Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Automotive Thread

my two rides ...
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Special Edition - Daytona #3500
1500.jpg

2008 Dodge Charger

charger.jpg

pulling my mini camper
44063061_10217028273684168_4016839108130242560_n.jpg

My brother buy’s SUBARU’s for his girls.
Are they OK?
The All-Wheel-Drive on the Subaru makes them a very safe car, they are also very reliable being Japanese built. A great choice for a caring informed parent.

Subaru is a decent car
It won a lot of rallies
If they are looked after they shouldn't have too many issues
They are not full off-road ability vehicles as the toyboatas will be though

I still laugh when I see people these days from Aus say Japanese made is good
(Except for recent toyboata issues they are)
But I remember the days as a kid when every redneck farmer who hates on Mahindra (Indian that used to make jeeps under license waaay back at the start) or Chinese brands now, saying the same about "japcrap" or "riceburners"

My Chinese car is a Japanese bitsashitty (Mitsubishi) engine too so I have best of both lol

Here's my tent up on the roof
Quite comfortable and super easy to put up and pack away
Quite happy - I've been waiting to get this since I got my dabpress, the money for the tent went on the dabpress :)

Fits one person very comfortably and would do two people if they like each other ;D

Only annoying thing was that I had to flip my awning so I could centre the tent properly
It still works fine, but for my 6'2 head it now scrapes the roof of the awning if I don't bend slightly

Next is to chuck the flexible solar panel up top and finish wiring the accessory batteries up

EDIT
I did make it rain the other day btw...lol
Day after washing it rained
We need it though so I'm cool with it :)

20200117_201056.jpg
20200117_203001.jpg
20200117_203022.jpg
20200117_201016.jpg
20200117_194815.jpg
20200117_203046.jpg
20200117_203123.jpg
20200117_194728.jpg
20200117_203140.jpg

Last edited:
love the roof tent ... i've seen a few of these at the music festivals we attend ...
Yea I have a swag but the convenience of the RTT is brilliant
So quick to put up and down on an overnight stay or even if needed to pull over on the side of the road for a rest on the long trips
I like this one as I could use anywhere unlike the ones that fold in half and off the car (although those are bigger inside)
It's also easier to pack up, so much quicker than the old style

Also good if I ever head north in the country we have crocs in the bush in the top end
The roof will be a safer place to sleep up there...lol

Subaru is a decent car
It won a lot of rallies
If they are looked after they shouldn't have too many issues
They are not full off-road ability vehicles as the toyboatas will be though

I still laugh when I see people these days from Aus say Japanese made is good
(Except for recent toyboata issues they are)
But I remember the days as a kid when every redneck farmer who hates on Mahindra (Indian that used to make jeeps under license waaay back at the start) or Chinese brands now, saying the same about "japcrap" or "riceburners"

My Chinese car is a Japanese bitsashitty (Mitsubishi) engine too so I have best of both lol

Here's my tent up on the roof
Quite comfortable and super easy to put up and pack away
Quite happy - I've been waiting to get this since I got my dabpress, the money for the tent went on the dabpress :)

Fits one person very comfortably and would do two people if they like each other ;D

Only annoying thing was that I had to flip my awning so I could centre the tent properly
It still works fine, but for my 6'2 head it now scrapes the roof of the awning if I don't bend slightly

Next is to chuck the flexible solar panel up top and finish wiring the accessory batteries up

EDIT
I did make it rain the other day btw...lol
Day after washing it rained
We need it though so I'm cool with it :)

View attachment 15654View attachment 15655View attachment 15656View attachment 15657View attachment 15658View attachment 15659View attachment 15660View attachment 15661View attachment 15662
I had a TOYOTA CORONA 71 in HAWAII with surf rack’s that I loved until my girlfriend rolled it one night.
See looked like a Movie Star however drove real wreck less?
Cool car before she destroyed it!
Clean like your before?.

WTF, people spend time doing that, about the only time I get to drive is in low range and that is only sometimes!

WTF, people spend time doing that, about the only time I get to drive is in low range and that is only sometimes!
Haha
Ikr
If you have a few spare hours go and hit the tracks and sleep outdoors for the evening
I do play Xbox but that's usually for shit I can't actually do irl - like killing zombies or something - and I do it less and less these days

If it's off road time I'm going to get in the car and actually off road

Porche Challenge on the PS1 was awesome...hehe, my PS1 cost $700 and games were $120 ea...ah good ol mining days, I can't remember them!

Porche Challenge on the PS1 was awesome...hehe, my PS1 cost $700 and games were $120 ea...ah good ol mining days, I can't remember them!

My mate used to work in mines in WA
Ended up trying to hang himself from custody issues and a lack of support from those around him over there
Someone found him but his brain doesn't work the same anymore

I had a chipped PS one
I borrowed games from the video shop and burnt them onto regular cds haha
3 dollars a game
Gran Turismo was the shit when it came out the ol Nissan GTR og AWD, Godzilla
Or Colin McRae Rally

My mate used to work in mines in WA
Ended up trying to hang himself from custody issues and a lack of support from those around him over there
Someone found him but his brain doesn't work the same anymore

I had a chipped PS one
I borrowed games from the video shop and burnt them onto regular cds haha
3 dollars a game
Gran Turismo was the shit when it came out the ol Nissan GTR og AWD, Godzilla
Or Colin McRae Rally
I rented a TOYOTA 4x4 in COSTA RICA with boy’s, wife and daughter.
The ocean tide almost took it while we were surfing were the jungle meet’s the sea!
When I grew up we had no video game’s?
Safer now daze?
My oldest boy rolled the trunk on a dirt road!
My wife had the for sight to get insurance!
I was wreak less!
My son was just having fun?

None of them knew you had to lock the hubs in on the Tojo, I went for a spin in the back of a couple of year old v8 Dual Cap (79 series?) and you still had to get out and lock the hubs manually..this is an $80k or more new vehicle...FUCKS SAKE

Edit, how did they get bogged with no mud @felvapes

None of them knew you had to lock the hubs in on the Tojo, I went for a spin in the back of a couple of year old v8 Dual Cap (79 series?) and you still had to get out and lock the hubs manually..this is an $80k or more new vehicle...FUCKS SAKE

Edit, how did they get bogged with no mud @felvapes
I'm putting freewheeling hubs on my car
Saves parts spinning all the time and if ever break front end I can still have 2wd low range
They are auto ATM but I will have to get out if I put them on

No idea it's not my picture
Maybe it just broke down or there was track behind with sand or holes

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back