Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

Is that concentrate on glass? Glass slides?
I believe they're using the Oil Slick clear squares....

I'm using glass screw cap bottles for rosin, but most patients still want silicone, because of how messy the glass gets
I tend to agree with them. I like how the glass stores fresh concentrate when I purchase it. But once I start to use it I often find some gets lost to the glass. Now... I suppose I could stop being lazy and iso them out. But.... I just scrape till I get most of it and call it a day. :biggrin:

I believe they're using the Oil Slick clear squares....

I tend to agree with them. I like how the glass stores fresh concentrate when I purchase it. But once I start to use it I often find some gets lost to the glass. Now... I suppose I could stop being lazy and iso them out. But.... I just scrape till I get most of it and call it a day. :biggrin:

Thanks, I never heard of the clear squares. How do you like them?

I checked on amazon and they were $30 for a 50 square envelope. A little pricey, plus the reviews on amazon were not good. Only 2 reviews, but still.

I guess there is room for a better concentrate container for us.

I never heard of the clear squares. How do you like them?
For getting product off, they are great. However.... this film attracts like a magnet. So if there is any loose herb, etc., nearby, it sticks to it. And can get into your product. So it's not good to store your concentrates in after you've started using them. I'd rather have a glass jar or, even better, silicone.

Some Chocolate Melon (aka Chocolope) from The Godflower extracts.

IMG_4209.jpg

Went to one of my fav dispensaries on 710 and tried a cart from a new brand, Prime. My buddy who is manager of this store said that's all he's hitting these days in terms of carts so I got one in Do-Si-Dos.

Will you look at the number on this sucker....I never see CBN or CBG numbers at all and the CBD is up at about 9%.

Haven't tried it but will tonight.

Attachment-1 (005).jpg

Prime #1.jpg

Went to one of my fav dispensaries on 710 and tried a cart from a new brand, Prime. My buddy who is manager of this store said that's all he's hitting these days in terms of carts so I got one in Do-Si-Dos.

Will you look at the number on this sucker....I never see CBN or CBG numbers at all and the CBD is up at about 9%.

Haven't tried it but will tonight.

View attachment 4135

View attachment 4136
@Baron23 im fucked up!
Slab's of Rosin (citrus OG)
40 watts on da MOD filled avec juice 2/3 ratio
Over da Top!
Had an OZ of DOS SIDOS (no more?
Colas went fast!

Ooooh I'm pretty stoked to see that Instagram posts are now embeddable! Lets try it out!

~45 pounds of fresh frozen Dutch treat that I squirted out Monday. I'll try to remember and update with more pictures as it comes along.

Oh man, coincidentally, I use that exact same vessel for my own concentrate processing purposes lol.

I'm guessing that this is gonna make a hell of a lot of sauce, given the quantity of flower you ran! Would love to see some shots of all that finished product :biggrin:

By the way, if I forget to get round to it, somebody remind me to share a pic of some live rosin that I pressed recently from purple nugs - the finished product was purple rosin!

Ooooh I'm pretty stoked to see that Instagram posts are now embeddable! Lets try it out!

~45 pounds of fresh frozen Dutch treat that I squirted out Monday. I'll try to remember and update with more pictures as it comes along.

Very cool, Sam! hahaha...I was looking at the still shot that was what was imbedded and wondering if I had lost my mind because surely the vessel shouldn't look empty! haha Then I followed the link and saw the vid. For a guy who worked in high tech his whole career, I can be incredibly dense on occassion! LOL

@ataxian, @herbivore21 , @SamuraiSam , et al - I never had Do-Si-Dos flower so this cart is my first exposure to this strain. I did hit this new cart last night and it seems clear to me from that, and the numbers on the label, that this is a bit of a Frankenstein's Monster. That is, its distillate to which they added back in a LOT of Limonene, CBD, and CBN of all things. All contents are supposedly cannabis derived.

So, to me the taste was a bit artificial. Not flavored like Raspberry, or some of candy flavor. From the Limonene, it just tasted a bit like Lemon Pledge smells if that makes sense. The first hit was a bit startling but I quickly got used to the strong lemon flavor and it didn't seem as pronounced in later draws.

It certainly did the trick, however, for pain and sedation which is right up my alley.

So, to me the taste was a bit artificial. Not flavored like Raspberry, or some of candy flavor. From the Limonene, it just tasted a bit like Lemon Pledge smells if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense.... and I've had the same type of experience with every single cart I've tried. Which is why I now steer away. It doesn't seem to matter how 'pure' they claim the contents are. They always have a weird flavor to them that I don't care for.

Pity. Carts are such a simple and convenient way to medicate.

PqpyT11.jpg

5g first-run QWET shatter, vacuum purged for five days. From one ounce Sweet Afghani Delicious prime flower. Dark because harvested late. A little rush, bottom drops out, couch-lock. Just right. :nod:
Oh man does that ever look like some of the QWET shatters I used to make back when I started out in the concentrate world! Brings back a bunch of fond memories!

You've made an excellent point that is often not understood by cannabis consumers here too man: Flowers that are harvested late when the heads are mostly/all amber will end up giving you darker oils, regardless of your extraction method. I've pressed very dark flower rosin from mature flowers like this.

IME, the color of an extract does not necessarily tell you anything about the quality of that extract. Ironically, even I used to mistakenly thumb my nose and darker extracts back in my QWISO/QWET days! This was because I only had experience at the time extracting from less mature flower that would not have resulted in dark shatter unless I overheated it during the purge.

I'll also add that IME, the very mature, long flowered starting material tends to make the best extracts :biggrin: This goes especially for those who are trying to make full melt!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back