Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

This is all I do:

What temp r u set on. Can't see it.

The latest version V00.15 I got works a treat with the Dynavap Cap.
I just double click on 650f to enter Auto Mode without the cap inserted, the unit will flash red to indicate a problem (nothing in the coil). I then slowly bring the Wand down onto the cap until the red flashing led in the coil changes color (orange in my case as that shows the unit is now heating in concentrate made). Once I heard the click I just remove the Wand and hit the stem until the cool down click then slide the wand back on (it just flashes red until it detects an object again like the start)
I cleared the full VC in 2x click cycles with Ed's cigar stem...the second cycle was so thick I thought I combusted but ABV looked like I might get 1 more little puff...but not me, if it is opened I refill, fuck that stirring business!
Looks like a perfect roast for me,
View attachment 28465
I am sure a bong will help vape it faster...pretty bent from all this testing...good fun!
So far it works better than advertised for me.
Thanks for sharing your technique

Thanks for sharing your technique
450F. If you bump up the resolution on the video it shows.

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing too, but with inconsistent results:
mostly no click prior to combustion.
I set it in auto 250F.
I’ve tried all three 2021 DVs — M, Vong and Omni.
I'd move the temp up to 450 at least and see if that helps with timing. I don't understand honestly, I've just not had the issues some others have......

I do not think temp selection matters when using a DV as you go by the click, I can see a temp probe in the coil of the Wand but I think it is more for a safety cut-off than temp control.
The left ABV was at 250f (looks darker, pulled harder?) on the right was 800f and the 800f ABV was the second sesh so the Ti tip was still warmish,
1625368161200.jpg

I also checked 6 different stems in the Wand and none will identify a load without a Cap on except for my S/S tip. Just putting any of my caps on a wooden dowel will show as a load and start heating.

It doesn't seem to matter what temp for dv
The wand is a timer system and set for the cups to get to temp in a certain time frame it doesn't change the amount of heat it puts out

With the dv it will click before any timer is done
I've set at 250 and higher amounts and the results are the same
Dv clicks when it's ready no faster or slower
Sometimes it only clicks once with the wand not twice but it always clicks

Ti tip is best but ss is also good
Ti tip will not set off ih without cap on
Ss will
The caps also will

Ti will cool down click a lot quicker ready for second heat cycle by the time I've finished exhaling and are ready

I pulled out the PSM to test side by side
The wand is much better and empties a bowl quicker plus tastes better

Had a few dabs now and really like this unit
Cleans easy if you don't over heat the dab to burn
Tastes really nice and is smooth
I've used 550 540 and 530 so far
Might try 500 and see

Cold start is the best but a hot start works well too
Factory carb cap works but not as good as my Carta caps and it gets dabs on it as it's so long
Both Carta caps are smoother and tastier and cleaner to use
My fave for taste and smoothness is the small bubble cap I bought for the Carta
The OG Carta cap is great too but a bit harsher
The OG Carta cap is good for cold start and passing to a friend as the cap can be placed on the banger before starting and the wand will slide over the top of cap and cup together
So when finished heating you can just put the wand down and pass the bong with cap in place to dab
With the bubble cap you have to put on the wand as with the factory cap and use the wand as the carb cap
Still a better experience but more fiddly

Still playing and experimenting but think it's a winner so far

Last edited:
I've had a few people ask for an opinion and I'm not sure what to say.
I'm using extracts and rayon as usual.
With the VC we are using it out of spec. It's the first heater I've tried which is designed to run at 8.4v so I have nothing to compare it with.
If this had been my first VC IH then I wouldn't know any different and wouldn't be disappointed.
I'd be frustrated that there is no depth stop.
It's heavy so not the most pocketable.
18650 batteries in series need to be rotated to get the best out of them, a simple fact a lot of manufacturers neglect to mention.
The heat up time has been 10-13 seconds depending on the battery level.
There is definitely a sweet spot in the coil and too deep is detrimental.
The adjustable plug I made has also shown me that the circuit doesn't recognise the VC at my starting height all the time. This seems to be related to the battery level. With around 25% left the depth has to be increased. Sometimes touching the coil fires up the heater but the majority of times not.
My Nitecore takes around 4 hours to charge the 2900mah batteries which for me is 3 hours too many.
I found with other heaters that sip n dip or click to click vaping the amount of loads was pretty similar. I've not tried c2c with the Wand, waiting for the cool click is like watching batteries charge.
20 bowls has been my average. Again I've not used another 8.4v IH so I've no comparison. It's the first heater with a coil this diameter, 20mm'ish, the others have been 15 and 16mm.
12.6v 2900mah should return 40-50 bowls in my other heaters.

What version do you have @phattpiggie ?
My v00.15 Wand works a treat, does not seem to care where I dip mine to fire, and seems very consistent, the unit does like chewing batteries so I tend to leave my unit on the USC charge when not using it.

Mine also works really well for dv
The click with the Ti tip cools down super quick, longer with the SS

Two heat cycles/draws sometimes 3 and it's done, really good extraction
My PSM doesn't give a lot of vapour on the first hit but the wand does
My PSM also takes quite a few heat cycles to finish the load

Mine also isn't very concerned about how deep I insert dv before it starts
Best results for me though are holding the top of cap about where the glass lip ends if it were sitting on the oil bowl (if that makes sense) and in the centre of wand
Even extraction and nice colour avb there in either tip

@LesPlenty I'm on the same version as you are.
Ok, last thing that may be different...what type of batteries, I use JG HG2, Sony VT6 and Boundless Tera batteries that all perform similarly except the Boundless ones do not quite last as long.

Try the Boundless Tera batteries (did you get some with that unit?) or other high drain batts just for fun as mine make the unit work great...I am just clutching at any straw I can think of to see if your results may change for the better.
Did you get a kit with the stand also..if you did get the stand is it worth the hassle?

1628965968812.png

maybe this is old news, it is new news for me, and at 100 pounds sterling comparatively cheap? sold (& out of stock) in the uk here https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/induction-heaters/products/ufo-portable-induction-heater
id love to get an induction heater at some point, but i dont know the first thing about them & most seem a considerable investment. ill start reading this thread from the beginning maybe. an induction heater is an induction heater is an induction heater?

You can build one pretty cheaply but I have had my Pipes IH for a few years now & it is still running well. So much easier than using a torch especially when couch locked.

d love to get an induction heater at some point,
I use and recommend the Ispire Wand, great for the DV and also quite capable of doing dabs as a bonus!
Shop around for the best price then get Vgoodies to match it...he is good like that :myday:

My Orion 2 going back. This will be the second time.

Not happy with it considering it's price & it's inability to perform like other IH's.

Maybe I received 2 bad
units ?

The Orion 2 units I've had would not produce heavy vapor like Dynavaps other units with out combusting.

It appears they have set it up to direct heat generated by the coils to the tip.

They speak of changes made to help with battery life.
Personally I like being able to replace them on the go.

Personally I like being able to replace them on the go.
Ispire Wand for the win again!

1629085464896.png

So the Ispire Wand uses Ospire batteries, my 'EU' version did not come with batteries...China QC?:doh:

I've made a $10 IH at home
I own a PSM from pipes
I own a wand

The wand wins hands down
Extracts the best, most evenly and can finish a bowl in two hits/heat cycles
Also the DV tends to have the tiniest bit of charring or black in the avb using a torch or the other IH units I have used
The wand does not char at all (unless you overheat obviously)
Has changeable batteries unlike most IH out there
Plus it doubles for tasty dabs

probably a dumb question, but i am still struggling with the concept of IHs. the wand has temperature control - does this make it feasible to use it for temp-stepping with a dv? with a torch you can .. kind of .. depending where you heat & whereabouts the click. everybody seems to like the wand a lot, and with being able to freely move it, it does remind me of using a torch. so does this mean two variables for heating: tempearture & position? is it possible to exhaust a cap at say 180°C then move up to 200°C and get more out of it? would a fixed position (like putting the dv in a cup) make this easier? & are there people who prefer using a dedicated IH like the PSM? i dont think i would ever need the ability to dab with it, but doesnt hurt to have the option. confused post, aplologies.

I like to insert the DV cap just far enough into the coil of the Wand to 'Activate' (the unit that will be shown by a color change that it is actually heating), the next heat cycle I will inset the cap fully to finish.

That said I also like a fully inserted fresh bowl for some monster mouth pulls on an overpacked VC...just like my old spliffs but now without the tobacco. :thumbsup:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back