Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

That gauge is OEM, seems to be the standard for this pump. I believe the gauge threading is 1/2" NPT, so it could technically be replaced but I think the resolution shouldn't be a problem even with smaller loads as the amount of pressure we need is still a decent bit (1/2 ton force per sq/in of pressed puck size on flower).
I read your post on another site where you said you were thinking of changing the gauge o a 10 000psi job, never eventuated?

So I have spent the day moving gear around in my attic o make a Rosineer Roon! Got some good ol lino to cover a chipboard floor, layed that and shopped for a decent pre-made bench, will hopefully have it all set up tomorrow, turned into a big job, probably could have fit it in my workshop but thought it would be a lot easier if I had a bit more room and a dedicated space. I actually have quite a large room for playing in now and no dog hair to contaminate my trates.:thumbsup:
We will get there, slow and steady, only have to do it once if done right.:myday:

Oh shit, electrickery, Aussies by law are not allowed to undertake any electrical (AC) work, must be done by a licensed sparky:uhoh: Good thing I know a bloke in the trade (same old story, I will do the work, he will come around, drink my beer and say he did it and hook it to the rest of the house.(after he checks my work):thumbsup:

I read your post on another site where you said you were thinking of changing the gauge o a 10 000psi job, never eventuated?

No, not yet at least, all the gauges I could find that had 1/2" NPT fittings for bottom mount were quite expensive, around $150+ USD. I am still searching for one that's not so spendy. Perhaps a bushing would work and just use a more affoordable 1/4" gauge.

Once I get one of the pumps here in my hands, I'll take it apart and try some combinations and figure out which route is the cheapest.

So I have spent the day moving gear around in my attic o make a Rosineer Roon! Got some good ol lino to cover a chipboard floor, layed that and shopped for a decent pre-made bench, will hopefully have it all set up tomorrow, turned into a big job, probably could have fit it in my workshop but thought it would be a lot easier if I had a bit more room and a dedicated space. I actually have quite a large room for playing in now and no dog hair to contaminate my trates.:thumbsup:
We will get there, slow and steady, only have to do it once if done right.:myday:

Oh shit, electrickery, Aussies by law are not allowed to undertake any electrical (AC) work, must be done by a licensed sparky:uhoh: Good thing I know a bloke in the trade (same old story, I will do the work, he will come around, drink my beer and say he did it and hook it to the rest of the house.(after he checks my work):thumbsup:
A rosin room! How magical! Good for you, @LesPlenty . You deserve the best.

A rosin room!
Getting there.:horse:
Taking longer to set up than I thought, assembling bench was fun...NOT:myday: I am too rooted to do anymore today...it's smoko, squish tomorrow, I hope.:thumbsup:
IMG_20190720_172159.jpg

The bench can handle 750kg (1650lb) so should last well, got a couple of 30wat LED floodlights on order to brighten it up,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Flo...var=622028721337&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648
:cheers:

Getting there.:horse:
Taking longer to set up than I thought, assembling bench was fun...NOT:myday: I am too rooted to do anymore today...it's smoko, squish tomorrow, I hope.:thumbsup:
View attachment 11034
The bench can handle 750kg (1650lb) so should last well, got a couple of 30wat LED floodlights on order to brighten it up,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Flood-Light-10W-20W-30W-50W-100W-150W-200W-300W-500W-PIR-Sensor-AU-PLug-240V/352684488254?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=622028721337&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

:cheers:
Flooring, bench, electrical work, lighting...in a seperate room...sounds like a rosin room to me...
Next, you'll need a comfy chair...some vapes...a vape station...
You deserve it. It makes me happy to think of you with a Dabpress, and a place for it.

Got squish in;
IMG_20190721_171247.jpg

10g of 12 o 18 months old Incredible Bulk

IMG_20190721_171502.jpg

Forgot to use the magnets to hold the paper.
IMG_20190721_171223.jpg

Flash pic.
IMG_20190721_171142.jpg

First squish, 2.5" 160a puck, just fit between the plates, 87 degrees C (can't change readout to F?) about 185F for 3 mins with pressure kept at 1500psi(gauge) for a return of 1.69 grams, squished the puck again for 3 mins at 90C with pressure of 2000psi(gauge) for an extra 0.25 gram return;
IMG_20190721_171104.jpg

The second squish was a tiny bit darker...maybe, it is smeared on the side of the puck.
The Rosin Collection kit wide chisel tool was great for scaping up the goodies until the rosin started to cool, it started to just shatter into pieces all of a sudden, I might have lost a little as my new floor is a bit sticky, not much got lost but it just blew up!
I ended up aiming a hairdryer on low speed at the now-folded again parchment paper, this made it easy to collect again. Funny thing is I used to have to cool my paper with the same buds but extracted with a hairdryer.
So I enjoyed the actual process and now have 1.94grams total of Rosin from my 10g starting weight...my meth says 19.4% return.
IMG_20190721_211330.jpg

OK, that was a bit much for 1 go, smoothy! (terp pearl spins like mad compared to my bubble hash)

Last edited:
Tastes smooth (I added bong shot as you replied), I would call it a mellow taste as the buds have been sitting for a while(back of cupboard little jar found for the first experiment) at 64%RH with a Boveda in for the last week (it was 61% as it was)
I love how it bubbles like lava on the nail before capping and hitting the terp ball revs, the nail actually gets a nice hum happening as the ball spins not to mention instant vaporization for huge clouds!
The first hit made me cough so hard I nearly popped a pooper valve, but after the coating on the throat from that, it was smooth sailing all the way!

Lol.... you have arrived Les... :cheers: Now you know why all of us dabbers love it so much. :biggrin:

I love how it bubbles like lava on the nail before capping and hitting the terp ball revs, the nail actually gets a nice hum happening as the ball spins not to mention instant vaporization for huge clouds!
My favorite part is putting the carb cap on and watching the magic happen.

I'm really impressed with your first attempt Les. Good on you!

Oh... and love the Frankenstein rig....

Nice post
Well done mate

Great return on a first squish
I like the 2 grams almost from your double squish
Looks easy to use and love those drips :)

When your rosin is shattering you do need to be careful, but it can be easier to pick up sometimes as once you have a piece on a tool the rest should just stick to it in a dabbing motion - just have to watch that paper jumping and losing bits :)

Great you sorted yourself with a hair drier work around and thanks for the update

2nd squish is usually darker - maybe more cooked or maybe more wax/chlorophyll gets through

I'm happy for you and the results

Looking very forward to receiving my dabpress now :)

Last edited:
That dnail, when you get it running, will take you to the next level of Nirvana.
The cheapo Ti is getting a good thorough workout ready to compare to the Halo, it will then be relegated to the used drawer and that coil will live on a 20mm quartz opaque bucket(might leave it at the press for tests).

@felvapes the hardest part is getting the puck into the bag, the small piece of clear plastic helps to funnel the buds into the bag. The plates get up to temp quicker than my WoodScents and the readout was within 1 degree on the plates as tested by my IR thermometer, the C/F switch on this thermometer is handy as the Dabpress I have seems to be Celcius only.

220V versions all read in Celcius. I will check with Roger and see if that can be changed on the PID configuration if you want @LesPlenty.
I use my vapes in f° even though I know Celcius as you can fine tune it that little bit more with the extra digits involved
It could maybe be useful for squishing?
I guess we could follow any tute videos easier

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back