Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Automotive Thread

The price of the V8 twin-turbo diesel (no one wants the petrol version in AU) price will make your eyes water, especially in Aussie sheckles.
2020 Toyota Landcruiser Sahara Auto 4x4-OAG-AD-19339063 - carsales.com.au
About what my house cost...20 years ago (LC was about the same price then for a Sahara)
This would still need another 15 to 20k spent on it for touring Oz...in comfort and style.
Nissan are fucked now, only V8 petrol in a Patrol and the Pathfinders are just rebadged Renault crap waiting to blow up or fall apart. :twocents:
Oh...138K is insane
I wanted a double cab, flat bed diesel(like the ones we had in AFG, us government property...70 series?I get the series all mixed up...we don't have it here
toyota-land-cruiser_100581567.jpg

Fuck Renault (and Pejaut)...had my issues with them buying used cars in Brazil and Spain....fuck them

Love my chilux
Toyota diffs, W series gearbox
Isuzu/Holden chassis
Mitsubishi engine
Rodeo/Colorado/Isuzu discs and calipers
This is all from factory in China

Modded by me
2" lift Sus with Nissan springs and Toyota 120 series shocks
Two accessory batteries in back
3000w pure sine converter
DC/DC charger
Fridge
Freezer - both run constantly in car
Tent and solar on the roof
New extractors and first cat cut
Upgraded air intake
Awning off side

Have a bullbar and winch to put on out the back and want to put bigger tyres on now I have the lift
Looking for a rear bar too for Gerry cans and spare wheel instead of underneath

Did a 3500 km trip camping and off roading recently
My mate toyboata Prado threw a wheel and broke top and bottom ball joints and snapped a cv

The chinarado didn't miss a beat
Cost me less in fuel full trip than my mate paid 1/4 way in the end

I grew up driving Toyota's and loved them, back when ppl here called them jap crap much like they do the Chinese cars now
Not worth the price and recalls these days tho

If someone wanted to give me one I certainly wouldn't say no though lol

Last edited:
These variants are called Bandeirante , they are a modified version af the FJ40 for the Brazilian market.....you still see them around and for sale today....I would take one of those...I dont want brand new, I just want Diesel bad ass......

cd65929ef46f2798fcb425f117966b30.jpg

Love my chilux
Toyota diffs, W series gearbox
Isuzu/Holden chassis
Mitsubishi engine
Rodeo/Colorado/Isuzu discs and calipers

Modded 2" lift Sus by me with Nissan springs and Toyota 120 series shocks
Two accessory batteries in back
3000w pure sine converter
DC/DC charger
Fridge
Freezer - both run constantly in car
Tent and solar on the roof
New extractors and first cat cut
Upgraded air intake
Awning off side

Have a bullbar and winch to put on out the back and want to put bigger tyres on now I have the lift
Looking for ..
Thats bad ass, I wish I was more mechanically inclined like that.....I took me 4 hours to change my front break pads....thanks youbtube

All my friends drive Fords, Chevys and big american trucks, here in Texas, I am the retard that buys Toyota.....but fuck it....I like them.

Mines Petrol
But cost less in fuel than the Prado

Only a small 4 cylinder engine but kept up with the Prado at 150kms an hour (my mate is a lead foot) and offroads with the best of them
Just crawls over things like the old 4x4s did instead of ripping the land up

Mines Petrol
But cost less in fuel than the Prado

Only a small 4 cylinder engine but kept up with the Prado at 150kms an hour (my mate is a lead foot) and offroads with the best of them
Just crawls over things like the old 4x4s did instead of ripping the land up
I had the 2.7 gas on my first single cab tacoma....loved that engine.Great fuel economy too..... V6 now really sucks dick....11 MPG with a full load averaging 60 on a paved highway.....I initially was going to drop a trd supercharger but the fuel was going to suck even more.Fuel economy is by far my biggest issue.

I had the 2.7 gas on my first single cab tacoma....loved that engine.Great fuel economy too..... V6 now really sucks dick....11 MPG with a full load averaging 60 on a paved highway.....I initially was going to drop a trd supercharger but the fuel was going to suck even more.Fuel economy is by far my biggest issue.
The Tacoma is our hibux (Hilux) I think
I remember the 2.7
Mine is a 2.4 triton engine
But it goes well and keeps going and is cheap to run

Yea those V6 Toyotas drink like no one's business
Move well but drink lots

The Tacoma is our hibux (Hilux) I think
I remember the 2.7
Mine is a 2.4 triton engine
But it goes well and keeps going and is cheap to run

Yea those V6 Toyotas drink like no one's business
Move well but drink lots
Yep, same as the south american hilux.
I sold (gave) to a friend for only $7K . I had orders to be stationed in South Korea.
I could only take 1 personal vehicle,my first wife just got a VW Jetta ....I did not want to pay storage for 2 years and decided to sell it.
Still today I regret it....Jetta POS.

My cous has a 2.4 diesel 1984 hilux on his block that still runs like a clock with 400000k's on it and his daily driver is a 2.8 diesel 1991 hilux with nearly 600000k's on it!
I love Toyotas, owned a Celica, and the wife has had a few different models, I wanted a LC so bad but only had 50k to spend on a second-hand vehicle so had to settle on the Datsun!

My cous has a 2.4 diesel 1984 hilux on his block that still runs like a clock with 400000k's on it and his daily driver is a 2.8 diesel 1991 hilux with nearly 600000k's on it!
I love Toyotas, owned a Celica, and the wife has had a few different models, I wanted a LC so bad but only had 50k to spend on a second-hand vehicle so had to settle on the Datsun!
Gotta love the old datto on stilts mate

Husband: My wife is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home!
Officer: Age?
Husband: I'm not sure. Somewhere between 50 and 60. We don't do birthdays.
Officer: Height?
Husband: I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.
OFFICER : Weight?
Husband: Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.
OFFICER : Color of eyes?
Husband: Sort of brown I think.
OFFICER : Color of hair?
Husband: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now. I can't remember.
OFFICER : What was she wearing?
Husband: Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.
OFFICER : What kind of car did she go in?
Husband: She went in my truck.
OFFICER : What kind of truck was it?
Husband : A 2017, manufactured September 16th, pearl white Ram Limited 4X4 .with 6.4l Hemi V8 engine ordered with the Ram Box bar and fridge option, led lighting, back up and front camera,
Moose hide leather heated and cooled seats, climate controlled air conditioning. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed, Weather Tech floor mats. Trailing package with gold hitch,
sunroof, DVD with full GPS navigation, satellite radio, Cobra 75 WX ST 40-channel CB radio, six cup holders, 3 USB ports, and 4 power outlets. I added special alloy wheels and off-road Toyo tires.
It has custom retracting running boards and under-glow wheel well lighting.
At this point the husband started choking up.
OFFICER : Take it easy sir, We'll find your truck.

Last edited:
Back in time:;early 70’s many hippie type’s lived in van’s similar like you’re posting?
No they didn't lol
The Iveco is a full blown 4x4 that will go anywhere
And the living areas are quite big being it is a truck like chassis and long
The room inside the dual cabs is huge too....Truck size plus some
Like a lounge room in the cab
Could sleep a person along the back area
My mates parents have one...cost them $180,000

Hippie vans are not in the same realm as these
Especially back in the day

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back