Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very true.. I agree!
Yes, Mail order (internet ordering) is the future of shopping, and is responsible for a large part in the decline of small businesses.
I have not shopped for ANYTHING in over 5 years from any small business. I do it all online.
I stopped going to my corner drug store even longer ago... like 10 years ago.
They closed 1 year prior to Covid due to mail order (again internet order) prescriptions and reduction of "walk-ins".
I do not even enter a supermarket any longer. I do that online also.
I stopped shopping locally for clothing and hardware about 10 years ago also, and found shopping for hardware and clothing online more comfortable.
There were 29 Ace Hardware Stores in town 10 years ago
As of 2019 (pre-covid), there were only 22.
Since Covid, during those two years the number of local Ace stores dropped to 19.
I liked supporting local business, and when things are operating more smoothly I will again use local restaurants and bars.
I will no longer support the local businesses that I see declining, for I also enjoy shopping and purchasing online more than I do going into brick/mortar structures.
The businesses that have doubled output since Covid began are the drive-through places, like McDonalds.
The McDonalds closest to my house is the workplace of a girl I "date".
She's been there for 4 years, and said that they added a dozen extra employees due to rise in business since Covid began.

Gosh... I sure am sorry if it offends you that I live in fear. I am, as I said before, 70 with more than one terminal illness, half a colon, one lung, one Kidney (I donated other before I became disabled) and other issues that keep me hopping.
I have had a few patients die of Covid related complications, and 3 die of Covid directly.
I have had 2 family members contract Covid and die, as well as two close friends.
You have apparently been more fortunate with the population that you deal with since it seems that you've lost nobody.
Or maybe those in your life are healthier.
Sadly I must see a Doctor weekly and have blood work monthly.
I do envy your position of better health than is my case, but having health as solid as yours was just not in the cards for me.
I have followed every Covid recommendation literally, and to the letter.
The fear that I live in is not about personal mortality.
I fear because I am not finished with my work here with the low-income terminally ill population, and nobody I find here that is capable, is willing
to devote the time, resources, cash when needed or energy that I have been willing to put out.
Pretentious,self aggrandizing,emotionally manipulative and weak as a argument.
Gonna have to do better than that to convince us unwashed heathens.
:homer:

Pretentious,self aggrandizing,emotionally manipulative and weak
Again.. I apologize if I have offended with my "Pretentious, self aggrandizing, emotionally manipulative and weak" personality.
I guess I will have to seek approval from someone other than you... it's not going to be easy, but I'll try!
Gonna have to do better than that to convince us unwashed heathens.
Honestly, you're among the last of individuals that I would want to convince of anything at all.
If you read back to the ending of about half of my posts in this thread, you'll find a disclaimer stating that I am posting "my thoughts, and not inviting discussion of any type", and it matters little who reads them.

Again.. I apologize if I have offended with my "Pretentious, self aggrandizing, emotionally manipulative and weak" personality.
I guess I will have to seek approval from someone other than you... it's not going to be easy, but I'll try!
Your argument is Vito........not you.
See your picking what you want there and ignoring the actual statement I said,
"Pretentious,self aggrandizing,emotionally manipulative and weak as a argument."
Never said a damn thing about yourself.

"Pretentious,self aggrandizing,emotionally manipulative and weak as a argument."
Never said a damn thing about yourself.
And I didn't take it as about "me".
You said "as an argument", and that is how I read it and accepted it.
My wording was very intentional.
My philosophy is well ingrained into my personality.
My exact wording (which you seem to miss a fair part of the time, or perhaps you "skim" and do not read the entirety of what is posted) was:
Please read this.
I did not personalize it.
I apologized if I offended with my "Pretentious, self aggrandizing, emotionally manipulative and weak" personality. That is my philosophy, way of thinking, acting and expressing myself.
**Please note I do not apologize for my beliefs.. I only apologized if my philosophies, and personality caused you personal offense.
Pretentious,self aggrandizing,emotionally manipulative
Also.... these are personality traits, and the definition of each is strictly personal, and can not be applied to "an argument". An argument can not be manipulative, pretentious or anything else containing uniquely "personal" adverbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: arb
And I didn't take it as about "me".
You said "as an argument", and that is how I read it and accepted it.
My wording was very intentional.
My philosophy is well ingrained into my personality.
My exact wording (which you seem to miss a fair part of the time, or perhaps you "skim" and do not read the entirety of what is posted) was:

Please read this.
I did not personalize it.
I apologized if I offended with my "Pretentious, self aggrandizing, emotionally manipulative and weak" personality. That is my philosophy, way of thinking, acting and expressing myself.
**Please note I do not ap
Do you think a difference of opinion causes people offense because you get offended if someone disagrees with you?

So @arb can laff at any and all posts w/o any question at all ever, and yet it's "let's call out the new guy" over a smiley...? If you can't handle people emoting over your posts (and choose not to address in PM), don't post.
What? Lol you must be new here too?
There’s no calling out, it’s a simple question on an open forum. Whatever you wanna do is on you.

Do you think a difference of opinion causes people offense because you get offended if someone disagrees with you?
No I do not seek agreement.
I surely never take offense when someone disagrees... in fact here on VA I have grown to expect to read disagreement with everything, especially
philosophies that lend themselves to cooperation with governmental intent, and health care.

.....and as I pointed out (again.... more than once)...
Anything that I post is my opinion, and is not ever intended as an invitation for debate.
I am saying 2 things:
  1. What I post is my opinion.
  2. My opinion is not ever intended as an invitation for debate.
I feel that a few of the Forum users simply enjoy making a display of how rebellious they are, and how suspicious they are of the government... and how resentful they are at being "told" to do anything by a person or entity in a position of authority.
This helps them "identify", and show their status as independent thinkers.
It allows them to feel a tiny bit better about themselves, to believe that others might view them in this light.
Forum Members....circling with beads of sweat running down their foreheads... twitchy fingers poised above six-shooters...
No more/no less than posturing. Like the circling of the 13 year old soon-to-be gangbangers... slipping nervous fingers into the waistband of sweatpants worn way too low...
...in hopes that his rival might fear what could be hidden below the elastic band of the other kids red Nike sweatpants.
This is my opinion. I do not expect displays of dissatisfaction over this. My opinion is in no way an invitation/encouragement to extend the discussion, scratch at a scab until it becomes infected, chew at the cud until it is liquified & no longer chewable, whine, or to analyze it further. It is a fucking opinion and that is all.
  1. Perseveration (continuation of a behavior after it no longer is appropriate)
  2. Rumination (dwelling on a line of thought). Rumination is often referred to as a "silent" mental health problem because its impact on a healthy thought process is often underestimated.

Last edited:
I thought it was funny as my wife has been getting a new flu shot every year for 20 odd years being a teacher to ease the severity of said flu each season :twocents:
fair enough. I’ve never had a flu shot, Thankfully I’ve only had the flu twice in the past 15 years.
The idea of taking a rushed vaccine every six months for a virus we don’t know much about is concerning.

my wife has been getting a new flu shot every year for 20
#metoo
They've been making me get a Flu shot every year for the past 20 years too, due to being considered "at risk".
I guess it works. I have not gotten a Flu.

And you do realize the CDC says the vaccine may be good for up to six months or so. What a new vaccine that you have to pump yourself with every six months?
People that get these vaccines think they’re somehow immune to the virus which is complete and utter Fuckery.
I don’t think they know how long for sure the vaccine will last. At the least 6 months, it could be a year. As long as a flu vaccine lasts. I feel a sense of relief that I’ve had both vaccines. Its an individual choice. Don’t get the vaccine, nobody is making you get one.
I guess we will have a booster after some time. The covid virus mutates so a booster will be needed anyway.

I have to say thank goodness that we have a vaccine. I thank the brave people that volunteered in the vaccine trials.

Ive said this before. If you are in a hot zone like Michigan you should be wearing a mask. Your rights to get sick shouldn’t infringe on mine to get sick and die. No, not everyone can stay home.

Last edited:
What? Lol you must be new here too?
There’s no calling out, it’s a simple question on an open forum. Whatever you wanna do is on you.
Huh? Lol, yeah I am kinda new to the site. I joined late Dec....
Posting in this "thread"...? Only a couple of weeks...
New to foruming/posting in general..? Nope. Been an active poster since Usenet in the 90's...

But why, is this a regular thing here, crying over someone's smiley choice and begging for clarification?

Sigh...... yet another topic that people cannot discuss civilly. :disgust:

Most of us live in a 'free world.' Thank god. And this means the ability to choose and make decisions for one's self. This vaccine is not mandatory. There are people who feel it is critical to get the vaccine. I respect that. And... there are people who do not want to get this vaccine. I respect that as well. Each group has reasons they feel are valid. And since there is no proof to the contrary.... I respect that as well.

However.... this thread is turning into 'us vs them.' And is becoming quite divisive. It's why I don't allow politics. And COVID has become, yet another, subject people don't seem able to discuss instead of argue about. What a shame. And what a reflection on what an intolerant society we've become.

I won't have it here. Everyone participating in this thread knows I have one major rule on this forum; Be Nice. So if this vein of combative 'discussion' continues, along with the personal sniping, I will shut this thread down. I allowed it in the first place because I had hoped this would be a thread where we could support one another in a very trying time; rather than tear each other down.

This is the last time I am posting a warning in this thread. And if I have to revisit.... the thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back