Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Curing

@ClearBlueLou , I was going to protest, but I am patient, generally. In this instance, I also have quite a bit, so it's not like I'm "waiting". What I find interesting is how different vapes express different parts of each type. I was lamenting the other day that Forbidden Fruit smelled devine, like sparkly fruity candy, but it didn't taste like it. I've had it in my Super Surfer, my Arizer EQ, Solo and Air. I tried it in my VapCap M and Ding! Ding! Ding! Tasted like Fruity Pebbles. Just like it smelled. That made me happy, because I'm growing it again this year.
Anyway, curing. Good idea. I'm for it. What else would you do? It's just sitting there.

It's an online forum Ataxian thoughts are what we post.

This is a great topic because a proper cure is a big part of ensuring a high quality finished product. The commercial element is an important sub topic IMO.

30 years ago we had never heard of cured bud. But we use to purchase bags of buried weed and it was very sort after. Growers would store excess bud buried in the ground (in mostly air tight containers) and this would lead to an excellent cured final product . Well in most cases anyway. Somethings it would end up a mouldy mess. They were helcion days.
I can be a ASS at times!
1977 we took one of da home’s room’s and hung our harvest from the ceiling.
When is was cured we rolled it and smoke it to test it!
I miss when life was free and easy! (Stole this line: CROSBY STEELS NASH YOUNG - WOODEN SHIPS )
These are my thoughts?

Last edited:
I can be a ASS at times!
1977 we took one of da home’s room’s and hung our harvest from the ceiling.
When is was cured we rolled it and smoke it to test it!
I miss when life was free and easy! (Stole this line: CROSBY STEELS NASH YOUNG - WOODEN SHIPS )
These are my thoughts?
@ataxian, we all miss being young. I'm willing to bet if you went back in time, you'd miss your French wife, your pink Solo, your lovely pool, and your brilliant daughter, at the very least. I know I'd miss you.

@ataxian, we all miss being young. I'm willing to bet if you went back in time, you'd miss your French wife, your pink Solo, your lovely pool, and your brilliant daughter, at the very least. I know I'd miss you.
U R so nice!
I am very odd in my thinking!
I need to research by thoughts?
CANNABIS was created by a CIVILIZATION much advanced than we are?

Before the ICE AGE = 12,800 year’s ago +/-?
CANNABIS the word comes from France !
Growing is easy really and curing is basic.
We have made it more difficult than we need it 2 B?

Being young I do miss!
JONI MITCHELL’S : BIG YELLOW TAXI wrote and played the song of my youth!

No sidewalks at the beach?
No parking meter’s!
I surfed up and down the coast from CHILE 2 CENTRAL CALIFORNIA.
After my time in HAWAII I miss this life style?
At 60 I’m freaking out that time is not on my side!
The past does not = da future?

Last edited:
It might be super human if I put it on the shelf and said, "I shall not touch you little bud, until you are seven months cured" and went on a nice T-break and waited. I've been vaping this crop for maybe 6 months, that is as soon as it was cured enough to vape. It's just that there's crap ton pounds of the stuff, and I do my best, but I can't do it all alone but so fast.

Whippersnappers, I have had longer pisses.:myday: If you vape and grow you will eventually cure some pot, you just can't get through it as quick as you grow, this is how I first got into curing.:thumbsup:
When I used to combust I could never have enough to cure, as soon as it dried it got consumed...I love vaping, I am now 3 crops ahead of myself.:cheers:

Whippersnappers, I have had longer pisses.:myday: If you vape and grow you will eventually cure some pot, you just can't get through it as quick as you grow, this is how I first got into curing.:thumbsup:
When I used to combust I could never have enough to cure, as soon as it dried it got consumed...I love vaping, I am now 3 crops ahead of myself.:cheers:
Exactly. The stuff in the jars keeps curing.

Am I just high, or is my cannabis changing flavor as it cures? Some of the strains seem deeper. Chem Dawg and GG#4 are more pungent, Tut is more peppery and spicy. Flavors seem more mellow and blended. It's changed, or I've changed.

Last edited:
Am I just high, or is my cannabis changing flavor as it cures? Some of the strains seem deeper. Chem Dawg is and GG#4 are more pungent, Tut is more peppery and spicy. Flavors seem more mellow and blended. It's changed, or I've changed.

Your right.

As buds age choraphyil dissipates, and it's responsible for a lot of the harsh green tastes fresh buds have. And the terpenes go through a change as well.

After a harvest for a time I have fresh buds curing in jars and buds from the same variety in jars but already cured. The cured buds always smell much better. They have a depth of aroma and taste that takes time to develope.

Dear @Madri-Gal you’re high and your herb is changing as it cures. And you’ve changed* too! Lol! Just like a fine wine apparently. Just getting street stuff, I’ve never had the quantities to really experience the pleasures of a months long cure. But here in England, I usually *get* to finish the initial cure of whatever I get because god knows they sure don’t care enough to do it properly. I’ve learned to keep a reserve so I’m not depending on the latest haul for a few weeks because it definitely helps improve the taste & effects ime.

That’s all about to change for me though as I’m just now on my first harvest/cure and determined to get this final step done correctly. Funny how I’ve never done this and had some challenges and made mistakes for sure but my flowers look/smell to be much better than what I’ve been getting and paying way too much for. I’m excited to get more experience and get even better results, thanks to VA!

* You’re a sweet/kind/delightful person and you’ve been absolutely blossoming these last several months, you’re just amazing!

Dear @Madri-Gal you’re high and your herb is changing as it cures. And you’ve changed* too! Lol! Just like a fine wine apparently. Just getting street stuff, I’ve never had the quantities to really experience the pleasures of a months long cure. But here in England, I usually *get* to finish the initial cure of whatever I get because god knows they sure don’t care enough to do it properly. I’ve learned to keep a reserve so I’m not depending on the latest haul for a few weeks because it definitely helps improve the taste & effects ime.

That’s all about to change for me though as I’m just now on my first harvest/cure and determined to get this final step done correctly. Funny how I’ve never done this and had some challenges and made mistakes for sure but my flowers look/smell to be much better than what I’ve been getting and paying way too much for. I’m excited to get more experience and get even better results, thanks to VA!

* You’re a sweet/kind/delightful person and you’ve been absolutely blossoming these last several months, you’re just amazing!
I expected the change from just dried to "cured", but didn't expect the changes from 6 months on for some reason. I thought, if anything, that it would just get dry and bland as terpines degrade, etc. I'm pleased that I can stop thinking " Wait. Why is this spicy? It didn't used to be spicy. Not this spicy...I need tacos..."
@pxl_jockey , you made me blush. Thank you for your kind words.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back