Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

Just like this;
1565237839966.png

And seeing you got those nasty firecrackers, I mean batteries, I would recommend installing one of these in the other wire in line like your switch;
You want a NC (normally closed) 70 degree, comes in pairs for just over a dollar, these are automatic resetting thermal fuses (cuts power if it gets too warm and will automatically reset when cool) cheap insurance for those batteries.

You can see the wire going from battery to push button under coil and wire from button to IH circuit in my one
You can trim the coil ends if needed or bend to shape
Wind it smaller a few winds so dv slides in and out easily but it isn't too huge a gap
You can wind tighter or larger to suit personal heating times
The fuse shared above is a good safety feature as long as it doesn't trip out all the time
Although I've made a number of tasers out of those batteries with out them blowing up so hopefully you got a decent set and will be fine
I don't get them anymore though and opt for the more reliable options
In pic I had one to test, but I run my ih on the brown LG batteries now

I took the glass piece out in the end as it took too long to heat
Put a piece of bamboo on top of the button to help with heat dissipation
20190730_002812.jpg

Last edited:
as long as it doesn't trip out all the time
I only suggested the 70 degrees C fuse, what would you think would be a better temperature...maybe 95?

I only suggested the 70 degrees C fuse, what would you think would be a better temperature...maybe 95?
I don't know what will be needed in this circuit/setup
I think it's a good idea you suggested, I wasn't saying I think it will fail
I would only be able to suggest something more compatible via testing
The 70 may be absolutely perfect :)

I was just looking at them as the battery spring melted through the plastic battery holder on mine while heating my CFX concentrate cup, remember this;
IMG_20190713_212139.jpg

So running it for a long time on a large mass is probably not a good idea!

I was just looking at them as the battery spring melted through the plastic battery holder on mine while heating my CFX concentrate cup, remember this;
View attachment 11797
So running it for a long time on a large mass is probably not a good idea!
I only use for dv cap heatups
Multiple back to back sessions have been fine so far
There is heat you can feel in there but not enough to melt anything, I have been looking and waiting for such

I guess the dv clicks in just enough time to not overheat and melt anything and the time in between reheats while drawing on the dv is enough cool down time for the IH

This is why I have a piece of bamboo on top of the button to help stop the transfer of heat from the cap and coil

The brown LG batteries are very long lasting for this IH
I used randoms at first to test
Then the silver boundless ones from the tera
Then the brown LGs

I thought the silver ones.were better in the tera but I never really did proper testing
In the IH I just used till they ran out
I get to the third day on the brown LGs before needing a recharge
The bndls ones lasted maybe to the 2nd day

So you were correct when saying you thought they were more.powerful @LesPlenty

Either way they make my home made IH last a LOT longer between recharges than my PSM

20190808_193217.jpg
20190808_193209.jpg
20190808_193146.jpg

Last edited:
I only use for dv cap heatups
Multiple back to back sessions have been fine so far
There is heat you can feel in there but not enough to melt anything, I have been looking and waiting for such

I guess the dv clicks in just enough time to not overheat and melt anything and the time in between reheats while drawing on the dv is enough cool down time for the IH

This is why I have a piece of bamboo on top of the button to help stop the transfer of heat from the cap and coil

The brown LG batteries are very long lasting for this IH
I used randoms at first to test
Then the silver boundless ones from the tera
Then the brown LGs

I thought the silver ones.were better in the tera but I never really did proper testing
In the IH I just used till they ran out
I get to the third day on the brown LGs before needing a recharge
The bndls ones lasted maybe to the 2nd day

So you were correct when saying you thought they were more.powerful @LesPlenty

Either way they make my home made IH last a LOT longer between recharges than my PSM
That button easy to broken, you need to use MOSFET Trigger Switch

That button easy to broken, you need to use MOSFET Trigger Switch
I have multiple push button switches
Others use a simple on off switch

When/if it breaks I will worry
ATM it works fine, as has others
I'm not selling them nor trying to so I can replace the switch if I need, it is only a $10 (AUD) unit to build

I have seen and read about MOSFET being used in the units for sale
Also how they can amplify the current

Mine works nice at the slower rate ATM with better flavour

If I was selling or producing these I would look into further development

For myself I'm happy it works for such little money

If I built another I may look into a MOSFET switch just to try and see the difference

Thanks for the feedback! I'm certainly looking in to getting better batteries, but I had a surprisingly difficult time finding any branded batteries. If figure these will do for a pinch while I try to get better.

Will these post to you?
This was the @LesPlenty link I used

And still no word from George and DV about their in-house IH development project.

@Squiby - you in contact with George at all anymore. Any idea of WTF this is at. Would be nice if he made some sort of statement about it to the community.

Will these post to you?
This was the @LesPlenty link I used

Those exact ones wont but I was able to search up a set that will for cheap. So these red ones only have to not explode and light the dv on fire for like 2 weeks at most. Hopefully. @Madri-Gal has informed me that she's going to be using it so non stop there might as well not be a switch.

She also says she wants a magnet on the top of the box for a... heat sink? I think she just wants to make me do more work, but she wins regardless. Any magnet suggestions?

Those exact ones wont but I was able to search up a set that will for cheap. So these red ones only have to not explode and light the dv on fire for like 2 weeks at most. Hopefully. @Madri-Gal has informed me that she's going to be using it so non stop there might as well not be a switch.

She also says she wants a magnet on the top of the box for a... heat sink? I think she just wants to make me do more work, but she wins regardless. Any magnet suggestions?
I'm the Mom! I'm the Mom! I want a magnet!
Is that too much to ask? You want hot metal? This is about safety.
Or it's about sticking to the lid. I don't know. It looks cool. I'd think you'd want me to be happy. Sort of surprised you'd think it's too much work, after I spent 98 hours in labor with you. Labor. Like work, only painful.

Last edited:
1565290794063.png

Any decent magnet will do the job
The one on my ih I had lying about
I have one on my.psm that came with it and isn't very strong, I bought a dv magnet and use that on the psm instead
But any magnet will help do the job

I didn't solder that bit myself, I used the screws in the little blue plastic bit

Solder will work fine though :)

My dear son, @Madri-Guy, made me an induction heater for my birthday! OK, so we knew that, but how lucky am I that my son made me an induction heater? I'm beyond thrilled. He knew it was what I wanted. Well, I did tell him. You can't guess a thing like that. How could he? He wouldn't have guessed, then he would have felt bad for not guessing. I don't want him to feel bad. It was sort of a mercy directive when you think about it. Now he's happy, and I'm happy. It's perfect. Thank you, @Madri-Guy. :aaaaa:

My dear son, @Madri-Guy, made me an induction heater for my birthday! OK, so we knew that, but how lucky am I that my son made me an induction heater? I'm beyond thrilled. He knew it was what I wanted. Well, I did tell him. You can't guess a thing like that. How could he? He wouldn't have guessed, then he would have felt bad for not guessing. I don't want him to feel bad. It was sort of a mercy directive when you think about it. Now he's happy, and I'm happy. It's perfect. Thank you, @Madri-Guy. :aaaaa:
Go @Madri-Guy I knew you could do it :)
Well done mate
Looking forward to seeing the final product
@Madri-Gal I am happy for.you and that you are happy :)
Enjoy flameless dving

@Madri-Guy , why didn' you just screw the coil into the controller as described, looked too easy or what? hehe, as long as it works, just for others, you do not have to do any soldering to complete this job!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back