Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Dynavap And Other Induction Heaters

Is the Dynavap branded IH dead now? It’s been a year since the “leaked” photos.
I'd like to know the inside story on this also. I have been waiting for this for quite some time. Perhaps unlike home artisans, DV feels it must have liability insurance and maybe UL approval before selling (the later often required for the former...or at least it used to be).

I see these all as basically "desktop" type devices.....either tethered to the wall or on batteries they still seem to me to be mainly desktop accoutrements.

So, what's DV's hold up?

i'm excited to soon be a part of the ih world... my @Pipes caldron ih shipped today!

So, what's DV's hold up?

I'd wager it is a bit all of the above. There is a liability risk associated with selling a battery powered heating unit that would incur additional expense. Risk that is not present with Dynavaps current suite of products. The return on investment is not there compared to his far less risky & likely far more profitable operation producing the vaporisers that are used by the heater. It would be great to see a DV unit for sale though. If George did sell one I believe at least 20% of all VC sales would include a IH unit.

not at all ... about a week! @Pipes was easy to work with and prompt with replies to my messages.

Pipes was incredibly easy to deal with & turnaround was super quick considering Canada to Australia has notoriously slow postal service.

Finally put my $9 ($12 with the plastic case) homemade IH together
Works great
Happy for the price most definitely
Makes you wonder how ppl are selling units for $260 AUD

My case is similar size to a psm or a fluxer (from pics)

More of a fluxer design
If I was trying to make one and develop it for sale I think I could make it smaller than ones out there

I made this one finally as I intend to do some glass and vape gifting of my lesser used units soon and one person will be getting a dv
So they get an IH too as I'm not forking 260 out for one they get my homemade jobby

I put a push button switch at the bottom of the coil and it is wired to work just like a psm does via pressing down with the dv cap
I have a glass tube from the tera mp in the coil, I wound the coil tighter/smaller around the glass tube
I trimmed the coil ends to make it a bit shorter to fit in the case
It's all glued in with a glue gun except for the battery pack which friction fits beside the IH unit and slides in and out so batteries can be taken out for charging the n an external charger or replaced if out and about

It works well, quite impressed
It takes a bit longer to heat than the PSM, but as fluxer mentioned when making their own that they found the flavour better with slower heating times - I also think I have found this

Only just tested it a couple of times so not sure how many DVs I will get from a charge

Anyway
I'm not about to head into production at all but definitely think people should look into making their own for $10 AUD from eBay parts if they cannot afford or think that other pre-made ones are far overpriced

Cheers for the parts links ages ago @LesPlenty

Very easy to do and a satisfactory result

Even if it dies in the bum at some point it is so cheap you can just make another one

Hell I could make 26 of these (minus battery price) for the price of my one PSM....

EDIT
I just took the glass tube out as it was taking a bit long to heat up
I put a piece of bamboo down the bottom to cover the button to stop any heat transfer
Works really well now
Just like a bought one :)
20190730_005400.jpg
20190730_002746.jpg
20190730_002812.jpg
20190730_005347.jpg
20190730_002758.jpg

Last edited:
Finally put my $9 ($12 with the plastic case) homemade IH together
Works great
Happy for the price most definitely
Makes you wonder how ppl are selling units for $260 AUD

My case is similar size to a psm or a fluxer (from pics)

More of a fluxer design
If I was trying to make one and develop it for sale I think I could make it smaller than ones out there

I made this one finally as I intend to do some glass and vape gifting of my lesser used units soon and one person will be getting a dv
So they get an IH too as I'm not forking 260 out for one they get my homemade jobby

I put a push button switch at the bottom of the coil and it is wired to work just like a psm does via pressing down with the dv cap
I have a glass tube from the tera mp in the coil, I wound the coil tighter/smaller around the glass tube
I trimmed the coil ends to make it a bit shorter to fit in the case
It's all glued in with a glue gun except for the battery pack which friction fits beside the IH unit and slides in and out so batteries can be taken out for charging the n an external charger or replaced if out and about

It works well, quite impressed
It takes a bit longer to heat than the PSM, but as fluxer mentioned when making their own that they found the flavour better with slower heating times - I also think I have found this

Only just tested it a couple of times so not sure how many DVs I will get from a charge

Anyway
I'm not about to head into production at all but definitely think people should look into making their own for $10 AUD from eBay parts if they cannot afford or think that other pre-made ones are far overpriced

Cheers for the parts links ages ago @LesPlenty

Very easy to do and a satisfactory result

Even if it dies in the bum at some point it is so cheap you can just make another one

Hell I could make 26 of these (minus battery price) for the price of my one PSM....

EDIT
I just took the glass tube out as it was taking a bit long to heat up
I put a piece of bamboo down the bottom to cover the button to stop any heat transfer
Works really well now
Just like a bought one :)
View attachment 11474View attachment 11475View attachment 11476View attachment 11477View attachment 11478
Seriously? That's amazing! Wait until I tell @Madri-Guy he needs to learn to make one for Mom. He's going to be thrilled when he considers how well rounded he will be when he is done.
I'm going to search for the @LesPlenty instructions now...

Last edited:
It's very simple to do
I got two cases for $3 at big W
I might have to get some more parts and make another one now
I can already see improvement I could have done
I just rushed this together
It is just slightly longer than the PSM is tall
Otherwise same.dimensions

And looking at the parts I have and the PSM side by side
The PSM is close to as small as you could get it

Possibly I think I could get one to just larger than battery length and that's it

But the price point is the thing
I like my green tub, the blue led shines through the box when you press the switch and off when the dv is just sitting in it
I need to glue a magnet on top
Seems.to have plenty of battery life too so far
But could swap out if needed on the fly
Good for a gift with a dv for sure
Kind of wish I had saved money on my psm ......

Shareware is careware.....lol

I have faith in @Madri-Guy he shall be able to create for you one of these IH in the case of your choosing @Madri-Gal :)

20190730_032811.jpg
20190730_032814.jpg
20190730_032611.jpg

20190730_033221.jpg
20190730_033156.jpg

Last edited:
It's very simple to do
I got two cases for $3 at big W
I might have to get some more parts and make another one now
I can already see improvement I could have done
I just rushed this together
It is just slightly longer than the PSM is tall
Otherwise same.dimensions

And looking at the parts I have and the PSM side by side
The PSM is close to as small as you could get it

Possibly I think I could get one to just larger than battery length and that's it

But the price point is the thing
I like my green tub, the blue led shines through the box when you press the switch and off when the dv is just sitting in it
I need to glue a magnet on top
Seems.to have plenty of battery life too so far
But could swap out if needed on the fly
Good for a gift with a dv for sure
Kind of wish I had saved money on my psm ......

Shareware is careware.....lol

I have faith in @Madri-Guy he shall be able to create for you one of these IH in the case of your choosing @Madri-Gal :)

View attachment 11480View attachment 11481View attachment 11482
View attachment 11483View attachment 11484
He's thrilled to find out that I put something else on his to do list, I can tell you that. :nod:

i just got my caldron in today and i love it. the first thing is ... it is a lot smaller than i envisioned which is great ... it's the only ih i have tried but it works great! i'll try and post pics tomorrow ... if anyone is on the fence about getting one just do it ... you won't regret it!

thanks @Pipes !

i just got my caldron in today and i love it. the first thing is ... it is a lot smaller than i envisioned which is great ... it's the only ih i have tried but it works great! i'll try and post pics tomorrow ... if anyone is on the fence about getting one just do it ... you won't regret it!

thanks @Pipes !
It's sad to have the will but not the wallet. :cry:
I'm happy your cauldron came, @warren0728. It sounds exciting as well as practical. You seldom see both in the same place. Enjoy in good health. I look forward to hearing about it. :aaaaa:

If I was to buy a desktop again I would get an sjk dental machine from China approx
$60 AUD and it works really well and can do multiple tips at once

If I needed a portable ever again I would make my own as above
Although @Stevenski used the same parts as above and made a desktop too so there you go
I could even make myself or get made by the wood turners in the community a nice case too if really wanted it to look snazzy also

I am starting to feel like the IH biz within the community have been making a good profit of everyone and not really too worried about the community of PEOPLE

Anyway
IH rocks and it is the only way to dv for me :)

Cheapo home jobbies or my psm or my old sjk are all much better ways to DV

Last edited:
They are easy enough to make. One thing I will say about the pipes heating unit he has made a bunch of little changes. Changes that improve on the design & whilst the additional componets cost very little some like the peace of mind offered from buying one out of the box. Personally i have a spare pipes IH i need to get a box made for.

One cool thing @ddave offers is a glass insert to go in the SJH heater so it fits a vapcap better.

There are all sorts of options out there for people from bare bones you can put together at home to custom units costing god knows how much.

Using pre-made out the box is why I own a psm

Is it worth the stupid price put on it?
Nope

Would I prefer 4 sjk with change over a cauldron
Yes

Would I prefer approx 16 (with batteries) homemade jobbies for a portable over a psm
Yup

I get the out of box peace of mind
But if ppl are really trying to "help" a community and make a dollar at the same time it CAN be done without ripping the community off simultaneously

These can be made nicely and profitably but without taking the piss and laughing hilariously all the way to bank

Instead we are having ppl piss in our pockets and call it rain

Occasionally I will take an arse fu$#ing and smile, but if they are not even willing to use lube than its a no go from me a second time....

Never had a go at the quality of ppls work, just questioning the overpriced products - it's not like they have too much effort or exceptional skills in making one

Ed has a skill turning (and sourcing) wood at least - these I could have my nieces and nephews put together for lolly money
The skill has been done in the pre fabbed circuits we buy
It's essentially adult Lego or mecano

I'd much rather share the knowledge and ppl like @Madri-Gal can get @Madri-Guy to make one for her at the price of a hamburger, chips and drink

Reiterating, pipes makes good quality units
Fluxer I don't have but they look good

I don't feel the price point though

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back