Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Bubble Hash

I have been looking at the price of ice here (AU$5 a bag) and I used 4 bags last time I did a bubble run (and could have used more) and thought an ice maker might end up cheaper in the long run.
Also, the ice made is shaped like a round nosed bullet so might damage the material less;
IM-ZB-07-SR-WP05.jpg

IM-ZB-07-SR-WP04.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DEVANTI...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I could make ice for a few days before bubble day and store the ice in my 12v solar fed freezer ready for action.
So 10 crops (3-4 years) and it would have paid for itself.
Good idea, yes or no?

I have been looking at the price of ice here (AU$5 a bag) and I used 4 bags last time I did a bubble run (and could have used more) and thought an ice maker might end up cheaper in the long run.
Also, the ice made is shaped like a round nosed bullet so might damage the material less;
IM-ZB-07-SR-WP05.jpg

IM-ZB-07-SR-WP04.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DEVANTI-3-2L-Portable-Ice-Cube-Maker-Machine-Quick-Commercial-Home-Fast-Silver/371724928122?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I could make ice for a few days before bubble day and store the ice in my 12v solar fed freezer ready for action.
Good idea, yes or no?
Interesting

Would it possibly be less work to just buy a heap of ice trays and chuck in the freezer at once?
A few hours and you will have much more than 14 cubes with only one run....

14 cubes every ten minutes is good for drinks, but a lot of time and effort if trying to make bulk....

Dunno
The 400$ ice maker looks better for the job, but still costly

Anyone know where we get dry ice in Aus with no suss questions?

14 cubes every ten minutes is good for drinks
You actually leave the machine running and it fills the reservoir with 1.5kg of ice before you need to empty ice/refill water.

You actually leave the machine running and it fills the reservoir with 1.5kg of ice before you need to empty ice/refill water.
That's better than I was thinking

1.5 kg is 1.5 litres
So 14 cubes per 10 mins would maybe be approx 2-400 ml ?
So 30-60 mins to make 1.5 l/kg

Still a bit of work, but much better than I was assuming before

I'm making large guestimations there not knowing the machine and cube sizes etc

It makes 3 different sized ice bullets, they say up to 20kg/24hrs, so probably would make 10kg per day.

It makes 3 different sized ice bullets, they say up to 20kg/24hrs, so probably would make 10kg per day.
So maybe needs emptying every hour and a bit or so over the 12 hour period....

Interesting idea, I like it in some ways...
I like the bullet shaped cubes
I guess you just need to weigh up what would be your easiest way to make the ice you need and your time frames

I don't like water hash myself so
I've never had it. Rumors are a processor or two here in my med program may soon start bubble hash and squished rosin...probably be very pricey.

So, what's not to like about it?

The water for one........especially if you buy by weight.
The health issues that come from the improper drying or the belief water removes molds and pesticides.......it does not.
Finally I find the quality to be noticeably inferior to dry sift......assuming it all has been handled properly and the starting material is not shit.
Heat and pressure degrade terpenes and cannabanoids so I ain't hot on pressing rosin either.
You will pay top dollar to find out and I look forward to hearing your opinion.
Not saying I am right on any of that as I seem to be in the minority on this issue.
All good either way and fun to try out as long as you don't get lung mummy.
:myday:
I've never had it. Rumors are a processor or two here in my med program may soon start bubble hash and squished rosin...probably be very pricey.

So, what's not to like about it?

I only started on the bubble hash road to process my otherwise thrown away harvest clippings...and I like playing with water...and ice. I still haven't had any success with my bubble runs, too much green plant matter. No more cryovac frozen leaf bricks might help.:thumbsup:

I ain't hot on pressing rosin either.
What sort of press did you use, a hair straightener is a PITA and I don't blame you for not liking it.:thumbsup:

Not saying I am right on any of that as I seem to be in the minority on this issue.
Pythagoras was thought a fool and was in the minority when he first suggested the Earth was round, so you could be right @arb, time will tell.:myday:

.hair straighteners are for Sheilas and poofs.
Well said.:thumbsup:

And near bald people in my case!
Did you make rosin presses too?

No sir I stopped smooshing steel before rosin was around.
I do have a blowtorch and a accurate thermometer to go along with my 100 ton Franken press.
I should drag my forge and anvil back out and make some wrought iron vaping stuffs.......mrs.arb would LOVE that.

Somehow, this doesn’t seem like the thread we started... @herbivore21, where’d you go?
Did the Frenchy video sink this?

Just my opinion on a subject I have been doing for decades is all brother.
Adding heat to cannabis breaks it down science says that simple as pie.
Heat and pressure were traditionally more about storage\transport and shelf life.
I like posts because I appreciate the sharing not because I agree with the content.

I haven’t seen the whole video, but aren’t we talking hand pressing. And therefore, hand heat?
I seriously doubt that hand-kneading would damage hash despite the heat and pressure involved.
Something I know nothing about first-hand, as you know, but I like hand-work, so the idea appeals to me

Somehow, this doesn’t seem like the thread we started... @herbivore21, where’d you go?

I haven’t seen the whole video, but aren’t we talking hand pressing. And therefore, hand heat?
I seriously doubt that hand-kneading would damage hash despite the heat and pressure involved.
Something I know nothing about first-hand, as you know, but I like hand-work, so the idea appeals to me
I don't think the video posted ages ago was to blame
Herb has not been in this thread since 2017
Have not seen him in the forum for ages either
I did see him post about temple balls somewhere in the thread prior though..

Some are hand pressed, some use a bottle of hot water and roll it to save time/effort

I am no expert on this just know what used to get done and watch new videos :)

I roll temple balls by hand also............custom orders.
:naughty2:

IM-ZB-07-SR-WP05.jpg

IM-ZB-07-SR-WP04.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DEVANTI...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Good idea, yes or no?

You need to hook that thing up to your dehumidifier....

I roll temple balls by hand also............custom orders.
:naughty2:
I can’t be surprised...

Did a couple of bubble runs today, heaps better return using non-cryovacced starting material. The end product looked more blonde than the first attempt also and I now know why you should not scrape the hash from the bag onto paper...my latest stuff is like chewing gum...sticks to everything including the filter pads I first scaped the bubble onto. I did not have this trouble with the first crappy attempt that I believe was mainly vegetable matter, not hash.:thumbsup:
IMG_20190608_161143.jpg

Bot much 160 this time:smoke:
Might have to dabbasizzle a bit tonight, just to see if it's OK:science:.:smilie-devil:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back