Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

oh yeah....takes me back to the days of red keif, black slab hash, and mushy, smelly, killer Pak/Afgan dark hash. Wow, would love to get some of that stuff again. Thanks for the tag, my friend.
Isn't it such a wonderful blast from the past man! I wish there was more wonderful traditional hash like this around in our present day and age!

Herb, thank you so much! It remembers me the old days in the 70ies. Here in Germany it was a "hash only" time.
But that was old school hash at it's best! Afghani, Pakistani, Nepali, Red/Yellow Libanese, even finest turkish hash (R.I.P.) in those days,
and naturally all grades of moroccon hashes.
I have come to understand that in my experience, Germans know their hash! It definitely sounds like there are historical reasons for this from what you say. It doesn't sound like much of the flower available there for a long period was worth a damn! Of courhose Thai sticks would have been nice I'm sure :weed:

The point is who needs flower when you have good resin! Not this herbivore! :biggrin:

By the way, I've never seen Turkish hash! What was it like?

So much hash nostalgia in this thread! I think we need a traditional hash thread!

Some Alpine OG I opened last night. Seems to have sugared up a bit, but this is outstanding stuff by Prime Extracts. Yeah, its high dollar, marquee name shatter but the smell is wonderful, the taste is very, very smooth, and it leaves the least amount of residue in my Liger of any concentrate I have tried so far.

There is a lot of $12-18/half gram shatter to be had where this originated and its pretty dang good. But there is a reason some brands demand a higher price and its not just name recognition....I think in many cases the recognition is based on just superior process and product.

Alpine OG #2.jpg

Alpine OG #1.jpg

Some lovely WiFi live resin...

UVC7jF4.jpg
Wow, very nice. Consistency looks a lot like the Prime Alpine I posted just above. Nice wet look (what....its the wet t-shirt contest of concentrates...looks count! LOL).

Is there a name brand associated with this stuff? Any props to the extractor?

Is there a name brand associated with this stuff? Any props to the extractor?
Yup; shame on me. That's Medi Edie's. It's the same outfit that makes the De-Stress cake balls I buy that are amazing.

IwwVOnz.jpg

I am beyond bummed that I can't get to Cannabis Cup this year. Several of my favorite extractionists, including Medie Edie's and Midnight Roots, will be there as well as some other contacts I would have liked to sesh with. Next year it's going to be a priority.

...any of you guys tried a concentrate manufactuer "Baroni"?...extra virgin rosin...very good stuff.

...any of you guys tried a concentrate manufactuer "Baroni"?...extra virgin rosin...very good stuff.
No....but I would like to! :biggrin:

...they seem to be expanding more man....look out for some when your dispensaries are established ...but...I do understand that when that happens..you are gonna be swamped!...enjoy your ride...:smile:

cYIXJHx.jpg

I've been absent a bit lately with RL commitments, my kindest thanks to all who have been patient with me whilst I've been busy. This is from my latest bubble run. This is 25u 6 star full melt. Apologies for the glare, the light on my imaging hardware really reflected off of this stuff like crazy. As you can see, this stuff is the straight dope. What I have noticed is that this 25u collection is better than any other 25u hash I've ever made from the same starting flower.

The difference this time is that the same flower was cured for >1 year. The flavor of this 25u hash is as good as the melt when you dab it! This is very unusual, usually a 25u full melt will have good effects, but the flavor will suffer due to immature resin and other non melting content in these underdeveloped glands.

I hope that you all get the chance to become full time full melt dabbers one of these days! It really is the best way to consume cannabis IME :biggrin:

So it have to look! Very well done, Herb! :clap:
Do you account for the better flavour? Ok, longer curing but this alone can't be the reason how you've said.
Other conditions of curing than normally?

So it have to look! Very well done, Herb! :clap:
Do you account for the better flavour? Ok, longer curing but this alone can't be the reason how you've said.
Other conditions of curing than normally?
Thanks my friend! I have been enjoying it :biggrin:

I believe that microbial degradation during the cure may actually be thanked for the improvement in flavor. That would explain why this run was especially melty when other runs using the same flower prior to this incredibly long, temp/RH controlled cure did not produce the same results. The flavor of every different collection from this run are markedly different from those in previous runs with the same flower at much earlier points in the cure process.

Too late for editing my last post: Ok, we don't know for sure. More long cured herbs available for the next test run?
BTW, Herb, do you recognize the dog face (half front view with one floppy ear) in your Royal Cream? ;-)
Would really like to share a bowl of this fire stuff with you....enjoy!

Too late for editing my last post: Ok, we don't know for sure. More long cured herbs available for the next test run?
BTW, Herb, do you recognize the dog face (half front view with one floppy ear) in your Royal Cream? ;-)
Would really like to share a bowl of this fire stuff with you....enjoy!
Lol oh man can I ever see the dog face after you mention it! Good eye there my friend!

I am not sure if herbs of that level of cure will be available again for some time unfortunately, alas, these things take time. I too would love the chance to share some hash with you one of these days my friend! I always enjoy the company of fellow appreciators of fine hash like yourself :biggrin:

Damned, have to start a bubble run again. Have a serious amount of finest trim which has cured for 1-2 years Come over and let's do it together! :tongue:

Last edited:
I do apologize for not having been able to share as much here as I'd like lately! Here's a snap of my latest flower run bubble hash. This is a 6 star mixed 45/73/90 micron collection. It was made from flowers that had been cured in perfectly managed temp and humidity for almost two years. The flavor is off the charts :biggrin:

This one has been gently heat pressed with very low temps (150f), the pic is 250x zoom.

Fq1XPPn.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back