Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

Have a look at this skeleton frame equipped with dp-rp47 plate kit (not included), only a 10 ton hydraulic hand pump is needed to complete your DIY driptech heat press machine with pump and gauge. This frame is compatible with most all sizes of plate and caged plate kits that we offer as well as other platen manufacturers on the market. Our larger quad caged plate kit dp-rp257 and dual large platen kit dp-rp557 are not compatible with this frame due to size limitations.

Users Manual (Read before purchase to verify your platens are the compatible dimensions)

$399 - frame/cylinder only (plates kit and pump sold separately)

[IMG]

$135 -
https://dabpress.com/collections/ro...-well-paired-with-dp-hr10t35-mini-rosin-press
[IMG]

Last edited:
I use my vapes in f° even though I know Celcius
I use Celcius for herb vapes, Fahrenheit for Dabs and pressing, trying to convert me to the dark side, away from metric!

@psychonaut, I was quite surprised how easy it was to connect and disconnect the pump, I have 4 or 5 times now and have not noticed any oil drips.
Also, were my pressures pretty standard for a 10g, 40mm puck and what would you consider the max pressure to use on a 10g, 40mm puck?

I use Celcius for herb vapes, Fahrenheit for Dabs and pressing, trying to convert me to the dark side, away from metric!

@psychonaut, I was quite surprised how easy it was to connect and disconnect the pump, I have 4 or 5 times now and have not noticed any oil drips.
Also, were my pressures pretty standard for a 10g, 40mm puck and what would you consider the max pressure to use on a 10g, 40mm puck?

LOL I have to admit when I see people pressing in celsius I am lost! The dark side is right lol

Yes it connects and disconnects very easily. I am currently using a 3/8" NPT fitting on my cylinder and pump and the oil that leaks when decoupling is excessive, like 2ml. The smaller 1/4" NPT fittings seem to only leak maybe a drop or two, the longer you spend decoupling the more of a chance the oil has to escape when the valve is partially open.

The 40mm puck for me with 10g presses out to 2.5ish round diameter, so that calculates to around 5 sq/in. I like to use about 5000-6000 total pounds of force for a single 40mm puck, so that comes out to (5000 / 2.25) = 2222 PSI on gauge) I personally dont repress so I may take that from 2250 up to 2750 PSI on the gauge towards the last 30 seconds of pressing time to get all that I can out. The pucks I always just save to soak in 190 proof alcohol to make edibles and tinctures, RSO type meds (green oil)

Great info, next time at those pressures I may see the 20% return mark.

Great info, next time at those pressures I may see the 20% return mark.

It's possible! Between 800-1200 PSI at the bag and you are going to see very similar yields, though I encourage experimentation with smaller batches to find the temps/pressure/time that you like best. This is probably the funnest part for me.

My yields have been fairly abysmal with the lower buds off one of my autoflowers, like 11%. I pressed 10g yesterday skunk #1 auto and got back a little over a gram at 200F for 2 mins using my PSI suggestions above. I think the "testing" for that plant according to the breeder is 10-15% so maybe it's on point? My next batch I hope gets me back in the 20's again, I feel like I'm pressing through my stash so quick :uhoh: My orange bud seems to have a lot more kief when ground up so I am hoping to maybe get closer to 20% with that one. The rosin turned out really nice though, milk chocolate color, it started to go from sappy to more of a frosting consistency within the day at room temps.

20190722_075214[1].jpg

Last edited:
It's possible! Between 800-1200 PSI at the bag and you are going to see very similar yields, though I encourage experimentation with smaller batches to find the temps/pressure/time that you like best. This is probably the funnest part for me.

My yields have been fairly abysmal with the lower buds off one of my autoflowers, like 11%. I pressed 10g yesterday skunk #1 auto and got back a little over a gram at 200F for 2 mins using my PSI suggestions above. I think the "testing" for that plant according to the breeder is 10-15% so maybe it's on point? My next batch I hope gets me back in the 20's again, I feel like I'm pressing through my stash so quick :uhoh: My orange bud seems to have a lot more kief when ground up so I am hoping to maybe get closer to 20% with that one. The rosin turned out really nice though, milk chocolate color, it started to go from sappy to more of a frosting consistency within the day at room temps.

View attachment 11214

The one thing I'm sure about, when pressing rosin is that I never know how it will turn out, or the amounts. I'm surprised frequently. Even buds off the same plant pressed at different times can be vastly different.

I've got as low as 7% off cannatonic #4 and up to 22%. And everything in between.

In general top buds produce more, and fresh buds make for lighter colored rosin. But there are tons of varibles. Even the ambient humidity/temp can make a difference.

I'm new to all this and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I'm reading through all the forum threads, watching all the videos. Probably a noob question but I haven't found this addressed yet and I've been vaping and reading a lot. Thanks in advance.

My understanding is to have the rosin run off the hot plates ASAP to preserve terps, etc... So what about the rosin on the back side of the puck? Is there a reason everyone folds a single piece of parchment in half rather than using two pieces? With two pieces, the rosin could flow out the front and back. Would that be too difficult to work with? Does a single sheet work 'well enough'?

My understanding is to have the rosin run off the hot plates ASAP to preserve terps, etc... So what about the rosin on the back side of the puck? Is there a reason everyone folds a single piece of parchment in half rather than using two pieces? With two pieces, the rosin could flow out the front and back. Would that be too difficult to work with? Does a single sheet work 'well enough'?

Ideally with a larger puck that is centered on the platens, there should be paper front and back if possible not folded but two sheets that way you can pin up both front and back sides to allow the oil to flow off of the plates and away from the heat. A lot of smaller loads are placed closer to the front edge and it's a crapshoot how it decides to exit the puck, but usually it'll come out the front and the gravity will assist in the flow. I think the seam on the bag may be a "easy out" for the oil when pressing compared to the micron mesh edge on the other side, so we can "aim" the drip to a degree, but that's just a hunch.

If you take a look at bubbleman working with the pure pressure longs peak unit on youtube, they have narrow platens and the parchment paper is prepared on both sides so you get pretty much equal flow out the front and back, the top sheet is pinned up so it's basically just serving the purpose of keeping the top platen clean. The bottom sheet contains all the oil.

I have the kirkland parchment roll which is food service size, I usually pull off about 6" and cut it off the roll then fold it in half and press like that, the oil can flow in all directions but I prefer if the sides don't leak!

I got a delivery today :D
Comes with spare bolts, not sure when I'll need them but they are there
It comes fully put together but has Allen keys - maybe you need to check bolts as they can come loose?
One spare magnet
Two spare.fuses
A coupling adaptor I don't think I need?
One spare rubber foot

Now to do some arranging and setup a desk
Watch some YouTube videos and give it a burl

Cheers for all the assistance and for being active on the forum @psychonaut

Last edited:
It comes fully put together but has Allen keys - maybe you need to check bolts as they can come loose?
One spare magnet
Two spare.fuses
One spare rubber foot

Watch some YouTube videos and give it burl

Yes, a whole lot of extras in there!

The extra coupler is for non dabpress pumps, or just a spare.

The bolts should stay tight with the locking washer but never hurts to check them every so often.

Enjoy your new medicine maker =)

One spare magnet
Two spare.fuses
One spare rubber foot

Watch some YouTube videos and give it burl

Good for you, @felvapes! I'm so happy for you! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for everything @psychonaut

Thank you for the well wishes @Madri-Gal
I shall do :)
Looking forward to testing phase

Super quick post from China

Desk set up and ready to run

Busy now and have to go do stuff
But am itching to come back at this and do some squishing

20190723_152743.jpg
20190723_152706.jpg

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice setup @felvapes, your order looks suspiciously like mine! That pump weighs a ton doesn't it, feels great.
Even the Allen keys that come in the kit are decent quality, the ball end types to get at hard angles.
@psychonaut, what is the gauge thread size on the supplied pump?

Edit; I wonder how many lifetimes the pre-press mold will last?

Nice setup @felvapes, your order looks suspiciously like mine! That pump weighs a ton doesn't it, feels great.
Even the Allen keys that come in the kit are decent quality, the ball end types to get at hard angles.
@psychonaut, what is the gauge thread size on the supplied pump?
Yea funny that....must be a special pack they do for the auslanders.... :watchout:
Lol
Yea the Allen keys are good quality, the ball end is needed to fit in some heads

The whole setup is heavy
The press surprised me
I think it's the bottle jack
Pump is great, only thing with mine is the hand grip is upside down when the handle is screwed all the way in

The small round silver knob at front releases the pressure I have noticed

What is the bigger black plastic one up the back on the side?
Is that where you would fill with oil?

Wrong-way around, the big black side wheel is for releasing pressure, the front one is the filler.
only thing with mine is the hand grip is upside down
Just don't do it all the way to dead head, back it off half a turn, that way it can rotate a little in your hand as you peer under watching the goodness flow.

Wrong-way around, the big black side wheel is for releasing pressure, the front one is the filler.
only thing with mine is the hand grip is upside down
Just don't do it all the way to dead head, back it off half a turn, that way it can rotate a little in your hand as you peer under watching the goodness flow.
My hand grip is the same
I was using it the same too

Ah okay that makes more sense being the plastic one is for hand turning
I just thought the other way as it's in an awkward position at back and near bottom so thought it may drain when opened
The silver worked the same...lol

EDIT
Did a squish
I got about 9% back
Not great, but I think it's about right for the bud I used as a test run (some b grade buds I had saved)
I pressed 10g into .9 rosin only did one press (normally I squish twice but am about to do a hash oil run so just chucking the puck in there)
The process was super simple and quick

By memory this bud gave similar yields out of the slug so all good there (prob why I've had saved for ages lol)

The process ease and time compared to the slug is in a different realm
It is so simple and quick, to squish that much bud with the slug would take hours

I pressed at 100°c for 3 mins at about 2500 on the gauge at max pressure

The collection is so much easier too
Just have to be careful of some bits of shatter
All dab and collect easy
No need to stand in the freezer collecting

The final product is a much cleaner rosin that leaves near nothing on the nail and tastes really nice
Hits as rosin should

I have some kief saved
I might see if I have enough for a bag and try that tomorrow

Last edited:
Sounds good, did you use @psychonaut's pressure guide above, I looked at my kief supply and only have 2x big pucks worth and thought I will practice on buds a bit more first.
I had a friend visit today and gave him a few dabs, he said it was the best hash he has tried, he could not get over how smooth it was and how he did not cough like on my bubble hash (got a bit of paper contamination in the last bubble run)
The nail stays very clean, it does not feel like my terp balls are 4wding like bubble hash does.

Sounds good, did you use @psychonaut's pressure guide above, I looked at my kief supply and only have 2x big pucks worth and thought I will practice on buds a bit more first.
I had a friend visit today and gave him a few dabs, he said it was the best hash he has tried, he could not get over how smooth it was and how he did not cough like on my bubble hash (got a bit of paper contamination in the last bubble run)
The nail stays very clean, it does not feel like my terp balls are 4wding like bubble hash does.
I watched a few vids also
I did go up a tiny bit at the end to similar to the number @psychonaut uses but I didn't hold it up there very long
More testing to go :)
I have squished a fair bit of kief in the slug and seeing the similarities/difference in bud I think I will have a bash at my kief in the dabpress soon

This rosin is smoother than my slug rosin

My latest bubble hash is smoother and tastier too

Nice looking setup there @felvapes , we got twins down under! Those yields are sounding similar to mine, also not the best material. Hoping once I start running the tops the yields will jump. The humidity is super important, really 62% is the ideal number to hit, I've tried 65's and they seem to impart water moisture into the product noted by sizzling on the nail after dabbing freshly pressed.

Ya know those handles seem to be that way on a number pump brands, I'm not quite sure. You may be able to slip the handle off and reposition it (sorry I dont have the model here yet to experiment with). I can check on my strongway as they're the same OEM AFAIK.

@LesPlenty I'm still waiting to get the gauge port size, I am almost positive it's 1/2" if it's anything like my strongway. I'll for sure post here, one thing though if we can't find affordable 1/2" gauges, we can hook in a bushing or possibly replace the bushing the gauge is housed in. Frankly it's a lot of extra money and effort, I am not so sure the ends will justify the means, but I like having options!

Nice to hear your friend had a good dab! LOL at 4wd'ing terp pearls.

My oil swabs up a bit of black/brown gunk but always cleans up nicely with a wet qtip after a dry swab. My dabs are usually 2-2.5 hits in size.

Regarding adding/draining your hydraulic hand pump, the big bolt on the rear of the reservoir -- opposite the hose, is where you will access it. It is recommended to drain and refill the reservoir with new anti-foaming jack oil annually with regular use. The capacity is 630ml.

You can also reference the strongway manual here - https://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/46278.pdf

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back