Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Bubble Hash

I use the screen that came with my bubble bags
Fold in half in a teatowel
Push down to squeeze out water

Then on same screen I use an old plastic card to kind of cut it up fine like doing cocaine lines

Keep going over till nice and fine

Spread thin and leave to dry in dark like @arb said

Then store in silicone containers like dabs

Keen to see your setup when done @LesPlenty

IMG_20190423_154244.jpg

IMG_20190423_155132.jpg

I watched the Frenchie video 2 or 3 times and took a few notes as I went, I used the same cold water for 2 or 3 washes instead of fresh each time.
I had the same micron bags except where Frenchie used a 45, I only had a 73 so had to use that instead.
I ended up replacing the convoluted hose on the washing machine with clear PVC hose that I heated up to slip directly onto the washing machine outlet pipe with no elbows or taps like Frenchie suggested as I believe they would only trap more hash(and cost more money)

My first batch was cryovaced resh frozen trim from crops up to 18 months old. I did the first run of 30 seconds and got nothing, 2nd run was 1 minute and only got a little in the 73 and 25-micron bag...hmm. The same went for adding 2 minutes at a time until I hit 15 minutes. By this stage, I was collecting quite a bit more but it was fairly green.

The next batch of the trim was fresh frozen about 12 months ago but was just loose in plastic bags, no cryovac , this stuff started to give up its goodies on the first 30 second run and subsequent time runs produced more than the first batch, I will put this down to the cryovacced stuff being stuck together more with less surface area than the loose leaf material.

I collected my gear into silicon pucks and have then stored with the lids opened in a drawer to dry them.:thumbsup:
I will give them a coke type chop up each day to help the process.:smoke:
IMG_20190421_211931.jpg
IMG_20190421_211956.jpg

I actually had a heap more of the 25-micron stuff, but I gave that to a friend that was helping/watching me play in the water.

I would like to add that getting bubble bags where the wall is also the micron mesh with just a couple inches of colored material at the top look like they would work better than the bags I use that only have the mesh in the bottom of the bag, they would sieve a lot quicker than mine.

I will add it was a bit of fun to do, a few grogs and vapes with some tunes in the background made for a fun afternoon, especially the part where I took the plug out of the hose the first time to drain the washing machine and I accidentally doused my wife with freezing bubble hash water for an impromptu wet T-shirt competition.:smilie-devil:

View attachment 8843
View attachment 8844
I watched the Frenchie video 2 or 3 times and took a few notes as I went, I used the same cold water for 2 or 3 washes instead of fresh each time.
I had the same micron bags except where Frenchie used a 45, I only had a 73 so had to use that instead.
I ended up replacing the convoluted hose on the washing machine with clear PVC hose that I heated up to slip directly onto the washing machine outlet pipe with no elbows or taps like Frenchie suggested as I believe they would only trap more hash(and cost more money)

My first batch was cryovaced resh frozen trim from crops up to 18 months old. I did the first run of 30 seconds and got nothing, 2nd run was 1 minute and only got a little in the 73 and 25-micron bag...hmm. The same went for adding 2 minutes at a time until I hit 15 minutes. By this stage, I was collecting quite a bit more but it was fairly green.

The next batch of the trim was fresh frozen about 12 months ago but was just loose in plastic bags, no cryovac , this stuff started to give up its goodies on the first 30 second run and subsequent time runs produced more than the first batch, I will put this down to the cryovacced stuff being stuck together more with less surface area than the loose leaf material.

I collected my gear into silicon pucks and have then stored with the lids opened in a drawer to dry them.:thumbsup:
View attachment 8845 View attachment 8846
I actually had a heap more of the 25-micron stuff, but I gave that to a friend that was helping/watching me play in the water.

I would like to add that getting bubble bags where the wall is also the micron mesh with just a couple inches of colored material at the top look like they would work better than the bags I use that only have the mesh in the bottom of the bag, they would sieve a lot quicker than mine.

I will add it was a bit of fun to do, a few grogs and vapes with some tunes in the background made for a fun afternoon, especially the part where I took the plug out of the hose the first time to drain the washing machine and I accidentally doused my wife with freezing bubble hash water for an impromptu wet T-shirt competition.:smilie-devil:
Nice pics and setup
I would say to add a 90 micron bag in there too
Otherwise it looks good :)
I keep my 90, 75, and 25 stuff
The 160 just gets squished into rosin or chucked in a mix

How much material used/return did you get?

I have the same style bags as you, but agree the mesh walled ones would make draining a lot quicker/easier

I don't have a washing machine ATM but use a paint stirrer and cordless drill in the working bag

I thought the 160 was the best stuff(ripest) and the 25 hardly worth bothering with, I gave my friend a full silicon puck of it and told him it was at the lower end of useful?
I do not know the weight of input or output. All I know is it used to end up in the bin.:thumbsup:

I thought the 160 was the best stuff(ripest) and the 25 hardly worth bothering with, I gave my friend a full silicon puck of it and told him it was at the lower end of useful?
I do not know the weight of input or output. All I know is it used to end up in the bin.:thumbsup:
No guesstimate of how much you used?

160 is almost throw away mate

90, 75 and 25 are the goods

90/75 people debate which is full melt

25 strong but really tasty as has most of the terpines

No guesstimate of how much you used?
The first run was 300g of fresh frozen cryovac, the 2nd lot I did was the loose leaf stuff, no idea on weight, I just put in a layer of ice first(2") then a layer of the same size of trimmings then another 3" ice layer topped up with almost freezing water, weight wise of material was less in the second run though from memory, so 400 to 500g all up. I will send my mate a text and let him know to take it easy on that 25 micron puck full I gave him, I told him it was pretty crappy stuff and not to spare it when it dried for him.:dog:

Edit; So should I just dab the 73 micron stuff, 700 on Ti?

The first run was 300g of fresh frozen cryovac, the 2nd lot I did was the loose leaf stuff, no idea on weight, I just put in a layer of ice first(2") then a layer of the same size of trimmings then another 3" ice layer topped up with almost freezing water, weight wise of material was less in the second run though from memory, so 400 to 500g all up. I will send my mate a text and let him know to take it easy on that 25 micron puck full I gave him, I told him it was pretty crappy stuff and not to spare it when it dried for him.:dog:

Edit; So should I just dab the 73 micron stuff, 700 on Ti?
I would just dab on about 710 yup
Or rosin dip it for an extra bang for your buck :D
You can dab 90, 73, 25
Just some will leave a bit more to be cleaned

You can try now, no need to wait till it's fully dry to hit it
Main thing about drying is mould prevention
And it will dab cleaner once dry
But can have at it straight away mate, Esp if you pressed it and coke carded it already

Yer you gave your mate a pricey gift :)
They will be very happy
But yes they will get hammered if hit it like chaff hahaa

Last edited:
View attachment 8843
View attachment 8844

View attachment 8845 View attachment 8846

I love what you've done with buckets and bags.

I've made Bubble hash. It's dried and curing, or at least I think it's dried and curing. It vapes great in my Solo, as @arb suggested. Still, I've been pretty insecure about it, and I've realized I've never seen it outside of videos. I'm not exactly certain how it's supposed to be. That makes me feel much better. It's not like I can remake it anyway, but now I can contentedly vape what I think is Bubble hash. I know you can't go just by looks, anyway. I've baked plenty of cakes that look nothing like what's at the bakery. Still cake. That's not related in anyway. Just thought I mention I bake, in case it makes me look multitalented. I should have picked something I'm good at.
The point is, the hash vapes fine and the cake is yummy. Never mind my skillz. They'll get better, and in the meantime, hash and cake.

I've made Bubble hash. It's dried and curing, or at least I think it's dried and curing. It vapes great in my Solo, as @arb suggested. Still, I've been pretty insecure about it, and I've realized I've never seen it outside of videos. I'm not exactly certain how it's supposed to be. That makes me feel much better. It's not like I can remake it anyway, but now I can contentedly vape what I think is Bubble hash. I know you can't go just by looks, anyway. I've baked plenty of cakes that look nothing like what's at the bakery. Still cake. That's not related in anyway. Just thought I mention I bake, in case it makes me look multitalented. I should have picked something I'm good at.
The point is, the hash vapes fine and the cake is yummy. Never mind my skillz. They'll get better, and in the meantime, hash and cake.
My bubble hash dabs and vapes great

Currently I had been squeeze dry and card cutting into fine powder then drying

Pressing like in the video suggests it can become better

I had thought about the lack of decarboxylisation with ice water myself compared to rosin or budder or oil even gets it during the purge

EDIT
I posted a video in another thread....lol

Decarb is only for oral consumption as the heat wrecks the flavor profile?
Not in rosin, great flavour there if not overheated during squishing

And watching the video on the rosin bomb thread I shared frenchie says pressing (not squishing) and rolling the hash enhances quality and flavour
I have seen other make temple balls and know the old afgahn hash was always pressed
I just didn't know if it was needed with ice water hash and thought like you about decarb happens upon our vape heater

Decarbing makes the hash better too though apparently more is converted if done prior to the vaping/smoking heat is applied

No heat does not improve hash.
I believe the Frenchie video and the idea that curing your hash like that would improve it just as weed cured and aged is said to be better
Did you watch the video I posted?
It's not heat like a press machine or rosin squisher

It has been done this way for ever
I'm sure there are good reasons for such

I have not bothered to do this to my iceibubble hash before

But used to do so with pollen hash as it turned the powder into, well, what we all know as hash back in the day

So I was sharing a video that says otherwise re the heat and pressing and thought it might be of interest to ppl to discuss as opposed to shut down

All good if others disagree with the video, it isn't my video
But conversation around the topic is surely not a bad thing :thumbsup:

This is the video, the one you liked on my post in other thread

I also have not bothered to squish my bubble hash into rosin as it is tasty on its own
But knowing how good and better it is squishing kief into rosin I do think that bubble hash would make some supreme hitting and tasting rosin
Most likely improving the experience

Ever remember getting black hash and having to "pre burn" it before running it through your session?

This was decarbing it so you got a better hit than if you just put it through a mix as is
We didn't know it was decarbing back then
Just that you got more stoned if you put the hash on a pin and set it alight and blew out before putting in your mix bowl than if you didn't heat it

So there has to be some truth to the decarb and pre consumption decarb/heat idea

Last edited:
Just my opinion on a subject I have been doing for decades is all brother.
Adding heat to cannabis breaks it down science says that simple as pie.
Heat and pressure were traditionally more about storage\transport and shelf life.
I like posts because I appreciate the sharing not because I agree with the content.

Yup
Also been consuming for 3 decades this year

Learn new shit every day with new tech and science slowly catching up to age old methods and explaining what when where why we do/did things

I do know that we definitely got more stoned by burning our hash prior to smoking it...
This is going back many years

Science also says that heat transforms the thca into THC and releases other substances due to the chemical reaction
Simple as drinking water

I've had some shit pies out there and thus conclude pie can be easily ruined.... ;p

Ice hash is a new thing to me
As is vaping
As is rosin

Heat and pressure is about curing the hash as much as storage
Same discussion with curing weed is happening on that thread

Decarbing and releasing the potential is a real thing too

I guess the discussion is about when to do this and when is most beneficial

Vaping hash may give a better decarb as it is a slower heating than smoking

Smoking you had to decarb or preburn before to get higher

On the nail I notice the rosin gets me higher
But it is pure resin too so only thought would be in the quicker consumption on a nail, more like smoking, maybe a decarb would help

Thoughts and new information being put together with past experience gives us new insights and sometimes (not always) better results

Last edited:
I put a fine screen inside a Mighty cap and filled it with the 160micron bubble and hit it on the bong at max temp, not as bad as I thought it was supposed to be, but not great. I think all my bubble has way too much plant matter in it. Those cryovac frozen bricks were the problem. :smoke:

I think Frenchy knows his bubble hash as the 25 micron stuff was not nice at all.:wave:

I put a fine screen inside a Mighty cap and filled it with the 160micron bubble and hit it on the bong at max temp, not as bad as I thought it was supposed to be, but not great. I think all my bubble has way too much plant matter in it. Those cryovac frozen bricks were the problem. :smoke:

I think Frenchy knows his bubble hash as the 25 micron stuff was not nice at all.:wave:

Not sure why your 25 was not nice

It has most of the terpines
It should taste great just not as strong

Even Frenchie says it has the terpines it just is not as strong
Esp as he is catching most in a 45 I would think

90 and 73 will be your best hitter and I also am interested in the 45 after watching the video
If you did not have bags in between your 160 and 25 your 25 should have good stuff too

160 is vapable
Just not as good as the 90 and under

I vape some but generally squish the 160

The plant matter is real though

I use tube ice from servo seems to be okay

Though I get a bit of plant as I was using a paint stirrer on a drill

Hoping to get better results with the camp washer and a more gentle wash

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back