what I've heard the temp stays where you put it and doesn't cool in between hits..

Also I can't really afford to have both logs.. the WS would be used as my DD as ive sold off most of my fav Vapes to get the WS.

Edit: I'm planning this on really being my ONLY vape. Granted the roasting tube can be used with the cap for on the go and I figure out how to use it that way haha .

Last edited:
So a package arrived at my doorstep today. This is a package I have been waiting a long time for and now that it has finally arrived I am ecstatic with joy. Before I post these sweet ass pics I want to thank @phattpiggie for creating this wonderful stem to accompany the WS and @Ed's TnT for providing me the wood to let Piggie craft this beautiful beautiful thing here. Same type of wood used was used to make the stem as was used to make my log! How cool is that?

Ancient Bog Oak WS stem with an African Blackwood MP and tip and aluminum accents:
Zjbd9R2.jpg

i40wB3U.jpg

Size comparison between this and standard wooden stem:
RrTaHn7.jpg

Last edited:
So a package arrived at my doorstep today. This is a package I have been waiting a long time for and now that it has finally arrived I am ecstatic with joy. Before I post these sweet ass pics I want to thank @phattpiggie for creating this wonderful stem to accompany the WS and @Ed's TnT for providing me the wood to let Piggie craft this beautiful beautiful thing here. Same type of wood used was used to make the stem as was used to make my log! How cool is that?

Ancient Bog Oak WS stem with an African Blackwood MP and tip and aluminum accents:
Zjbd9R2.jpg

i40wB3U.jpg

Size comparison between this and standard wooden stem:
RrTaHn7.jpg

Saw the stem posted in @phattpiggie's thread before he posted it.

I've been really looking forward to a pic of it with your log and I am not disappointed.

That is an amazing log and stem combo man, crafted by two of the best artisans in the business. Simply stunning, I'm proper happy for you with a hint of envy :drooling:

12.2 seems high. I run my UD at 11.1 and get dark almost black avb but thats the first hit. Have to wait a min or 2 for the next if I want the same results. I'm hoping to fix that with the WS .. from what I've heard the temp stays where you put it and doesn't cool in between hits..

Also I can't really afford to have both logs.. the WS would be used as my DD as ive sold off most of my fav Vapes to get the WS.

Edit: I'm planning this on really being my ONLY vape. Granted the roasting tube can be used with the cap for on the go and I figure out how to use it that way haha .

It depends greatly on what UD core you have as besides being different some run much hotter than others. Every single log vape is different in many areas so what is perfect voltage for one may not be the same with another. ABV does not have as many variables & seems like it runs around 200c based on the ABV colour at 12.1v.

There is recovery time for optimal hits with the WS but significantly less than with my UD I have found. I also tend to have large single rip hits so I need a minute or so before backing up for another lung buster. If I could only keep one vape it would be my WS as it is so effortless & even moreso than my UD. Don't worry about your favourite vapes as there is a new Sheriff in town & he takes no prisoners.

Fuck Yeah @Sixstringsmash that is fucking awesome looking. Beautiful work @phattpiggie as usual the stem exudes class & exceptional quality to compliment the WS perfectly. One of the best moves I made was getting Ed to add a 2nd Blackwood stem to my order as it is my #1 WS utensil.

One of the cool things with my baby is it is like having two vapes in one. Facing one way I have the beautiful reddish brown Amoyna Burl with all sorts of insane depth & on the other side I have some creamy sapwood with similar levels of depth.

Had a massive day on the WS yesterday & did some extreme level testing for heater recovery. My best score was four back to back stems without any heater recovery issues. There would be around 20 seconds to exchange the first to second stem & 50 to 60 seconds to load stems three & four with another 20 seconds between three & four exchanging stems.

Good times indeed & I really felt like this little fella.

little_engine2.jpg

Had a massive day on the WS yesterday & did some extreme level testing for heater recovery. My best score was four back to back stems without any heater recovery issues. There would be around 20 seconds to exchange the first to second stem & 50 to 60 seconds to load stems three & four with another 20 seconds between three & four exchanging stems.

Good times indeed & I really felt like this little fella.

little_engine2.jpg
@Stevenski choo choo!

...my house is officially a two w.s. household with the arrival of my 2nd unit this week for g.f.....many issues are resolved with the purchase of the 2nd unit...cheers ed...

Hello and good afternoon everyone, I hope all is well! Gosh have had the boys til yesterday for a while was a great time had for sure. We watched some more AGT, wow now its the judges cuts, they 2 young girls we have been watching since the beginning and I was worried that either might get cut this go but neither did, both have awesome voices with a heckofa story each. We got a Ghost in the Shell on DVD and wow what a movie! So the boys went back to their moms yesterday and my girl showed up for the weekend and week ahead, she got us 2 of the fattest rib eye steaks and a lobster tail for me. I have never grilled a lobster tail but did so last night and wow how great it was! And get this shes like I have a surprise for you, she pops the back door of her van and say what has me a brand spanking new push mower inside ohhhh yeah! Mine had just crapped out on me a couple weeks back and the yard was starting to get tough. This thing cuts like a dream, like a hot knife through butter. I have a large yard bout an acre I guess and I push it all, takes me about 2 hours but I enjoy it its good for me to walk that much and am freaking hot and sweating during the whole event but feel so good when I am done. Knowing that the yard looks great and knowing that I got some sun and a work out at the same time is good to. Got some work done on more Amboyna WS this weekend, if anyone wants one before the go live at my site soon better let me know.

1pldvwM.jpg

The one on the right is like no other and will not be done again, wanted to do something different so here ya have it!

Thanks much @momofthegoons @Stevenski @Vitolo @Sixstringsmash @GreenHopper for all the advise to @elykpeace You have all nailed it. One thing is not true is that I have not had one running for an entire year at max. I did do a 50 hour+ max temp stress test that you can read more about specs at the safety thread portion here without any harm done. Mom is right I dont recommend anyone using it at max or inverted for long periods of time, I dont need to run mine at max to do what I need it to, it just works great at 8-9 for me.

@Sixstringsmash You are correct that running it over 12V is not great for the heater not great at all for long extended periods of time. It will stress the heater for sure. Its not like it will stress it enough that it craps out next week it will take a while at these long periods over a while to do so. As stated there is a life time warranty on the internals so if there is ever an issue I will go over it and come to a decision as to what needs to be done. Those are some awesome stems @phattpiggie did for you I am glad you got those done and was happy to help out in getting him that wood for you, talk about round the world and back to you lol.

@Reflections I am so glad you like what you see and am sad to hear about your ankle I hope by this day its a little bit better now. All is well and thanks for the bday wishes! Take care of yourself and be safe!

@Stevenski I havent heard it thought of like that when breaking down the cost of the lifespan of the log, different perspective for sure. Great findings done with the multiple stems back to back, am happy to hear this, thanks!

@elykpeace I got ya all packed up bout to do shipping on them all now, you should have it by middle of the week so keep an eye out bro!

Gotta go yall, got another order or two to pack and then paper work before church, wish you all the best and sorry for not having enough time to cover all the posts. Wish you all a great evening and week ahead!

More beautiful WS Ed! We always grill our lobster tails.. We separate the meat from the shell,by cutting with scissors on both sides. Take the meat and peel it away from the shell and then put back in shell to grill 5 to 7 min per side..depending on how hot the heat is...so delish...

Hey @momofthegoons , no I couldnt go to drs..didnt have anyone to drive me..so I just ruffed it. Did you happen to snag the turqouise one? :biggrin:

As stated there is a life time warranty on the internals so if there is ever an issue I will go over it and come to a decision as to what needs to be done.

Just another reason why I am glad I bank with Ed's TNT. Can't be fairer than that.

@Stevenski I havent heard it thought of like that when breaking down the cost of the lifespan of the log, different perspective for sure. Great findings done with the multiple stems back to back, am happy to hear this, thanks!

I am surprised more consumers don't look at things from a lifecycle cost. It makes expensive purchases much easier to justify. That is why I threw in the coffee analogy. I don't think twice about buying a cuppa yet I spend at least 3 x the cost of my WS every year on coffee if not more. Even when I sold camping supplies an eternity ago I almost never failed to convert people from the $100 sleeping mat to the $300 one by asking what a good nights sleep is worth. Go camping for 20 days per year & if it lasts 5 years (lifetime warranty anyways) that is $3 for a good nights sleep & you paid more for that coffee you are holding......... The payoff was always after their first trip when they would pop in to pick up extras & say how glad they were they spent a bit more when looking at their friends who went cheap every morning. Their friends would seek me out & it was not because I created more expensive packages but because I provided a value proposition & could articulate it well. As we have discussed many times it is all about being able to convey the value proposition & your WS package really does that well, especially with that cap included now.

As for my "research" it was difficult but someone had to do it bro.

Maayyyybeeee..........:razz2:

giphy.gif

I was always jealous of @CarolKings Blackwood & turquoise stem but that Wood Scent is something else altogether. Kicking myself for not asking the main man about that but I seem to remember he had a friend do it. Oh well you have a real one of a kind coming your way & you can leave the OG WS up at the cabin.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back