Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Curing

When I hear about your grow I’m jealous!
I know what you mean ataxian. I feel a little jealous seeing all these beautiful grow pics as well. But also love looking at them lol. We'll see... maybe one of these days I'll finally cave.

So is the common consensus that 62% Boveda packs are the best for curing and storing? How often do you replace them?

So is the common consensus that 62% Boveda packs are the best for curing and storing? How often do you replace them?

I've read that once cannabis is dried beyond a certain RH, and I think it's 50%, might actually be a little higher, the chlorophyll ends up getting locked into the flower and doesn't degrade as it cures, it pretty much kills the curing process from that point on. I've taken buds down from drying that hit 55% RH in the jars, then I'll put in a 62% boveda/boost, mostly because that's my preferred RH for pressing flower rosin. Replacement rate depends on how much the jar is opened, mine are opened maybe once a week and I'm on the 6 month mark with these 60 gram boosts in 1/2 gallon masons, still showing that it's working :thumbsup: The bovedas last quite a while too, the big ones at least, the smaller ones that are in quart jars I've had last 3-4 months, then I just recharge them with distilled water.

All that being said, I think so long as you have anywhere between 55-65% RH, you are in the cure zone.

I grew in the 70’s in HAWAII as a beach bum surfer troll & pot was free.
COLAS (monkey-tail’s) were the standard?
We were dumb as rock’s but pulled da male’s because we loved the girl without seed!
Making fun of mainland people getting bag’s of weed full of seed’s?

I grew inside with lights in a box.
Outside gave me a bigger yield?
I love growing to obtain colas.
$100/28 gram’s is a lot to me?
When I hear about your grow I’m jealous!

I hope you'll get your chance to start your garden soon brother! When I was paying $100 for an ounce it was seeded leafy brick weed until legalization. Now it's $100 for organic greenhouse flower! No seed bud at it's highest was $480/oz. Never again!

Last edited:
I've read that once cannabis is dried beyond a certain RH, and I think it's 50%, might actually be a little higher, the chlorophyll ends up getting locked into the flower and doesn't degrade as it cures, it pretty much kills the curing process from that point on. I've taken buds down from drying that hit 55% RH in the jars, then I'll put in a 62% boveda/boost, mostly because that's my preferred RH for pressing flower rosin. Replacement rate depends on how much the jar is opened, mine are opened maybe once a week and I'm on the 6 month mark with these 60 gram boosts in 1/2 gallon masons, still showing that it's working :thumbsup: The bovedas last quite a while too, the big ones at least, the smaller ones that are in quart jars I've had last 3-4 months, then I just recharge them with distilled water.

All that being said, I think so long as you have anywhere between 55-65% RH, you are in the cure zone.

I hope you'll get your chance to start your garden soon brother! When I was paying $100 for an ounce it was seeded leafy brick weed until legalization. Now it's $100 for organic greenhouse flower! No seed bud at it's highest was $480/oz. Never again!

How do you recharge them with water?

How do you recharge them with water?

I take a plastic bowl with lid, fill it with maybe 1/2" of distilled water, then I take a smaller bowl with boveda packs and place it in the larger bowl, and put a lid on for about a week. They'll go from dried out to almost back to 100%.

I take a plastic bowl with lid, fill it with maybe 1/2" of distilled water, then I take a smaller bowl with boveda packs and place it in the larger bowl, and put a lid on for about a week. They'll go from dried out to almost back to 100%.
Tonite GDP rosin because that is da kine I have?

I want to grow like you!
OK I might be jaded?
2 pounds around your neck was a tough way to be back when pot was underground?
ALL IN THE FAMILY I must sound like?
ARCHIE was my reference?

Have you heard of: “let them eat cake”!
Before pvc we had rain?
I rode my bike on her property across da pond!

Last edited:
I wanna grow like you did in Hawaii! Maui wowie? Yes please!
My surf buddies from MAUI ( North part of ISLAND) loved to grow it!
On OAHU we took AFGANNI and crossed it with MAUI WOWIE with no seed’s!

We grew on 5 acres however only 1 acre we actually grew on? (The California Grass we kept tall) super cropping was practical to keep hidden from da helicopters!

Too support a live style away from the rat race!
Da cola’s were very powerful?
I miss this time on our planet!

Outside is how I learned?
Inside if you have too?

It's weed. Why make curing so complex? Pick it, dry it, store it, vape it. Most of the medical grade these days doesn't get a decent cure because it's not commercially viable. Ed Rosenthal reckons 2-4 weeks to dry and cure and I reckon he's spot on. You can't increase the thc content through curing.

I will just say;

There is weed and then there is weed, a bit like cheap cask wine vs a decent bottle, treat it accordingly:thumbsup:

Most of the medical grade these days doesn't get a decent cure because it's not commercially viable.

Could you explain this further? Is this your opinion? Or do you have actual data?

Speaking for myself I spend too much time, effort and treasure to take half measures for what is to my patients and I, medicine.

My patients get the best medicine I know how to make. No shortcuts, from this caregiver.

I believe that entorage effect of full spectrum changes in cured medicine. I think Ed's 4 week mark is right on, I dont know about less. I have dried for 10-11 days in pretty ideal lower temps / moderate humidity and then jarred and after 2 weeks the bud was still too harsh 4-6 weeks in jars seemed to be a lot better and that's just the beginning of being enjoyable IMO. My 6mo cured is a lot better than 6wks. It's all subjective.

I believe that entorage effect of full spectrum changes in cured medicine. I think Ed's 4 week mark is right on, I dont know about less. I have dried for 10-11 days in pretty ideal lower temps / moderate humidity and then jarred and after 2 weeks the bud was still too harsh 4-6 weeks in jars seemed to be a lot better and that's just the beginning of being enjoyable IMO. My 6mo cured is a lot better than 6wks. It's all subjective.

Yesterday I pressed some tangerine cookies that was 8 months old. The rosin came out dark, as expected from older buds. But it's absolutely wonderful. Very smooth, lots of orange tasting terps. Much better than some of the same plant pressed at one month. Of course it was properly dried, cured and stored in glass with boveda packs.

That sounds delightful but for most commercial operations storing bud for an 8 month cure is not sustainable. For a boutique operation perhaps but not for large scale commercial.
So are you a part a of a commercial operation or something?
Just trying to understand your point of view .

I think we all agree here that a proper cure makes for better medicine, period.

If it’s my own harvest I Vape that right after it dries for a week, I don’t really care. However, the taste and smell are much better after a month cure.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back