Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Dabs and Slabs

50/50
Bubba Kush - 20% thc/OG Kush X GSC - 27% thc

87° @ 2000 on the gauge in the dabpress

25% return :D
Amber galaxies.....
IMG20220629192645.jpg
IMG20220629193712.jpg
IMG20220629194148.jpg
IMG20220629201540_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG20220629201541.jpg

Concentrates de jour.....

Some Durban Poison Badder from Petro...

View attachment 38467View attachment 38466

And some of the cleanest concentrates I've ever tasted... Dosilato live resin Badder from Society C

View attachment 38468

View attachment 38469
That stuff in the bottom picture looks so creamy...I might have to sacrifice a bit of yield and drop the temps right down on the press for some creamy goodness again as I have been sneaking up on the temps for variety and extra yield...it is Friday night now so press time in the next day or so. :thumbsup:

It's hard to tell with all the names
But one I watched recently said that "live resin" is meant to be rosin made with fresh frozen flower instead of a solvent based
The light colour is meant to be from the fresh snap frozen bud and supposedly makes for a great dab

I don't know enough about all the versions of dabs you have over there though

It's hard to tell with all the names
But one I watched recently said that "live resin" is meant to be rosin made with fresh frozen flower instead of a solvent based
The light colour is meant to be from the fresh snap frozen bud and supposedly makes for a great dab

I don't know enough about all the versions of dabs you have over there though
I love live resin, very tasty stuff. $30 to $60 a gram where I live. You have it right , live resin comes from fresh frozen plants ,and is a Co2 based extraction, ( no need to use rosin ). . Rosin is squished, and costs are about $50 to $80 a gram, and correct me if I'm wrong uses already cured flower. Rosin is a big treat for me. Sometimes they have live resin on a BOGO day at the dispensaries, then the cost drops to $20 a gram . Shatter runs $18 a gram .

Latest squish
26% return
Looking for the mozzie from Jurassic Park.....
View attachment 38386View attachment 38387View attachment 38388View attachment 38389
No matter what I did, and I had a very high end New Vape press, I could never get those yields that others like yourself can. Dunno why but I seem to have been missing some secret sauce. Press is gone now....needed the bench space for a reloading press for metallic rifle ammo....latest obsession! haha

Beautiful looking rosin.

live resin comes from fresh frozen plants ,and is a Co2 based extraction
IME, not necessarily. Yes to frozen fresh flower. But not CO2 exclusive IME. Spent some time with this fella Sam who was the tech at a concentrate lab in Seattle and they did all live resin with frozen flower but used hydrocarbon extraction.

And that is the very little I know on the subject! haha

IME, not necessarily. Yes to frozen fresh flower. But not CO2 exclusive IME. Spent some time with this fella Sam who was the tech at a concentrate lab in Seattle and they did all live resin with frozen flower but used hydrocarbon extraction.

And that is the very little I know on the subject! haha
I also read/saw that it was freeze dried bud that was then squished into rosin - but that is where the colour comes from
Live resin was rosin from fresh frozen flower
Rosin is from dried cured flower

I may be wrong but then I've also heard multiple different explanations for the same thing - tbh I think a lot of what is coming out in trates and extracts now no one knows what they really are as many methods are so new

I still prefer solventless always regardless where possible

I never got the yields I do now until I had access to medical weed
It comes from Canada mostly and a little is grown here
The best I had gotten before is around 18% maybe a 19%
I love my dabpress very much

Last edited:
Some creamy Incredible bulk, 75C(167f) with 2500psi on a 40mm puck for 7 mins...2-minute heat soak with little pressure followed by 4 minutes of slowly adding pressure until 2500psi then a further minute to finish oozing...no drips and only 11% return (very poor buds, about as small and whispy as I will ever see as that sort of stuff now goes in the bubble hash bag).
1658640025695.jpg

So from crap buds to nice rosin.
I re-squished the puck at 99c(210f) with the same pressure and had drips for a total of around 17% with the above added.

Last edited:
Some creamy Incredible bulk, 75C(167f) with 2500psi on a 40mm puck for 7 mins...2-minute heat soak with little pressure followed by 4 minutes of slowly adding pressure until 2500psi then a further minute to finish oozing...no drips and only 11% return (very poor buds, about as small and whispy as I will ever see as that sort of stuff now goes in the bubble hash bag).
View attachment 38525
So from crap buds to nice rosin.
I re-squished the puck at 99c(210f) with the same pressure and had drips for a total of around 17% total with the above added.
Looks yum
Low temp is usually pretty tasty despite the low yield
Sometimes not as "full spectrum" high but definitely a nice experience

Love the colour/texture of that
Creamy butterscotch

Still got a fair slab of last week-ends high temp press, time for some Friday night globs to make room for some fresh press, Mr Hyde compared to Dr. Jekyll above from the same puck,
1659104536147.jpg

Spicy!

Last edited:
Today was patient appreciation day at my favorite dispensary , BOGO on all sorts of goodies :thumbsup:. I bought 4 grams of shatter, 1 grams of crumble ( freebie ), 1 gram of RSO, and a free pr-roll, all for $60 out the door :biggrin:, the quality is spot on. I'll use the shatter for butter, and the RSO is a new product by Venom . It is kick ass and #1 for pain $20 per gram, which is great pricing for 1000mg of RSO oil .

IMG_2755.jpg

This is called Tasty Cake crumble, it looked very interesting to me.

IMG_2756.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back