Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

Hi, ivanogre here. I love my 'M' very dearly. That's why I'm here primarily but also because I'm still waiting for the 'perfect' induction heater for the 'M' to come along.

My Dream IH:

Physically incapable of reaching 450F.

The device would be portable with a drop-in charger that is plugged into the wall. You'd switch it on at the beginning of your session, pluck the device out of the charger and get going and at the end of your day you drop it back in the charger.

Either precise temperature control down to the degree or a useful Low, Medium and High so I can step-temp my way up. (320F, 380F?, 440F)?

If it needs to be simpler I'd skip the portable part and make it strictly outlet powered.

Why not take the Grasshopper, widen it in diameter until you can fit a VapCap in there? I wonder what vaporizers already exist that could do this.

Yup

I continue to do the maths and as much as I buy vapes I am still ahead in the saving $$ on tobacco for spin

If you add it all up I am getting paid to own these vapes in comparison...
[

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add to that the incredibly expensive hospital stay you'll 'miss' because your lungs are healthy!

So, what's DV's hold up?
Perfection can be difficult.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a lung saver for sure!!!!
So much healthier feeling giving up combustion

DV released one I think that they got another manufacturer to make?
I believe it was a nice unit but nothing amazingly special considering the hype and wait

Finally put my $9 ($12 with the plastic case) homemade IH together
Works great
Happy for the price most definitely
Makes you wonder how ppl are selling units for $260 AUD

My case is similar size to a psm or a fluxer (from pics)

More of a fluxer design
If I was trying to make one and develop it for sale I think I could make it smaller than ones out there

I made this one finally as I intend to do some glass and vape gifting of my lesser used units soon and one person will be getting a dv
So they get an IH too as I'm not forking 260 out for one they get my homemade jobby

I put a push button switch at the bottom of the coil and it is wired to work just like a psm does via pressing down with the dv cap
I have a glass tube from the tera mp in the coil, I wound the coil tighter/smaller around the glass tube
I trimmed the coil ends to make it a bit shorter to fit in the case
It's all glued in with a glue gun except for the battery pack which friction fits beside the IH unit and slides in and out so batteries can be taken out for charging the n an external charger or replaced if out and about

It works well, quite impressed
It takes a bit longer to heat than the PSM, but as fluxer mentioned when making their own that they found the flavour better with slower heating times - I also think I have found this

Only just tested it a couple of times so not sure how many DVs I will get from a charge

Anyway
I'm not about to head into production at all but definitely think people should look into making their own for $10 AUD from eBay parts if they cannot afford or think that other pre-made ones are far overpriced

Cheers for the parts links ages ago @LesPlenty

Very easy to do and a satisfactory result

Even if it dies in the bum at some point it is so cheap you can just make another one

Hell I could make 26 of these (minus battery price) for the price of my one PSM....

EDIT
I just took the glass tube out as it was taking a bit long to heat up
I put a piece of bamboo down the bottom to cover the button to stop any heat transfer
Works really well now
Just like a bought one :)
View attachment 11474View attachment 11475View attachment 11476View attachment 11477View attachment 11478
Making an IH is very tempting but I'm afraid of starting a fire.
I like the sound of UL Approved.

@LesPlenty had this stuff happen over heating
The $2 battery holder let me down, still did not get to the point of any danger as it acted as a thermal fuse. I use quality 18650 batteries that have their own onboard circuitry to protect themselves and the user that did not even trip...that time!
Safe and fun to experiment with. I actually use my $9 job more than my SJK as it seems a bit slower and makes smoother vapor as a result.

Homemade for cheap IH. @Madri-Guy did a great job, and I'm happy. I'm wanting a small magnet for the top, but haven't gotten around to buying one, because, of course, I would have to measure or figure out the size I need or something. My plan is to use the IH a lot, then sigh and say "I love this! It's almost perfect". Twenty to thirty times, and @M-G will crack like an egg dropped off a six story building. I could just ask him to pick up some magnets ( Home Depot? Michael's?), but it will be more like an experiment my way.
What think? Closer to 20 or 30?

Not all magnets are created equal @Madri-Gal, axial v radial, neo etc, I recommend getting from Dynavap, do it once,

Not all magnets are created equal @Madri-Gal, axial v radial, neo etc, I recommend getting from Dynavap, do it once,

This is truth. As evidenced by the 20 or so neodymium fridge magnets i now have doing fuck all. Buy 2 or 3 from Dynavap & be done with it.

The only other neo magnets I've found that work are 10mm diameter by 5mm thick.
Much stronger than DV magnets and the cap centres properly on them.
DV magnets are diametrically magnetised which means the north and south poles are on the edge of the magnet rather than the flat surface.
Axially magnetised are north on one face and south on the other.
A 12mm or 1/2" axial will not centre the cap but the 10's do.

DV magnets are diametrically magnetised which means the north and south poles are on the edge of the magnet rather than the flat surface.
Yes, I've found the DV ones are not that strong and the pulling to the edges instead of centre is annoying and makes it difficult for the dv to balance on it
Not what I wanted when I bought them

Thank you for this information I will look for some like you describe
Good stuff

DV magnets are diametrically
Well bugger me, I thought Dynavap would have been correct (axial are hard to find, I have a collection like @Shredder) That is the reason I linked theirs(I thought they would be right, I do not own one except in my stash)

Thanks for this information, @phattpiggie.
Now, at least, I'm not procrastinating, I'm "doing research" trying to find the right magnet.

Well bugger me, I thought Dynavap would have been correct (axial are hard to find, I have a collection like @Shredder) That is the reason I linked theirs(I thought they would be right, I do not own one except in my stash)

All my Dynamags are axial & dead centre. Then again mine were purchased back in the OG days so they may have changed. 12mm x 5mm is the perfect size.

All my Dynamags are axial & dead centre.
If I throw just a cap at my walnut stash it does usually sit to one side, not the middle as I would have expected...hmm.

I've done a lot of putzing around with these disc magnets some years ago and never really had any luck with purchasing the type that allowed a DV cap to center itself. So in May of 2018 I sent an email to our good friend George at DV and this was his response:

"We actually use a special type of magnet to enable the cap to want to be centered. This allows for a stronger attraction to the low mass cap and the edges do not need to be covered. These magnets have a field that is neither axial or diametrically oriented.

I hope this helps.

George"

So I ordered some from DV and sure enough, they work great!

I 've yet to find an alternative and less expensive source for these "special magnetic field" magnets.

Anybody else?

Last edited:
I've done a lot of putzing around with these disc magnets some years ago and never really had any luck with purchasing the type that allowed a DV cap to center itself. So in May of 2018 I sent an email to our good friend George at DV and this was his response:

"We actually use a special type of magnet to enable the cap to want to be centered. This allows for a stronger attraction to the low mass cap and the edges do not need to be covered. These magnets have a field that is neither axial or diametrically oriented.

I hope this helps.

George"

So I ordered some from DV and sure enough, they work great!

I 've yet to find an alternative and less expensive source for these "special magnetic field" magnets.

Anybody else?

I went and got some from dv hoping they would work
But they do as PP states and do not centre
Interesting a few of us have different experience here

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back