Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Automotive Thread

Looks like a winner in that class @Helios :thumbsup:

I would get a Tundra if were in the US...and could afford it, a real 4wd! needs low range and can tow...a real load!

Jaguar car’s were electrical nightmare’s unit the oo’s. Had a lot of them in the family!
BMW is my liking today.
The plastic for motor cover’s is for lightness.
My jag did not fit in my garage?
The BMW does!
My brother had a Toyota truck with 300,000 miles on decent resel. (He has fleet of vehicles these. Daze’s)
My old parent’s are Mercedes driver’s these daze.
Car’s are subjective to one’s preference?
Hotboxing is a CIVILIZED way to experience CANNABIS in a car!
Forgot what I was writing?
Oh I remember!
The HYUNDIA in CHILE was inexpensive and decent for Surf trip’s?

Last edited:
The plastic for motor cover’s is for lightness.
Too bad that was not the only plastic, every part on the engine that could swap out for plastic has been done,

Too bad that was not the only plastic, every part on the engine that could swap out for plastic has been done,

Happy wife happy life!
Next grow season is outdoors for my need’s.
My BEMOR with be full of CANNABIS (DUTCH CRUNCH, THAI, GRAPEFRUIT) super cropped and dazed and confused like a bought one! (NO SEED’s at all)
Driving while vaping is CIVILIZED 2-me?

Driving while vaping is CIVILIZED 2-me?
Me too...as long as my wife is at the controls so I can vape to the point of a whitey, better than a rollercoaster...wheeeeeeeee!

Think i gonna buy this tomorrow for 500 quid...
Only 90k miles..
As long as it test drives ok...
Not for me.. for my friend who i tought to drive..
Way to slow for me..
Good first car though...
20201114_140715.jpg

I usually get any car I am looking at checked by a mechanic before I start haggling, only paying 500 for a car would negate that option though. I would at least take a mate that I know could help with checking for problems. Take in turns test driving as it is good to sit in the passenger seat to diagnose while someone else drives.
I also purchased a decent cheap OBD2 reader and these can help you get an even better price or tell you to walk away and not bother.
Here is the unit I have, recommended, about US$30 and will fit most cars made after 1996!
1605420126860.png

Of course you may find the same unit cheaper in other countries.

I usually get any car I am looking at checked by a mechanic before I start haggling, only paying 500 for a car would negate that option though. I would at least take a mate that I know could help with checking for problems. Take in turns test driving as it is good to sit in the passenger seat to diagnose while someone else drives.
I also purchased a decent cheap OBD2 reader and these can help you get an even better price or tell you to walk away and not bother.
Here is the unit I have, recommended, about US$30 and will fit most cars made after 1996!
View attachment 22238

Of course you may find the same unit cheaper in other countries.
Yes i already have an odb 2 reader...

Luckily for me i am a qualified mechanic, among other things.
Its a handy skill to have, means im not at the mercy of extortionate garages...
Not enough money in it as a carree though....
Basic points to check...

Under bonnet, when was cam belt done??
Is there any emulsification in oil or water.???
Check for oil leaks... check manifold..

I make sure i check all tyres and brakes and brake pipes for corrosion as thats an easy mot fail... and a basterd to replace..

Make sure it brakes in straight line..

Clutch test it... put in 4th, handbrake on.. can i make it slip.???

I make sure i get it up to temp, make sure heaters work as this can be head gasket.. and that no noises develop once car is warm...

Suspension gets a damper bounce test...

Thats pretty much it, anything like a wheel bearing id pick up on test... and finding faults means knocking price down...

At this price id probably buy it no matter what as it only has 90k miles... i can fix any faults, then when we are done with it in year or so, it will still be sellable for 750...

Mexican Toyotas have not been proven one way or the other yet but I would give them a miss...that is why I said I would rather a Tundra if I lived in the USA...or an older Tacoma that was built in Texas.

Yea the title is more just his click bait to get views
He says himself there's nothing wrong with Mexican made ones and he has seen an old one that is in fine condition
It's only about toyboata at the very start
Was just sharing the video as I had just watched it and he is interesting to watch and listen to

Old camping pic,
0011.jpg

Thick scrub, upgraded to Mud Terrain tyres since the pic, a must-have in Tasmania.

20210107_135550.jpg

She only has 65K on the clock...really low for a 13
All Mods and maintenance is performed by me...(Utube tutorials only)
She is Mexican made, so far so good. I am deep into Toyota circles here, honestly, there is no data that shows less reliability.
Mexican made VS San Antonio made is not something I have personally minded. After 2 of these, I see no difference. Others agree, to each their own.
I have an ARE shell, that we put on when heading out with a full kit. Right now she has a toneu cover on.....

She is set up to be parked, I know it's crazy, but she spends months just seating at an airport or office somewhere.
Also, She has been fully winterized( family and work in CO)

She looks plain and stealthy (that's the goal here) she has been designed to look like a stock Tacoma, but there is plenty of mods.

She has a full Valentine one and Full Trooper Spectra mounted to the body- I see someone 2 miles ahead- Many other mods and electronics that I prefer not to list....

We travel frequently to CO, sometimes I stay up in Denver with her ...sometimes I get a rental.

I invested on AMG(dual group 31 from Northstar), switch, and controller. Just in case a NOCO jumper sits in the recovery kit.
OME suspension including leafs// after all the added weight I had to compensate it somehow...hood is fully packed, steel rear bumper and full kit made her way too heavy.
I have an ARB dual compressor ready to go on. The plan is to be able to manage air anywhere....my tires go rotten and square from not using it.....over inflation on the way out helps with that.
I also plan on a rear seat delete soon(more room for cargo and storage) Moose flat kit and perhaps a dometic fridge.

Last edited:
last year I had the pleasure to have this LC for 4 months. It was a long-term rental.....Nothing but pleasure......I need and LC ASAP
I beat the shit out of it offroading it the Mountains...hehe, that's what rentals are for...
Enterprise charged me $700 for the smell.....fuck me. I paid, guilty as charged.
lc2chamonix.jpg
lcchamonix.jpg

Last edited:
@felvapes - yep clickbait dude, full of crap.
In TTE and TW (Toyota Tacoma Entusiast / Tacoma World) he is a laughing stock.
Why? Because he is a good mechanic that loves Toyota's with over 50 years of experience working on all types of brands...
He is the only Yank that likes Toyota, even the Mexican made ones, he said it is the only Mexican made vehicle that is any good, but if you insist I will go against him and say they are shit! (Ozzie must as I am a Patrol man, truth is I could not afford a 100 series LC let alone a 200)
That 3 door 'LC' is called a Prado here (series 120 LC, the '200 LC's little brother.
I have a couple ARB compressors in my bus and a few other ARB things (air locker) shocks to go with my AirBagMan airbags, they are like most companies now...selling China shit with their badge (see my awning, replaced twice under warranty) on a lot of gear.:cry:

Why? Because he is a good mechanic that loves Toyota's with over 50 years of experience working on all types of brands...
He is the only Yank that likes Toyota, even the re in yheMexican made ones, he said it is the only Mexican made vehicle that is any good, but if you insist I will go against him and say they are shit! (Ozzie must as I am a Patrol man, truth is I could not afford a 100 series LC let alone a 200)
That 3 door 'LC' is called a Prado here (series 120 LC, the '200 LC's little brother.
I have a couple ARB compressors in my bus and a few other ARB things (air locker) shocks to go with my AirBagMan airbags, they are like most companies now...selling China shit with their badge (see my awning, replaced twice under warranty) on a lot of gear.:cry:
He has spamed the shit out of TW/TTE..these forums are like here, we got tired of his ass quickly.

I cannot afford one myself, they are $100K here...for a fucking GAS engine...that's insane,way too much money for us.
Quality gear and fabrication can still be found in few American Manufacturers, but they cost way too much....little by little, they are all being replaced by Chinese Manufactures.

We are debating on new locations (Spain, Germany, Colorado and NorCal)to relocate.

IF we go back to EU I will have to buy a vehicle there.....something small. We will see.....
I did Nissan too, big time.I am waiting for them to revise the Frontier....

I was born in San Diego,Ca. My dad loved desert racing and raced for fun.I always had fascination for trophy trucks growing up.....

$100K here
The price of the V8 twin-turbo diesel (no one wants the petrol version in AU) price will make your eyes water, especially in Aussie sheckles.
2020 Toyota Landcruiser Sahara Auto 4x4-OAG-AD-19339063 - carsales.com.au
About what my house cost...20 years ago (LC was about the same price then for a Sahara)
This would still need another 15 to 20k spent on it for touring Oz...in comfort and style.
Nissan are fucked now, only V8 petrol in a Patrol and the Pathfinders are just rebadged Renault crap waiting to blow up or fall apart. :twocents:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back