Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

Wondering how it compares?:
AA5318A6-9BC4-4C47-A31F-72D8FEF32D47.jpeg

Pipes' Hotshot is about 1/8" bigger in 3 dimensions and 10x heavier... it's cool the oven is on the top cuz you can heat it while it's sitting in a shirt breast pocket...!

@Bologna i like it, does the battery hold its charge pretty decent? @Pipes you here?
Sorry, I keep topping it off... I'll count the heating cycles and run the battery down one of these days...

My guess is about 25...? A good quality high amp block (no need for more than 3 but not less than 2.3) will charge it in less than a couple of hours...

I have been checking out the latest video on... Ispire The Wand and it seems like there a lot of magic wands with a similar name that comes up when you search,

This one shows with flower but no show of abv,

.....I feel guilty. Torches seem so antiquated all of a sudden.
I agree ('21 SourceVapes Alpine IH, live):
5215DEA5-0BF3-4B62-A501-2FA2C0836DD5.jpeg
The Hotshot is out for delivery (back from it's 2nd repair, grrrr), too, along with my Goo Roo Glass 3-piece bubbler!

Happy-happy, joy-joy!

Edit:

Looks pretty good:

Happy Friday ALL!

Last edited:
...I've noticed two things.

The flavor is better and uniform

The effects seem to be more active/ effective (perhaps my imagination?)

I was prepared to be disappointed, but I am not. I thought it would be whimpy, under roasted herb. At the highest 'setting' it's right on the money for me.

It went with me today outdoors and it was nice to not haul a bunch of torches around because you can never fully rely on them. And in the wind it's nearly impossible with a torch.

I might be able to get used to this.

Do you keep a battery unit charged between uses, or is it better for the batteries to be fully depleted and charged?
The Alpine has a built-in battery and a one-piece old school style charger (non-usb, no block) with red and green status lights, that also can blink alternatively (error?), as well, the unit's 4 white lights blink while charging until always on when full. It charges from totally dead to full in less than 2 hours... if I know I'm going out within the next couple hours, I top it off, otherwise I run it all the way down, or close to it, between full charges. A guesstimate is about 15-20 full heat-ups from insert to auto shutoff (well past the 2 clicks)...

Still tons of testing to do with other tips and caps...!

edit: but to answer your question directly (ha), yes, I think it's better to completely fill and deplete as often as possible, particularly with the first few chargers.... old school battery conditioning practices, whether required or not, can't hurt, I suppose...

Last edited:
The Alpine has a built-in battery and a one-piece old school style charger (non-usb, no block) with red and green status lights, that also can blink alternatively (error?), as well, the unit's 4 white lights blink while charging until always on when full. It charges from totally dead to full in less than 2 hours... if I know I'm going out within the next couple hours, I top it off, otherwise I run it all the way down, or close to it, between full charges. A guesstimate is about 15-20 full heat-ups from insert to auto shutoff (well past the 2 clicks)...

Still tons of testing to do with other tips and caps...!

edit: but to answer your question directly (ha), yes, I think it's better to completely fill and deplete as often as possible, particularly with the first few chargers.... old school battery conditioning practices, whether required or not, can't hurt, I suppose...
Thanx man,

That's exactly the answer, er excuse, I need to get a second one. Wouldn't want to tragically have no juice.

Somewhere I vaguely recall hearing that you shouldn't deplete battery powered tool batteries. But that could have been years ago

Thanx man,

That's exactly the answer, er excuse, I need to get a second one. Wouldn't want to tragically have no juice.

Somewhere I vaguely recall hearing that you shouldn't deplete battery powered tool batteries. But that could have been years ago
Sure thing, anytime....! :thumbsup:

The Alpine is decent enough, as far as an around house, yard, car, boat maybe even a little camping (with a charge bank) cordless, but for a true out and about pocketable portable, and in every way really, the Pipes Hotshot, even with it's wonky USB port (hopefully fixed and will be here Monday, I was wrong about yesterday), is faaaar far superior.

SourceVapes sucks as a company and I would never recommend any of their products, but more importantly, their terrible customer service, to anyone. No matter how cheap and enticing they may make it (when you're drunk alone.)

@Pipes, on the other hand, is a pleasure to deal with throughout.

Last edited:
Thanx man,

Old rechargeable batteries you were meant to discharge fully and recharge fully so the batteries didn't get a memory and go flat half charged

Most of the modern units say to keep between 20% and 80% for longevity as they no longer get the memory issues

I charge my batteries to full and try to recharge them before they get completely flat so attempting to stay within the 20% range
This prevents me from the disappointment of going to use a unit and it dying mid session and helps the longevity of the battery life
I will use vapes until the battery dies if I'm out and about though

old school battery conditioning practices, whether required or not, can't hurt, I suppose
Lithium is OK to flatten and fully charge just don't store them in that state (as @felvapes says, lithium is happiest between 20 and 80%, the quickest way to shorten a lithium battery's life is to store it dead or fully charged, save the full cycling for Ni-Cd (aa or aaa rechargeable batteries are the main wide use of that old tech now)!
I will use vapes until the battery dies if I'm out and about though
Me too, that is why I like user-replaceable batteries for portables...it is hard to worry about battery longevity when out and about.

I have heard that the Ispire Wand does work with a Dynavap...how well is yet to be seen due to early testing...

Also, this looked good until the 200 to 250 price tag was mentioned,
1619929378125.png

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back