Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

I just handed over US$330 odd to D-nail, I think I got everything I need, even the V2 carb cap and forked dabber, not cheap but hopefully it will get used hard for many years to come, paired with my future Dabpress.:thumbsup:
Now, is there a D-nail thread or where should I talk about them so I don't get in trouble for going off topic here.:smilie-devil:

I just handed over US$330 odd to D-nail, I think I got everything I need, even the V2 carb cap and forked dabber, not cheap but hopefully it will get used hard for many years to come, paired with my future Dabpress.:thumbsup:
Now, is there a D-nail thread or where should I talk about them so I don't get in trouble for going off topic here.:smilie-devil:
Nice :)

You can use the thread mum made for us from my post comparing QB and halo sic

Not sure where it is though....lol

Last edited:
@LesPlenty sorry I didn't answer your question regarding puck placement. I will center rectangle pucks and with the 30mm pucks I place them about 1/4" from the front opening but centered. The 40mm pucks you want right in the middle as they flatten out close to the edge on the front and back. 2x 40mm pucks side by side is the ultimate squish for bottle tech style when you wanna press a lot at once.

You made a great choice with the sic halo, I got nothing but praise for it. That and a quartz banger and torch check most boxes for me. The biggest complaint I have right now is portable use. The motar works well but it's a little big and breakable. I wanna get a Sai top airflow with quartz bucket, think that'll finish off my devices for rosin.

@LesPlenty sorry I didn't answer your question regarding puck placement. I will center rectangle pucks and with the 30mm pucks I place them about 1/4" from the front opening but centered. The 40mm pucks you want right in the middle as they flatten out close to the edge on the front and back. 2x 40mm pucks side by side is the ultimate squish for bottle tech style when you wanna press a lot at once.

You made a great choice with the sic halo, I got nothing but praise for it. That and a quartz banger and torch check most boxes for me. The biggest complaint I have right now is portable use. The motar works well but it's a little big and breakable. I wanna get a Sai top airflow with quartz bucket, think that'll finish off my devices for rosin.

If you get that sai, get a couple ceramic donut coils as well. I bought mine with the buckets in mind, and just use the donuts now. I use it for low temp vaping, just like my sic halo, only portable.

I bought another on a sale and now have flavor choices. I'm using them a lot, but I'm surprised how few others are on to them.

Anyway back on topic. Rosin mmmmm

I just love rosin. It's one of the best DIY's I can think of. Flower, heat, squish. It's a miracle!
Congratulations on your wise consumer choices, @LesPlenty. May you have many happy returns.
I want pictures, and all of the dirty details. Photos of your equipment, tales of ecstasy. Or just post about the stuff you bought. That would be good, too.

@Madri-Gal - Have you tried making rosin with kief as yet? It can be quite sublime. Low temp and a 37 micron bag make a nice combo. I'm reminded that I need to post some action shots for @psychonaut family album :)
I started off with making rosin from kief. I went backwards to bud. Kief is another one of those "How cool is that?" items. Pressed, not pressed, you can't go wrong with kief.

If you get that sai, get a couple ceramic donut coils as well. I bought mine with the buckets in mind, and just use the donuts now. I use it for low temp vaping, just like my sic halo, only portable.

I bought another on a sale and now have flavor choices. I'm using them a lot, but I'm surprised how few others are on to them.

Anyway back on topic. Rosin mmmmm
I can't remember seeing a link.:razz:

https://www.puffitup.com/category-s/256.htm

Was thinking after seeing @Baron23 microscope pics of bud vs ground trichs and wondered if grinding before squishing could help yields at all

Seeing the pics and lack of destruction of crystals in zoom after grinding I thought maybe it would give more access to melt them into rosin if ground first

Is there any experience with this from ppl or reasons it is not a good move and ppl don't do it?

Was thinking after seeing @Baron23 microscope pics of bud vs ground trichs and wondered if grinding before squishing could help yields at all

Seeing the pics and lack of destruction of crystals in zoom after grinding I thought maybe it would give more access to melt them into rosin if ground first

Is there any experience with this from ppl or reasons it is not a good move and ppl don't do it?

My experience is ground up bud is not a good choice for squishing, it will make the rosin darker and yields tend to suffer. The better choice is cleaned up finer material to remove as much of the leaf/plant matter as possible, then press it.

10t hyd pump now avail at Dabpress;
https://dabpress.com/products/dabpr...-mini-rosin-press?_pos=3&_sid=15f9d9090&_ss=r
Don't forget the discount...DP10
I was in the process of ordering when I realized that Dabpress only have the one micron size for the 40mm prepress, 160, no 37 for sift.
So I think I will need;
1x Press HR10T35V $479
1x Pump $135
1x Gauge kit dp-gk35v $29.95
Now for filter prepress and bag sizes;
1x 30mm Pre press mold (I am thinking of getting the smaller mold so I will have access to Dabpress 37 micron bags for sift/kief) PM30R $45.99
1x 40 pack of 160-micron bags (suit 30mm prepress) BT160NS $19.99
1x 25 pack of 37-micron Bags (suit 30mm prepress) BT37N24 $19.99
or
1x 40mm Pre Press mold (only 160 micron bags are avail from Dabpress) PM40R $55.99
2x 25 pack of 160 Micron bags (suit 40mm prepress) BT160N2524 $16.99ea
I will have to source 37-micron bags to suit the 40mm puck elsewhere.:shocked:
So @psychonaut is adding the all these bits separately and use the DP10 code the cheapest way to go or have I missed a bundle pack somewhere?
Also, what are your thoughts on no 37-micron bags being available for the 40mm puck maker, or did I just not look hard enough?
Getting close now.:clap:
Edit,
So will cost about the same as a new S&B Volcano Hybrid!

Last edited:
10t hyd pump now avail at Dabpress;
https://dabpress.com/products/dabpr...-mini-rosin-press?_pos=3&_sid=15f9d9090&_ss=r
Don't forget the discount...DP10
I was in the process of ordering when I realized that Dabpress only have the one micron size for the 40mm prepress, 160, no 37 for sift.
So I think I will need;
1x Press HR10T35V $479
1x Pump $135
1x Gauge kit dp-gk35v $29.95
Now for filter prepress and bag sizes;
1x 30mm Pre press mold dp-pm30r $ ( I am thinking of getting the smaller mold so I will have access to Dabpress 37 micron bags for sift/kief)
1x 40 pack of 160-micron bags (suit 30mm prepress) BT160NS $19.99
1x 25 pack of 37-micron Bags (suit 30mm prepress) BT37N24 $19.99
or
1x 40mm Pre Press mold PM40R $55.99 (only 160 micron bags are avail from Dabpress)
2x 25 pack of 160 Micron bags (suit 40mm prepress) BT160N2524 $16.99ea
I will have to source 37-micron bags to suit the 40mm puck elsewhere.:shocked:
So @psychonaut is adding the all these bits separately and use the DP10 code the cheapest way to go or have I missed a bundle pack somewhere?
Also, what are your thoughts on no 37-micron bags being available for the 40mm puck maker, or did I just not look hard enough?
Getting close now.:clap:

Looking forward to @psychonaut reply
Good list
Also keen on this type setup

Are you able to bundle this together for us somehow @psychonaut so we can buy easier?

Two auslanders at least keen on a package like this

Nice list!

That's correct we don't have a 37u to pair with pm40r yet. Most people are using the cylinder puck maker for flower and hash is more commonly used in the rectangle mold (or hand filled) which is why we've not yet added the lower microns. I'll talk to Roger about that.

I think that would save you the most money. The bundle design in shopify is for 2-3 items, usually the essentials for flower but when ordering more than 3-4 items the discount code ends up being the most savings.

PM me if you want we can take sales chat to email.

...super stoked to join you guys in the dabpress rosin team, just won some plates from a contest over at FC...

...now the waiting game LMFAO :headbang:

...thanks again @psychonaut :headbang:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back