Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
(What happened to the cup on the SJK though?)
That is a cork spacer (slice of champagne cork) to keep the heat away from the body of whatever stem I am using and it stops me melting the inside of the IH as the cap just rests on the cork for even repeatable results.

Hahaha Dyna-recorder, les u never cease to surprise us.
If I see any 8mm or so sized hole I automatically think 'Dynavap', you might too now!
I thought a spent rifle casing would make a good stem but I don't have a large enough caliber.

Just watched moderncannabist live stream and George was on revealing new product coming the 27th for black Friday...Glass stems with a 10mm taper and 9 glass bbs inside called BB9 AND a DIY dynavap body builder kit that includes a wooden blank , files, sanding sponge condenser etc to make your own one of a kind dynavap.

I do not like the airy pulls, thick dense mouth pulls always make me bark less than the open airport ones, same with dabs, the less air the better, who needs that shit, that's for breathing!

Hi all.

I mostly use my DV with the airport fully closed mouth pull styles, as it gives me a cooler vapor.
In his broadcasts George often suggests to use it with the airport fully open(I tend to find the vapor harsher this way)

Am I missing out on anything magical like better extraction or is it six of one half dozen of another.
Six of one...for me 95% of the time is thru water, always closed especially with Trates.
Welcome to VA!

Six of one...for me 95% of the time is thru water, always closed especially with Trates.
Welcome to VA!

Responding to The ThriftDrifter (screwed up my multiquote)

I agree...

I'm a little late to the Dynavap party (better late than never) but in my limited experience I perceive a very real difference between my Omni XL and a steel sleeved KG Wood Craft stem set up with the same configuration.

The Omni XL is much more resistant to drawing but is smoother. The KGW stem has noticeably greater air flow and offers a more robust vapor which at times I prefer. Restricting the air flow seems to counter this effect.

I use both regularly.

It seems counter intuitive to me to have a more velvety vapor with less air but either way it's great to have choices.

One of the tidbits I picked up this BF was a 2019 SS tip from PIU. For someone that just wanted a new tip, PIU had the best deal with free shipping.

I had bought a Ti woody and a vong back when the tips were only second generation and outsourced. I never took to them as the draw resistance was significant and the hits were always too hot for me. I couldn't help but continue to follow the DV threads and watch the videos and reviews. I remained captivated by all the attention and great reviews by many posters I respect, as well as the support from the Modern Cannabists. Still, each time I pulled one out to try it, it was a no go for me.

Well here I go again. I just can't understand why these things are so worshipped and yet I can't feel the same way. I feel like I gotta keep trying. So I picked up a new tip and a Robusto stem from @The Rogue Wax Works. I've been told that the functionality of the caps have not changed so I plan on using one of my older caps.

I think I would like an IH, but cost-wise I can't continue to invest in this unless I get hooked on the vc itself. I think I have an honest single flame and possibly a tri-tip around here somewhere. Wish me luck :wink:

Last edited:
I never took to them as the draw resistance was significant and the hits were always too hot for me.
The 4th generation and newer tips allow for greater air flow. But for me the draw resistance is key to a proper mouth pull which in itself cools the vapor. When you get your new tip try pulling vapor into you mouth with the air port covered, like you are drawing liquids into your mouth through a straw. At the end of the draw, uncover the air port and inhale the vapor along with fresh air. You should get a good cloud of tastey cool vapor this way.

Induction heaters are great but not necessary. I enjoy twirling my Vapcap while roasting it with a lighter, usually with a single flame Honest.

Good luck with the new tip!!!

I would like an IH, but cost-wise I can't continue to invest in this
You can make your own solder-free (just a screwdriver)for less than $15 if you have 18650 batteries,
Post 26 on.

One of the tidbits I picked up this BF was a 2019 SS tip from PIU. For someone that just wanted a new tip, PIU had the best deal with free shipping.

I had bought a Ti woody and a vong back when the tips were only second generation and outsourced. I never took to them as the draw resistance was significant and the hits were always too hot for me. I couldn't help but continue to follow the DV threads and watch the videos and reviews. I remained captivated by all the attention and great reviews by many posters I respect, as well as the support from the Modern Cannabists. Still, each time I pulled one out to try it, it was a no go for me.

Well here I go again. I just can't understand why these things are so worshipped and yet I can't feel the same way. I feel like I gotta keep trying. So I picked up a new tip and a Robusto stem from @The Rogue Wax Works. I've been told that the functionality of the caps have not changed so I plan on using one of my older caps.

I think I would like an IH, but cost-wise I can't continue to invest in this unless I get hooked on the vc itself. I think I have an honest single flame and possibly a tri-tip around here somewhere. Wish me luck :wink:

Personally I find that the 2019 M is a bit easier to draw through than the 2018 M.
Mouth pulls a la Squiby are my preferred method of extraction.
I don't know your usage history with your DVs, but I'm a year and half in and still learning.

I think what keeps me in love with them is how they are simple yet versatile and when I get things just right, it makes me smile everytime.

Yeah, if you're used to ripping lung fulls of air with your vapor I can definitely see how some people don't dig the DV methodology. In contrast to my Omni I have an old and much loved Triihouse Daisy which is essentially a dry bong (my old goto). Switching between the the two of them is a challenge because they are so radically different. It's easy to see why cigarette smokers take to Dynavaps so much

Ti tips for me all the way because of their air flow and I really like the fact that they beat up quicker and seem to give a much better extraction leaving me with perfectly dark roasted ABV. Pricey but worth it.

I have a vast collection of torch heater vaporizers. Some are better than others and they all get used. But if I had to narrow it down town single device I'd probably go with my To Omni. Don't give up!

I look forward to more experimenting. I really would like this to work out. I'm still waiting on all the parts to come.

Since my last post here I made another investment. After watching Sneaky Pete and Troy go on about the joys of the Dynacoil, yeah I bought that too. PIY had them on sale. Fact is, almost all of my vaping is rosin and concentrates now. I can see this vapcap being dedicated to conc, as most of my vapes are these days. I'd love another portable vape that doesn't need the use of organic cotton. It's hard to beat the ease of use with my Terp Pen, but if the Dynacoil works as lauded then I'll get ease of use and better flavor I'd imagine.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'll report out on how things are going when shit starts to arrive.

20191203_192353.jpg

My KGWW stem. The image doesn't really capture how exquisite and detailed this piece is.

But for me the draw resistance is key to a proper mouth pull which in itself cools the vapor. When you get your new tip try pulling vapor into you mouth with the air port covered, like you are drawing liquids into your mouth through a straw. At the end of the draw, uncover the air port and inhale the vapor along with fresh air. You should get a good cloud of tastey cool vapor this way.

@Squiby this is a stupid question so sorry. I have to ask because the new tip came today and already my chest muscles are tired from drawing. When you mouth pull, are you only using the negative pressure you generate in your mouth and don't inhale with your diaphragm at all until you release the carb?

I hope my question makes sense. I do understand that the purpose here is not to draw the vapor directly into your lungs at first.

My KGWW stem. The image doesn't really capture how exquisite and detailed this piece is.

Really nice work on that stem. I was checking out what its sitting on. Looks like a sweet granite ashtray with a black magnet embedded inside.

Last edited:
@Squiby this is a stupid question so sorry. I have to ask because the new tip came today and already my chest muscles are tired from drawing. When you mouth pull, are you only using the negative pressure you generate in your mouth and don't inhale with your diaphragm at all until you release the carb?

I hope my question makes sense. I do understand that the purpose here is not to draw the vapor directly into your lungs at first.

Really nice work on that stem. I was checking out what its sitting on. Looks like a sweet granite ashtray with a black magnet embedded inside.
Nice piece and the abv tray caught my eye, too. Hole for a debowler toothpick in the center? Very cool piece!

Thanks guys. A debowler is way more handy than I would've ever expected.

It's resin. WhichI had misgivings about at first. But after dropping it....like I did shooting the below pics I can see the virtues of plastic.

20191203_223051.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back