Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape D nail Halo and Nimbus

I've been running my dhgate nail and SiC halo at 580F, it's been so long since I checked the dish temps, the delta was like 115 off, so the dish temps were around 465. With the ruby pearls I am using from 710gems, I am able to drop the temps another 20F and get similar performance.

I've been known to take some hotter dabs when the time calls for it, but usually my doses are 2-3 hits, I try and keep the dabs smaller but the pain I deal with often has me with less patience and desire to sit at the table and have an extended session.

Since I dont keep my coil on at all times, I also found I like to take uptemp dabs on the halo. When it hits about 500F on the controller I'll drop my dab and get some of the tastiest hits and then it gets up to the higher temps and finishes. Usually the dab is gone before it reaches the set temp lol

Terp pearl x1 + Dnail universal carb cap is absolutely beautiful way to dab! It's my daily driver. About 2-3 times a year I'll break out my cracked sapphire halo and can drop the temps 20F compared to the SiC for a similar experience, slightly more flavor.
I also like to start hitting it at around 550 and hitting while it gets up to temp
Get the flavour and the hit is often done as it gets to temp :)

I started at 666f (sounded like a good number) but have already dropped back to 600f, it gives me more time to add the cap, wait for a second and then drive the terp ball(s) through the now bubbling smear for a nice thick tasty cloud.
I also think I can notice a difference between the boro and the SiC Comets?
I think when my balls turn up (that's what she said) I will probably turn mine down to about 600 also as most people turn the temps down with the balls in play (she also said that)
I did this with the QB and balls

When I did 710 it was also as it sounded good....lol but at the higher temp without combustion

Now that you guys have halos it's time to experiment. Maybe start at 490F or even 480 on a sappy rosin, and work your way up. (for science) I think most people find a sweet spot and stay there, but you might be surprised if you move the temps around a bit. For me low temp dabbing is why I went with an enail over a torch. I just couldnt take those hot ass hits like I could a hundred years ago, lol. And I couldn't be happier than using my dnail sic halo. For me it's the cats ass.

Now that you guys have halos it's time to experiment. Maybe start at 490F or even 480 on a sappy rosin, and work your way up. (for science) I think most people find a sweet spot and stay there, but you might be surprised if you move the temps around a bit. For me low temp dabbing is why I went with an enail over a torch. I just couldnt take those hot ass hits like I could a hundred years ago, lol. And I couldn't be happier than using my dnail sic halo. For me it's the cats ass.
I like my halo sic too
I use it 95% of the time
When I first got it I tried lower temps but just found it took so long to finish a dab
As I said I ended up going super hot and have come down to 650 - prob 600 with balls
I tried 550 other day and it's nice at the start but then thins out and feels so hard to finish as it keeps going
I don't want to drag my dab out like a session vape
Otherwise lower can be nice

I look forward to experimenting with the balls

I have ruby and sic in the mail

The pearls really help to speed up vaporization. Prior to using them I would have to twist the carb carp all around to swish the oil and get it to vaporize fast. Now I only do it minimally, maybe a half turn every hit. That's a huge thing for me, I really need to medicate in under 3 hits whereas with flower its more like 10. The higher temp hits have a different effect as well, more intense I'd say, same with the ultra low temps where it's maybe 10F over the effective temperature to vaporize the compounds, those ultra low temps really need tiny dabs though or else it sort of defeats the purpose for me. Less hits = easier on the lungs.

The pearls really help to speed up vaporization. Prior to using them I would have to twist the carb carp all around to swish the oil and get it to vaporize fast. Now I only do it minimally, maybe a half turn every hit. That's a huge thing for me, I really need to medicate in under 3 hits whereas with flower its more like 10. The higher temp hits have a different effect as well, more intense I'd say, same with the ultra low temps where it's maybe 10F over the effective temperature to vaporize the compounds, those ultra low temps really need tiny dabs though or else it sort of defeats the purpose for me. Less hits = easier on the lungs.
Yes I agree
That's why I used to go hot
One quick hit was better even if hot than multiple low temp hits

Too low and it's too many draws

Goldie locks in the middle is good for me

So are you guys all vaping rosin in your rigs? Any other concentrates?

I'm mostly rosin but occasionally get some shatter to try.

I can get wax locally, but it's not great.

I don't have dispensary access anywhere close to get anything exotic.

Some of the shatter was so so, taste wise, but one recent batch was excellent.

So are you guys all vaping rosin in your rigs? Any other concentrates?

I'm mostly rosin but occasionally get some shatter to try.

I can get wax locally, but it's not great.

I don't have dispensary access anywhere close to get anything exotic.

Some of the shatter was so so, taste wise, but one recent batch was excellent.

Just Rosin here, it's the cheapest cleanest stuff I can get. After finding out my old caregiver was blasting suspect flower because they couldn't sell it, I can't even got to any dispensary feeling betrayed.

Their BHO budders were amazing though, I sampled at least 75 different strains. I think my rosins better though! bonghit

My forked tongue dabber handle showed up today along with a 1xQuartz & 1xSiC Comet a sticker and what looks like a couple of hat pins, one depicting a child with a bong?
There were also 4x rubber looking things that I have no idea what they are?
IMG_20190726_132814.jpg

I also tried the DNail on 480f and it did take 3 hits to clear and was still smoldering and just did not seem hot enough (with SiC Comet);
IMG_20190726_131732.jpg

I then tried at 500f (after a swab) and actually tasted some flavors I had not tasted before, almost peppery. This was better than the 480f and I let the nail heat soak for 15 minutes just to make sure all was hot.
The forked handle is, that's for sure, too bad the cap does not have a side thread for the handle as I now have an ugly piece of clear heat shrink on it (I like cork better, might just jab some cork on my fork!)
I will take some pics at 500 next time as I plain forgot after that great 500 jobbie.

I use rosin as it is clean and diy
I use bubble hash too
Have dabbed my.oil before but as rosin and bh is higher quality I keep the oil for caps now

Looks like peanuts maybe with a bong?
Not sure why though @LesPlenty

I think the rubber things are like a multifit adaptor type deal for any vapes and glass?
Saw something similar searching the web, just a guess from the pic

EDIT - I think it's the one who usually is on the piano actually

Last edited:
The rubber boots say 'SUBA-SEAL' in them, they are laboratory stoppers, stick them in\on the end of adapters so you can fill with Iso and clean would be one use I suppose.

I just had a couple more dabs at 500f with the SiC Comet and this really is so smoothe....dragon breath anybody!
Results at 500f;
IMG_20190726_164603.jpg

Much better vaporization, barely any clean up needed, thanks for the low temp tip @Shredder, now we are cooking without gas!

Do the non DNail flat heaters have a double wrap like this;
IMG_20190726_164718.jpg

The DNail instructions say to heat the SiC dish to 900f to burn it clean, my Auber RDK200v2 will only heat to 815-820f, is that because the temp probe is at the end of the coil, I think that is where it is?

Do the non DNail flat heaters have a double wrap like this;
View attachment 11399
The DNail instructions say to heat the SiC dish to 900f to burn it clean, my Auber RDK200v2 will only heat to 815-820f, is that because the temp probe is at the end of the coil, I think that is where it is?
No
My auber flat coil only had one layer
I remember asking this when I was buying and if I needed a double dnail one or if the auber single layer was enough
I was informed the auber was good enough so I didn't bother to spend the extra on a dnail one

My rdk 300 gets to about 960 - 990ish when you set it to 999 on the dial

I will often (every couple of sesh) leave it on after a sesh at 999 to let it do it's "self cleaning" thing

More time between iso jar US cleans that way

For cleaning the halo have you all tried using one end of the qtip to first dry swab up the puddle, then with the other end dipped into distilled water, wet swab it? I only have to deep clean the sidewalls every week or two, the trench itself stays nearly spotless.

For cleaning the halo have you all tried using one end of the qtip to first dry swab up the puddle, then with the other end dipped into distilled water, wet swab it? I only have to deep clean the sidewalls every week or two, the trench itself stays nearly spotless.
I give a iso dipped qtip swab and then a dry swab after each dab
Every so many dab sessions or other day i leave on at 999 which is 960 max for however long the auber takes to auto off - maybe an hour?
I only have to us cleaner every couple of weeks also

The ease of use and cleaning is the main reason my halo beat my QBs in the end

I used to rotate, but the QB has not come out for well over a month now .....

I rough up the cotton tip on my silicon mat for a dry mop then dip the other end in iso for another wipe, might have to try the distilled water as the iso just boils off in a ball (acts like mercury rolling around the SiC surface)
Been hitting Sic at 555f today...all good!
I have 3 layers of heat shrink on the forked babber handle but it still gets too hot so I now have a wine cork jabbed on the end of it.
Does everyone leave their carb cap on to preheat everything or do you only put it on the Halo after you load with concentrate?

I rough up the cotton tip on my silicon mat for a dry mop then dip the other end in iso for another wipe, might have to try the distilled water as the iso just boils off in a ball (acts like mercury rolling around the SiC surface)
Been hitting Sic at 555f today...all good!
I have 3 layers of heat shrink on the forked babber handle but it still gets too hot so I now have a wine cork jabbed on the end of it.
Does everyone leave their carb cap on to preheat everything or do you only put it on the Halo after you load with concentrate?
I start drawing as I put the dab in and then cap it
My cap handle gets hot but I only grab the forked tip end and it's okay
I had thought to put something on as a heat cover but keep getting dabbed and forget

Yes the iso does like to form a ball on the sick
I may try water but it might do the same

I start drawing as I put the dab in and then cap it
OK, but do you have the carb cap on the halo when you turn it on and let it warm up with the nail?

I have not done so though
If that is the case I would not need any heat shield, I was managing with the handle hot as long as I did not fumble anything and have to hold it too long.
Might try that...tomorrow.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back