Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

The Cannaclamp is a fantastic upgrade from the Wet 2 Straight. The High 5 rosin press is a safety hazard and requires safety glasses and thick gloves. Thick gloves make it hard to work with parchment packets, bud, and hash.
Now THAT looks like something I could even use..... I've had zero success with hair straighteners. And don't want a huge piece of equipment.

Thanks SamuraiSam for the great suggestion! :thumbsup:

However now I want to buy another piece of equipment lol.... that sucking sound you hear is my wallet. :biggrin: I do have one question. When you use a hair straightener, you exert pressure with your arms and body. Does this take a lot of hand strength to use? In looking at their vids, I see them 'pulling a trigger.' I would imagine pressure needs to be kept on that trigger for the plates to press down. So... is it a hand cramp situation lol? Or is it an easy pull on the trigger?

Last edited:
The Irwin clamp at the heart of it is a human powered device that multiplies the force you put in and exerts it to the pads. It isn't insanely demanding, but does require some hand/wrist strength. I wouldn't say it's a "lot" but that depends on a person's abilities. You apply force to get the plates to move closer together, but once you have moved the plates, you don't have to continuously apply pressure, the clamp keeps on applying it. So when pressing maybe 1/10th the time you're squeezing the clamp and the rest of the time you're just waiting (bouncing back and forth between squeezing and just holding) to gently ramp up pressure over time.

If you're not sure of your ability to fully squish with the CannaClamp, I would suggest visiting a Lowe's (home depot carries DeWalt clamps :() or other hardware store that carries the Irwin 600lb clamp at the heart of the CannaClamp and head to their hardware section to test out a clamp. See if you feel like you can max out the clamp in the store so you can try before you buy!

Some of these extracts are so strong. How do you handle taking them? Is it a tolerance issue? I guess my tolerance is low. I have several oil cartridges that range from 60-91%... the higher end being distillate. Ive gotta be careful with them.

I like my 8% cbd heavy flowers, lol. Would be nice to find a super strong cbd distillate.

Peace everyone.

.8g homemade Sour Jack shatter.

12g starting material, first soak only.

Awesome result.

0104182214b.jpg

0104182302.jpg

Some of these extracts are so strong. How do you handle taking them? Is it a tolerance issue?
Well.... I don't know if I'd call it an 'issue' per se.... :razz2:

When I first started using concentrates they blew me away. But that result faded quickly. Now I find that I like a quick dab rather than a long vape session. It's all about finding the right balance and not overmedicating or it will screw your tolerance up big time.

@OldOyler that new batch of shatter looks divine. Real nice and clean. :thumbsup:

Got some sugared live resin....first dabbable concentrates I have seen in Maryland (and trust me, I'm all over this as much as an anal, OCD, type A person can be LOL).

Here's what I got...note the packaging...all glass and very nice.

Attachment-4.jpg

Attachment-3.jpg

Attachment-2.jpg

Attachment-1.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to post it a few weeks ago, but the first concentrate I was able to get in MD was a cart. Lemonhead OG and the cart is ceramic coil, no wick, no PG/PEG/VG. All terps are cannabis derived (but I think they went a little overboard with the lemon)

I started running it at about 6.5 watts on my box mod...but that was really too much. Very thick, ripping clouds but harsh and coughed my brains out. I'm down to about 5.5 watts now and can probably go even lower. Pretty good cart and wonderful at 2 am when out of bed with my frak'ing back and need a quick few hits to get back to sleep.

Attachment-1.jpg

Attachment-2.jpg

Attachment-3.jpg

@Baron23 I love those glass jars for concentrates. Keeps them nice and fresh. And that resin looks lovely. I love Blue Dream... Bet you're a happy fella. :biggrin: Curious... what are they charging for a 1/2 gram?

@Baron23 I love those glass jars for concentrates. Keeps them nice and fresh. And that resin looks lovely. I love Blue Dream... Bet you're a happy fella. :biggrin: Curious... what are they charging for a 1/2 gram?
Oh, you don't want to talk prices here yet...its outrageous but will be coming down quite a bit soon.

I think it was $60 for .5 g. Way too much...on the other hand, I don't have to smuggle so there is that advantage.

Some of these extracts are so strong. How do you handle taking them? Is it a tolerance issue? I guess my tolerance is low. I have several oil cartridges that range from 60-91%... the higher end being distillate. Ive gotta be careful with them.

I like my 8% cbd heavy flowers, lol. Would be nice to find a super strong cbd distillate.
The key to extracts is to dose carefully. Because a very small amount can bring on significant psychoactivity, I recommend that with extracts, always start out dosing small amounts at a time. You can always add more later if you need it.

Distillates with very high percentages of active THC are going to be overwhelming for people who have a low tolerance. I find these to be very couchlock-like. I don't use large amounts of distillate except for sleep purposes, because I find it to be less useful for more functional hours of the day. I tend toward rosin and mostly full melt bubble hash, which have lower THC levels than will be found in distillate and considerably more of the original terps from the cannabis they used.

I believe that CBD distillates can be had, and for your needs, this would be a better idea. If they are not available in your neighborhood, you could also consider purchasing CBD crystals and combining them with your high THC distillate to take the edge off. However, the consistency of the distillate may harden with added CBD, and additional heat or terps/solvent may be required to achieve a consistent emulsion. I wonder if sonication might also help to avoid the use of solvents, but must admit I am not somebody who uses ecig style tanks with distillate, I dab mine...

@Baron23 holy shit man, you seem to be getting your hands on some good concentrates there my friend! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! :biggrin: I hope you've had a most enjoyable holiday season (and that goes for all of my asylum people btw!) :peace: I do hope that those prices get more reasonable in your neighborhood as time goes on brother! Are any sauces available to you yet btw, or just sugar so far?

@Baron23 holy shit man, you seem to be getting your hands on some good concentrates there my friend! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! :biggrin: I hope you've had a most enjoyable holiday season (and that goes for all of my asylum people btw!) :peace: I do hope that those prices get more reasonable in your neighborhood as time goes on brother! Are any sauces available to you yet btw, or just sugar so far?

Hello my friend - my holidays were joyous and I hope yours were also! :cheers:

Prices will come down...industry is in its infancy right now and in the near future there will be a lot of competition from NJ and DE and Washington, DC is already an alternative source (but unregulated). But I was wrong...I remember thinking this was pure highway robbery but that .5 g was actually $80!!! :yikes::disgust:

I will not be buying $160/gram concentrates, I can assure you (LOL) but this is the very first dabbable concentrates I have seen for sale in the state and wanted some (just because LOL). Turns out, its quite good if way too dear.

As far as sauces...let me repeat, first dabbable concentrates anywhere in MD MMJ program. They had a 'budda' type consistency also but just the two products. I note that while nicely crystallized, its not very damp as some other sugars I have had seemed to be. Still was very good.

My hopes that your year to come is healthy, joyous, and prosperous for you and yours, my friend.

Cheers

The key to extracts is to dose carefully. Because a very small amount can bring on significant psychoactivity, I recommend that with extracts, always start out dosing small amounts at a time. You can always add more later if you need it.

Distillates with very high percentages of active THC are going to be overwhelming for people who have a low tolerance. I find these to be very couchlock-like. I don't use large amounts of distillate except for sleep purposes, because I find it to be less useful for more functional hours of the day. I tend toward rosin and mostly full melt bubble hash, which have lower THC levels than will be found in distillate and considerably more of the original terps from the cannabis they used.

I believe that CBD distillates can be had, and for your needs, this would be a better idea. If they are not available in your neighborhood, you could also consider purchasing CBD crystals and combining them with your high THC distillate to take the edge off. However, the consistency of the distillate may harden with added CBD, and additional heat or terps/solvent may be required to achieve a consistent emulsion. I wonder if sonication might also help to avoid the use of solvents, but must admit I am not somebody who uses ecig style tanks with distillate, I dab mine...

Thanks! CBD cartridges are available here. I think they might be sold out at this time but I’ll definitely see if they’re in stock.

The Cannaclamp is a fantastic upgrade from the Wet 2 Straight. The High 5 rosin press is a safety hazard and requires safety glasses and thick gloves. Thick gloves make it hard to work with parchment packets, bud, and hash.
Hmmm. After samurai and hb chimed in...

Okay. This is my next purchase in the next few days rather than the high5.

Peace, and good things back at you!

EDIT: SCREW IT, I WENT AHEAD AND ORDERED IT. PEACE!

Last edited:
Peace everyone.

1g of Tembo Kush live resin.

:partyhat:

0111181437.jpg

Hmmm. After samurai and hb chimed in...

Okay. This is my next purchase in the next few days rather than the high5.

Peace, and good things back at you!

EDIT: SCREW IT, I WENT AHEAD AND ORDERED IT. PEACE!
Oh man you won't be disappointed! I look forward to seeing a lot more rosin from you this year brother :peace:

Thanks! CBD cartridges are available here. I think they might be sold out at this time but I’ll definitely see if they’re in stock.
Oh that is even better man! I hope this works well for your needs, I have always had a great appreciation for CBD :biggrin:

Hello my friend - my holidays were joyous and I hope yours were also! :cheers:

Prices will come down...industry is in its infancy right now and in the near future there will be a lot of competition from NJ and DE and Washington, DC is already an alternative source (but unregulated). But I was wrong...I remember thinking this was pure highway robbery but that .5 g was actually $80!!! :yikes::disgust:

I will not be buying $160/gram concentrates, I can assure you (LOL) but this is the very first dabbable concentrates I have seen for sale in the state and wanted some (just because LOL). Turns out, its quite good if way too dear.

As far as sauces...let me repeat, first dabbable concentrates anywhere in MD MMJ program. They had a 'budda' type consistency also but just the two products. I note that while nicely crystallized, its not very damp as some other sugars I have had seemed to be. Still was very good.

My hopes that your year to come is healthy, joyous, and prosperous for you and yours, my friend.

Cheers
Damn, those are some incredibly high prices. But then I'm sure that many regions have and will continue to see unreasonably expensive prices for cannabis concentrates when they first start showing up in the market. Hopefully that will level out for you sooner than later though!

Now we need to see some dabbable hash make it to your neck of the woods my friend, I'd love to hear your views on it from somebody who has had such a long appreciation for hash! :weed:

My thanks for the kind wishes my friend, it has been a hashy new year indeed! As always, sending my best to you and yours for the new year and beyond :peace::cheers:

Some fresh resin I picked up a while back... they’re calling it Hammerhead’ but I can’t find any info on that ‘strain’ so I’m guessing it’s a gumbo of some sort. :smile:

89D2A3C7-AD18-441E-9528-352012589356.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpg

Some fresh resin I picked up a while back... they’re calling it Hammerhead’ but I can’t find any info on that ‘strain’ so I’m guessing it’s a gumbo of some sort. :smile:

View attachment 2335

View attachment 2336
Ive been enjoying mixtures of up to 4 types/varieties of extracts lately, and have really come to appreciate these 'gumbos'. Some varieties that I have are a little anxiety provoking on their own, but also assist with fatigue by providing a clear headedness. Mixing some resin in from broad leaf, sleep/relaxation promoting cultivars is a wonderful solution! Also the mixtures of flavors can really impress!

I also noticed Etienne mentioning on the most recent hash church that he finds these mixtures to be very beneficial for his ptsd and chronic pain. I wonder if many of us get so caught up in selecting one or the other variety that sometimes, we can miss combinations of different extracts which are more effective together than apart!

Well... apparently I've been sitting on this a while lol. I posted it up on IG and the extractionist contacted me wondering where I had gotten it. He hadn't dropped any wax in a few months. I guess it's time to use up my old stash. :razz2:

IMG_3617.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back