Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips ABV - What do you do with it

XvZOONpBhfvuuG5bXAIbdTqoKFrjCeZMF6BqO-U6DY7yKYTU_XoIENc2_59otV5oSg4EYVFQaPLKsrCUh_njcHzRsoziFs2K2Go-fcaMgp-qB9n8KiJW8ve3Bhvz4_0qFPjrEJ7ywoCd7FJvOEB_V6poblUD9Nw=s0-d-e1-ft

Egg salad infused with AVB​

Ingredients:

4 servings

• 8 large hard-boiled eggs
  • 5 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon mustard (dijon is our favorite)
  • Half finely chopped red onion (you can use a food processor)
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature, soft)
  • 2-4 g of water cured AVB (depending on your tolerance)
  • Salt and pepper

1. Place the eggs in a pot and fill the pot up with cold water. (Make sure the water is covering the eggs)
  2. Place it on the stove and bring the water to boil.
  3. Boil the eggs for 12-13 minutes.
  4. Drain the eggs and fill up the pot with ice-cold water again. Let the eggs cool down in the water. (It is easier to clean the shell if the eggs are cold)
  5. Remove the shell and break the eggs into small pieces with a fork
  6. Chop the onions or place them into a food processor
  7. Combine all the other ingredients with the eggs in a bowl and use salt and pepper to season it
  8. Let it cool in the fridge and serve it in the desired way!

We can’t say it enough, that always take it slow when you start creating dishes with AVB. Potency depends on the original bud and the way of decarboxylation (activation of raw cannabis) process. So be cautious and watch how your body reacts to AVB infused dishes.
I think the decarb doesn't affect AVB too much considering it was decarbed in the vape prior to becoming AVB/ABV
Quality of weed shouldn't make too much of a difference either as you vape most of the THC in the vape and are left with what couldn't be vaped which is usually pretty consistent per bowl
If it's better weed you get a better hit in the vape but similar potency in the avb
If its shit weed you get a less potent experience in the vape but similar once it's in avb form
This is in my experience at any rate
Obviously if you hit some of your bowls fully and only hit some for a few puffs before emptying you will end up with different strength avb

Another reason I prefer to make feco from avb/ABV tho
You are left with a consistent end product that is extremely potent
You can dose the same each time in edibles or caps or dabbing it easily and repeatedly

Also agree with @momofthegoons that this does NOT look appetising....lol
More edible edible recipes out there methinks for my tastebuds

I think the decarb doesn't affect AVB too much considering it was decarbed in the vape prior to becoming AVB/ABV
Quality of weed shouldn't make too much of a difference either as you vape most of the THC in the vape and are left with what couldn't be vaped which is usually pretty consistent per bowl
If it's better weed you get a better hit in the vape but similar potency in the avb
If its shit weed you get a less potent experience in the vape but similar once it's in avb form
This is in my experience at any rate
Obviously if you hit some of your bowls fully and only hit some for a few puffs before emptying you will end up with different strength avb

Another reason I prefer to make feco from avb/ABV tho
You are left with a consistent end product that is extremely potent
You can dose the same each time in edibles or caps or dabbing it easily and repeatedly

Also agree with @momofthegoons that this does NOT look appetising....lol
More edible edible recipes out there methinks for my tastebuds

I know folks like the nutty appeal of ABV
The real fun is in the extraction product
It makes a very nice bedtime elixir
It also benefits from a good filtering and activated charcoal scrub
The taste is much better than its non ABV counterpart
The sedation is much better
Anyone ever look at ABV as an anti anxiety treatment?

Very informative. Just my opinion, but if you'll notice an increase in CBN in the avb. This I believe causes the sedative and pain relieving qualities. Lots of THC left to extract and use. I've been using avb for about 6 years now in everything from oil to cookies and I've yet to be disappointed . I use avb oil in combination with CBD oil for my medical issues with some good results.

Lab Results: What's left in ABV​

i.imgur.com/eucxi8...
r/abv - Lab Results: What's left in ABV

Saw this thread on fuckcombustion that posted a white paper from MCR Labs near Boston. They took 30 semi-calibrated draws off a MFLB, measuring the vapor as they went.
When they were done with the 30 draws, they measured the ABV composition. Interestingly, most of the goodies left in the ABV was THC. And about 1/3 of the THC was still in THCA form, suggesting that a good chunk had not yet been decarboxylated even after 30 draws.
Takeaway is that there is THC in your ABV to claim, and if you want max results it might be worth it to run the abv through a decarb cycle.

Very informative. Just my opinion, but if you'll notice an increase in CBN in the avb. This I believe causes the sedative and pain relieving qualities. Lots of THC left to extract and use. I've been using avb for about 6 years now in everything from oil to cookies and I've yet to be disappointed . I use avb oil in combination with CBD oil for my medical issues with some good results.

Lab Results: What's left in ABV​

i.imgur.com/eucxi8...
r/abv - Lab Results: What's left in ABV's left in ABV

Saw this thread on fuckcombustion that posted a white paper from MCR Labs near Boston. They took 30 semi-calibrated draws off a MFLB, measuring the vapor as they went.
When they were done with the 30 draws, they measured the ABV composition. Interestingly, most of the goodies left in the ABV was THC. And about 1/3 of the THC was still in THCA form, suggesting that a good chunk had not yet been decarboxylated even after 30 draws.
Takeaway is that there is THC in your ABV to claim, and if you want max results it might be worth it to run the abv through a decarb cycle.

MCR is where I want to get my products tested
That ABV profile looks amazing
what you have to start the process of extraction could make a killer tincture with some great properties
If you can fine tune the decarb

So a sleepy time beverage for bed
And the justification for vaping a lot of flower
"I'm making medicine damn it"!!!!!!

MCR is where I want to get my products tested
That ABV profile looks amazing
what you have to start the process of extraction could make a killer tincture with some great properties
If you can fine tune the decarb

So a sleepy time beverage for bed
And the justification for vaping a lot of flower
"I'm making medicine damn it"!!!!!!
I’m getting ready to run a batch of abv for oil. I’m really interested in decarbing abv . I’m taking a wild guess on decarbing times and temps. Possibly 240 degrees and less time ? Maybe 30 minutes ? I normally decarb my weed at 240 for 40 minutes. I believe that 240!is a good bet as it’s low enough in temp not to harm any leftover canabinoids. Any thoughts are welcomed The oil I use now is strong and I’m excited to see if a further decarb will increase my bioavailability

If making feco like I do you do not need to decarb
The purge process is where you decarboxylase at the very end of the purge
Another reason I prefer this method
It really gives you full access to the product with full Extraction without all the extra processes

I winterise my feco also to make it more pure

Easiest to dose however you wish to consume it
Dabbing being the most economical

But can make absolutely any consumables you like from the end product
Tincture
Caps
Dabs
Edibles of any kind
Olive oil
Vape cart
Whatever

If making feco like I do you do not need to decarb
The purge process is where you decarboxylase at the very end of the purge
Another reason I prefer this method
It really gives you full access to the product with full Extraction without all the extra processes

I winterise my feco also to make it more pure

Easiest to dose however you wish to consume it
Dabbing being the most economical

But can make absolutely any consumables you like from the end product
Tincture
Caps
Dabs
Edibles of any kind
Olive oil
Vape cart
Whatever
How do you make something "more pure" ?

Just How Efficiently Does The Volcano Vaporize Weed?​

We’ve wondered from day 1 exactly how much THC is left in the ABV / AVB / Volcano Poo produced by our Volcano. Finally, we had the opportunity to do some semi-scientific testing. The results are surprising – there is much more THC in the already been vaped bud than I would have imagined.
Here are the details:
  1. We started with 2 grams of Golden Goat from our local dispensary, and finely ground the buds in a grinder.
  2. 4 samples were divided from the ground material, .5g each, with one reserved as a control.
  3. All 3 samples were vaporized at a setting of 6 (which equates to 190°c or 374°f) on a Volcano Classic with easy valve and a standard size bag.
  4. Method 1: Fill 4 bags.
    Method 2: Fill 6 bags.
    Method 3: Fill 3 bags, regrind with fingers, fill 3 more bags
  5. Samples were analyzed by LuvBud from Fort Collins, Colorado.
Unsurprisingly method 3 extracted the most THC from the herb. All of the methods completely extracted all the terpenes, which explains the rapidly declining flavor profile the further you go.

Bottom line, our most efficiently extracted sample still contained 48% of the THC available in the sample. Even after 6 bags with stirring in the middle, the potency of the leftovers is 9.34%. That means 1 gram of ABV of this strain potentially has 93mg of THC, which is nothing to sneeze at.

ControlMethod 1Method 2Method 3
THCa20.00%0.06%0.00%0.00%
THC1.97%17.51%14.92%9.34%
CBDa0.21%0.01%0.00%0.00%
CBD0.04%0.18%0.09%0.00%
CBN0.08%1.88%2.63%2.87%
Inactive77.70%80.42%82.36%87.79%
Total Actives22.30%19.58%17.64%12.21%
Active mg111.597.988.261.05
Extracted mg13.623.350.45
Efficiency12.20%20.90%45.25%

Just How Efficiently Does The Volcano Vaporize Weed?​

We’ve wondered from day 1 exactly how much THC is left in the ABV / AVB / Volcano Poo produced by our Volcano. Finally, we had the opportunity to do some semi-scientific testing. The results are surprising – there is much more THC in the already been vaped bud than I would have imagined.
Here are the details:
  1. We started with 2 grams of Golden Goat from our local dispensary, and finely ground the buds in a grinder.
  2. 4 samples were divided from the ground material, .5g each, with one reserved as a control.
  3. All 3 samples were vaporized at a setting of 6 (which equates to 190°c or 374°f) on a Volcano Classic with easy valve and a standard size bag.
  4. Method 1: Fill 4 bags.
    Method 2: Fill 6 bags.
    Method 3: Fill 3 bags, regrind with fingers, fill 3 more bags
  5. Samples were analyzed by LuvBud from Fort Collins, Colorado.
Unsurprisingly method 3 extracted the most THC from the herb. All of the methods completely extracted all the terpenes, which explains the rapidly declining flavor profile the further you go.

Bottom line, our most efficiently extracted sample still contained 48% of the THC available in the sample. Even after 6 bags with stirring in the middle, the potency of the leftovers is 9.34%. That means 1 gram of ABV of this strain potentially has 93mg of THC, which is nothing to sneeze at.

ControlMethod 1Method 2Method 3
THCa20.00%0.06%0.00%0.00%
THC1.97%17.51%14.92%9.34%
CBDa0.21%0.01%0.00%0.00%
CBD0.04%0.18%0.09%0.00%
CBN0.08%1.88%2.63%2.87%
Inactive77.70%80.42%82.36%87.79%
Total Actives22.30%19.58%17.64%12.21%
Active mg111.597.988.261.05
Extracted mg13.623.350.45
Efficiency12.20%20.90%45.25%

What I would like to control are the temps and times within a closed receptacle
The ardent nova or similar with programmable times and temps

For now the oven will do for experimenting
So many vaporizers all doing different things

Need a test kit that does not require a PhD and removal of your pets while you test

Nice to know my insane filtering with celite and activated charcoal may be removing pesticides and heavy metals
I swear by it just for the great tasting edibles

A bit off topic

Can anybody recommend some products
Particularly flower if you know or recognize any of the strains that are good for vaping
Bought flower that looked awesome for vaping but seemed to come up short in vapor cloud and taste
Super lemon haze vapes amazingly

What I would like to control are the temps and times within a closed receptacle
The ardent nova or similar with programmable times and temps

For now the oven will do for experimenting
So many vaporizers all doing different things

Need a test kit that does not require a PhD and removal of your pets while you test

Nice to know my insane filtering with celite and activated charcoal may be removing pesticides and heavy metals
I swear by it just for the great tasting edibles

A bit off topic

Can anybody recommend some products
Particularly flower if you know or recognize any of the strains that are good for vaping
Bought flower that looked awesome for vaping but seemed to come up short in vapor cloud and taste
Super lemon haze vapes amazingly
Is this the process you use ?

Interesting conversation regarding decarb temperatures.

How do you make something "more pure" ?
By removing other substances that are not desired thus making it more pure..... Think taking the milk out of coffee to make it less watered down and thus more pure

By winterising for feco

Google the process you will understand

Winterising freezes waxes, chlorophyll and some lipids and other impurities

You then filter again after freezing
This collects all the above mentioned extras thus leaving you with a more pure product

Removing substances that are not thc or other desired cannabinoids makes the final product more pure

Rosin comes in at around 70/75% pure
Feco comes in at 90/95% pure
But Rosin gives more of a head high and tastes great as more terpines have been saved
Feco is more sedative (even made from bud) and has a much more subtle and weedy flavour

If you have 3/4 thc and 1/4 other stuff your product is 75% pure
If you remove the 1/4 of other stuff you are left with 100% of what you want
This is a basic example for the purpose of explanation but it should give you basic understanding of the information

I carbon filter my alcohol from my still
I wouldn't bother with my avb
Coffee filters and winterising gives me a nice golden product without the green colour and it is much smoother to dab and cleaner to taste

If it's pure then you can't make it "more pure".

pure​

[ pyoor ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: pure / purest / pureness on Thesaurus.com
Elementary Level

adjective, pur·er, pur·est.
free from anything of a different, inferior, or contaminating kind; free from extraneous matter:pure gold;pure water.
unmodified by an admixture; simple or homogeneous.
of unmixed descent or ancestry:a pure breed of dog.
free from foreign or inappropriate elements:pure Attic Greek.
clear; free from blemishes:pure skin.
(of literary style) straightforward; unaffected.

If it's pure then you can't make it "more pure".

pure​

[ pyoor ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: pure / purest / pureness on Thesaurus.com
Elementary Level

adjective, pur·er, pur·est.
free from anything of a different, inferior, or contaminating kind; free from extraneous matter:pure gold;pure water.
unmodified by an admixture; simple or homogeneous.
of unmixed descent or ancestry:a pure breed of dog.
free from foreign or inappropriate elements:pure Attic Greek.
clear; free from blemishes:pure skin.
(of literary style) straightforward; unaffected.
Oh so you were playing semantics and grammar nazi
I apologise
I thought you didn't understand and were asking a question as to how to make something more concentrated as per the discussion here

If you'd like to have the grammar discussion I think there is another thread for that

If you were being smarmy to me enjoy that energy

If anyone was interested in the information side of things I hope I shared some personal experience that helped

Some ppl honestly

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back