Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

Not addicted to weed, but might have an issue with books. I can't go a day without reading and not feel desperate. Nonfiction preferred , and I love science.
It does seem logical to have a dab press in a grow room. Or, it seems logical to grow in the dab press room.
I grow outside in the dirt, like a peasant. Sun, seeds, and a garden hose.
Coffee houses give out used coffee grounds to throw on the dirt. I have well caffeinated plants, and the worms are up all night.
Rosin rules, in my opinion. :twocents:
I love to grow 4 the love of it!
Some grow for $!
COLAS R why I grow.

A DAB PRESS is 4 ❤️ in my world view?
I read to B CIVILIZED
STONED & a BOOK = EPIC
Sorry @momofthegoons I was getting ready 2 get medicated! (Doubled posted?)

A party friend across da pond.
My old way of hiding will come in handy?

DAB PRESS in EUROPE = CIVILIZATION

Excuse me while I VAP like a BOSS!

Absolutely, friends in high places, well high friends in other places.

@GreenHopper it was my pleasure. I will have a hydraulic foot pump to hook up to the hr10t35v and an air compressor by mid-month.

I saw a foot pump on Amazon and was considering a similar solution. Mostly because I don't have much table top space. I'll be keenly watching to see how you get on with that.

Not so keen on the air compressor due to the noise, but still always interested in seeing different solutions in play.

I saw a foot pump on Amazon and was considering a similar solution. Mostly because I don't have much table top space. I'll be keenly watching to see how you get on with that.

Not so keen on the air compressor due to the noise, but still always interested in seeing different solutions in play.

Yes I feel the same way. My air compressor is a cheap 8 gallon 2hp 125 PSI compressor and it makes a lot of racket. I dont think the wife will approve of the noise. It may be able to deliver very gentle pressure though so for pressing hash it may have an advantage. I dont have any hash to test with so I am thinking of repressing some rosin for thca isolation using the foot pump. This orange special flower rosin ive been pressing budders in hours so its a worthy candidate.

Last edited:
Yes I feel the same way. My air compressor is a cheap 8 gallon 2hp 125 PSI compressor and it makes a lot of racket. I dont think the wife will approve of the noise. It may be able to deliver very gentle pressure though so for pressing hash it may have an advantage. I dont have any hash to test with so I am thinking of repressing some rosin for thca isolation using the foot pump. This orange special flower rosin ive been pressing budders in hours so its a worthy candidate.

As these presses are viable for proper business level squishing I can see why there might be people out there more than happy with the idea of using air compressors so it's definitely an interesting solution to test.

Found this on ebay:

10 Ton Foot Control Hydraulic Air Foot Pump (£35apx shipped from China).

s-l400.jpg

Looks like a viable option, but no guage. I'd be sorry to loose the guage at this point.

Now I'm wondering if using the guage you found for your DIY option would work with the foot pump. I wouldn't want to attach it directly to the pump as it would be on the floor so can a T adapter go between two sets of hoses? That way the Guage on the T adapter could be fixed to the table while one hose goes to the press and the other to the pump?

As these presses are viable for proper business level squishing I can see why there might be people out there more than happy with the idea of using air compressors so it's definitely an interesting solution to test.

Found this on ebay:

10 Ton Foot Control Hydraulic Air Foot Pump (£35apx shipped from China).

s-l400.jpg

Looks like a viable option, but no guage. I'd be sorry to loose the guage at this point.

Now I'm wondering if using the guage you found for your DIY option would work with the foot pump. I wouldn't want to attach it directly to the pump as it would be on the floor so can a T adapter go between two sets of hoses? That way the Guage on the T adapter could be fixed to the table while one hose goes to the press and the other to the pump?

That looks to be the same brand that I bought. You could put the gauge on the end of the hose before the male coupler. It'd be on the back of the press at this point but still viewable especially when using driptech.

I got the 10-ton hyradraulic/pneumatic foot pump. All I can say is wow, this is really a neat pump, I had to create my own gauge adapter with a pair of quick connecter couplers like what's used on the press, and got it all hooked up and tested.

I need to see if there is a way to slow down the psi as 1 press of the pump can jump it about 4-500 PSI on the gauge. It takes a fair bit of air to operate, I guess my 1.5hp 6ga compressor used 25% of the air to get it up to 3000 PSI on gauge squishing a bamboo plank 12.75 sq/in (approx 530 PSI on plank). This foot pump takes max 120 PSI from your compressor.

I'll make a video later. The gauge is now located in the back of the press facing to the right, so when the hr10t35v drip tech press is tilted forward, the gauge is facing upward. Works for me, trying to remove the hose from the manifold near the footpump was impossible, I think they used an impact wrench or something to attach the hose to the foot pump. I had originally wanted to put the gauge on the foot pump but now that I think about it I like where it's at here. For safety purposes I am using my hand to operate the foot pump, this requires NO effort due to the pneumatic assist.

v6162w.jpg

I got the 10-ton hyradraulic/pneumatic foot pump. All I can say is wow, this is really a neat pump, I had to create my own gauge adapter with a pair of quick connecter couplers like what's used on the press, and got it all hooked up and tested.

Nice, I'm well impressed that you are trying out this foot pump.

I need to see if there is a way to slow down the psi as 1 press of the pump can jump it about 4-500 PSI on the gauge. It takes a fair bit of air to operate, I guess my 1.5hp 6ga compressor used 25% of the air to get it up to 3000 PSI on gauge squishing a bamboo plank 12.75 sq/in (approx 530 PSI on plank). This foot pump takes max 120 PSI from your compressor.

I didn't realise it works in conjunction with the air pump.

Is the air pump a requirement or is it optional?

I'll make a video later. The gauge is now located in the back of the press facing to the right, so when the hr10t35v drip tech press is tilted forward, the gauge is facing upward.

Looks like it would be possible to put another hydraulic line between the jack and the gauge if one wanted to mount the gauge elsewhere.

Looking forward to the vid.

Thanks @psychonaut, great effort. :clap:

Looks like it would be possible to put another hydraulic line between the jack and the gauge if one wanted to mount the gauge elsewhere.

I will get the latest greatest DAB PRESS when I order mine?
I have some PINEAPPLE EXPRESS ROSIN I want 2 try however I may have over done some COLAS I got this week.
No I did not grow them?
Cheap anyway!

In WESTERN EUROPE it is a must 4 a DAB PRESS!

No problem! Thanks for the kind support.

Yes an air compressor is required, as the air pressurizes the mechanism inside the chamber of the foot pump and sends the hydraulic fluid into the line pressurized!

Yes, I suppose if you are handy, you can create your own hosing/fitting system. I should note, you would need to account for extra hosing and add more hydraulic fluid to your system. You can calculate the volume inside your hosing as these 1/4" NPT hoses have 1/8" I.D. for the hydraulic fluid, so you add an appropriate amount.

I am still testing it out on the bamboo plank, but it appears that if I dial back the PSI on the air compressor it drops the amount of pressure applied each pump. Still testing, this compressor is loud and I'm trying to keep peace with the wife and fur babies :biggrin:

No problem! Thanks for the kind support.

Yes an air compressor is required, as the air pressurizes the mechanism inside the chamber of the foot pump and sends the hydraulic fluid into the line pressurized!

Yes, I suppose if you are handy, you can create your own hosing/fitting system. I should note, you would need to account for extra hosing and add more hydraulic fluid to your system. You can calculate the volume inside your hosing as these 1/4" NPT hoses have 1/8" I.D. for the hydraulic fluid, so you add an appropriate amount.

I am still testing it out on the bamboo plank, but it appears that if I dial back the PSI on the air compressor it drops the amount of pressure applied each pump. Still testing, this compressor is loud and I'm trying to keep peace with the wife and fur babies :biggrin:
What size AIR COMPRESSOR will I NEED 2 run it?
The reason I ask is I might leave my 3 hp in CALIFORNIA & buy one in FRANCE 2 save $ on shipping?

I will get the latest greatest DAB PRESS when I order mine?
I have some PINEAPPLE EXPRESS ROSIN I want 2 try however I may have over done some COLAS I got this week.
No I did not grow them?
Cheap anyway!

In WESTERN EUROPE it is a must 4 a DAB PRESS!

Haha, that's what I did, it's well over specced for my needs but it is fun to use :biggrin:

It's certainly a must if you want to play with rosin, no dispensaries here unfortunately :frown:

I haven't tried PE yet, it's on the list when I get a chance.

Ah damn, there is no way I can run an air compressor.

Still I got my table setup today and there is enough room for the hand pump so I don't really need a foot pump solution.

15470796766191612879114.jpg

If a hydraulic only foot pump solution is available I might consider it just to free up some table space but the other foot pumps I found were in the £200-£300 range and not worth it for me.

Still interesting to see how you get on with yours.

What size AIR COMPRESSOR will I NEED 2 run it?
The reason I ask is I might leave my 3 hp in CALIFORNIA & buy one in FRANCE 2 save $ on shipping?

Hi friend, I am using a 6ga 1.5hp electric air compressor with 125 PSI max output, I connected the male pneumatic fitting on the foot pump and it is ready. I have to say it is quite loud indoors as you probably already know!

I believe with my air compressor I can reach max PSI without emptying the tank, but if you wanna run it for multiple squishes you may need to have it plugged in to keep your pressure up.

Here is a quick video showing how loud it is to operate but how fast and easy it is.

Ah damn, there is no way I can run an air compressor.

Still I got my table setup today and there is enough room for the hand pump so I don't really need a foot pump solution.

15470796766191612879114.jpg

If a hydraulic only foot pump solution is available I might consider it just to free up some table space but the other foot pumps I found were in the £200-£300 range and not worth it for me.

Still interesting to see how you get on with yours.

That is a mighty fine looking setup! :cheers:

Honestly, I think the hand pump is the way to go ultimately. Perhaps if you're tiring yourself out hitting max PSI for huge runs it'll help in that department. I am certainly not going to be using this except under those circumstances. For my 5 sq/in pucks I can get the muscle into it ;)

For rosineers who are handicapped or don't have much strength in their arms or hands, this is the way to go, you just need to setup some safety procedures so you never accidentally step on the foot pump while your hands are in the plates :ugh:

Why thank you, couldn't have done it without your help :cheers:

Got a slick pad on the way that will cover the entire table top, then I can use to orange one that came with the kit under the drip area if needed.

Honestly, I think the hand pump is the way to go ultimately.

Gotta agree with you there, that pump was noisy, I like to press at night :biggrin:

For rosineers who are handicapped or don't have much strength in their arms or hands, this is the way to go

It was interesting seeing you operate the foot pump by hand with almost no effort. Defo an option for those with physical ailments.

Edit: I can see why you wouldn't want to have your hands near the plates and accidentally lean/step on the pump... Yikes! :yikes:

Hi friend, I am using a 6ga 1.5hp electric air compressor with 125 PSI max output, I connected the male pneumatic fitting on the foot pump and it is ready. I have to say it is quite loud indoors as you probably already know!

I believe with my air compressor I can reach max PSI without emptying the tank, but if you wanna run it for multiple squishes you may need to have it plugged in to keep your pressure up.

Here is a quick video showing how loud it is to operate but how fast and easy it is.

Honestly, I think the hand pump is the way to go ultimately. Perhaps if you're tiring yourself out hitting max PSI for huge runs it'll help in that department. I am certainly not going to be using this except under those circumstances. For my 5 sq/in pucks I can get the muscle into it ;)

For rosineers who are handicapped or don't have much strength in their arms or hands, this is the way to go, you just need to setup some safety procedures so you never accidentally step on the foot pump while your hands are in the plates :ugh:

My wife is thin however very strong!
If me.
A session with no ROZIN is very SAD!
☮️
She can pump it 4 me!

Yes indeed, I cant stress enough how careful you have to be. Thinking some stickers near your press could be helpful such as this, to remind you to be safe!

Crush-Hazard-Danger-Safety-Label-LB-0118.gif

My wife is thin however very strong!
If me.
A session with no ROZIN is very SAD!
☮️
She can pump it 4 me!

You got the right idea buddy!

Last edited:
Press #2

This is my 2nd press ever (Press #1 here).

Material:
3.6g GG#4 By Fastbuds (home grown) @62RH 8MNTH Cure
full

full

Technique:
  • Pre pressed
  • 2100 PSI max pressure
  • 2 min press
  • +10 seconds of pressure build up
  • 200c
  • Kept upright, did not tip for drip
Result:
  • 0.40g Rosin
  • Brittle on collection
  • Pull and Snap after 15min sit
  • 0.10g better than last press
full

full

full

full

full

Detail:

Well a 0.10 improvement over last time, it's progress.

I cut the PTFE sheet to slightly wider than the press plates and gave plenty of length.

I also got the Puck more centered.

I let the material sit between the plates for a few seconds before beginning the squish, this was mostly time taken to grab camera and shoot pics.

Pressed until guage started to move. Held for 5 seconds.

Pressed until guage read 1000. Held for 5 seconds.

Pressed until guage read 2000. Held for 1min.

Notised guage dropped during the 1min wait so pressed a small amount to bump back up to around 2000. Held for another min.

I got no dripping but never dipped the press. I don't think it would have dripped even if I has tipped the press, I don't think a 3.6g Puck of my material is enough.

Bag didn't rupture this time.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back