Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Yes. It's the same diameter as the original Woodies. The Woodie bodies were 45mm long, the stems 62mm long and the addition of a mouthpiece brought the stems to an XL length of 79mm. The blackwood Phattpiggie stem is 90mm. Here they are here.

View attachment 25555

Blackwood Woodie body with mp.

PP blackwood stem.

Black and White Ebony Woodie stem with mp.

Paduak Woodie stem with mp.
I like the way the PP blackwood stem and accents mimic the black and white ebony crowned woodie. Beautiful pieces.

This is my morning set up. A window sill toke among Haworthia Adromiscus and a Pilea globosa.

Pictured is a variable flow Phattpiggie Blackwood stem and turned wood hash jar top. The stand is a heavy hammered copper disc from Andy Capp

20210317_175256.jpg

Hello guys,
I’m an old member of FC, and a new member of Vaporasylum. I havnt been on the forums for a few years because between my omni and vaponic I cured my Vas!

there’s some familiar faces on here that I remember, @Squiby @phattpiggie as well as others, glad to see you guys are still around.

Im just jumping on here to ask you guys whether there is much noticeable difference between the older ti tips and the newer ones in terms of vapour quality/production. I’ve had the email about the new omni/m/vong, and although I havnt felt the need to invest in any new vape goods, I’m intrigued as to whether vapour production has improved over the older tips (I’m more than happy with my current vapes).

for reference I havnt tried the low temp cap/captive cap or anything past maybe 2018? I like the look of the new omni condenser and new features, and the wood on metal vong is beautiful. However personally I prefer wooden stems over the new busy looking metal ones. I’m still rocking an omni with a very early @phattpiggie twist and another omni with an OG Eds TNT wooden body with metal collar. Some of phattpiggies new works are unbelievable!

so basically wondering whether it’s worth it to get my wallet out in terms of vapour quality with the new tips... @Squiby I noticed in your photos it looks like you’re still using some of the older fin tips on your extensive collection?

Hi @Herbalist33

I'm not sure if it's 'worth it' to invest in the new tips/caps. But there have been some changes to the air flow. Whether or not the vapor quality is 'better' is really somewhat subjective. I am sure someone will come along and give you a more specific answer. I just wanted to give you an official welcome you to the asylum. :smile:

Hi @Herbalist33

I'm not sure if it's 'worth it' to invest in the new tips/caps. But there have been some changes to the air flow. Whether or not the vapor quality is 'better' is really somewhat subjective. I am sure someone will come along and give you a more specific answer. I just wanted to give you an official welcome you to the asylum. :smile:

Ahh, @momofthegoons nice to see you again too. Seems like everyone’s still here! Thanks for the welcome.

yeah I kinda figured that regarding the tips. I just wondered whether there’d been a big jump in vapour quality while I wasn’t watching.

if George released a boro glass chambered version with a suitably calibrated cap, now that would be a game changer. The flavour on my vaponic is second to none IMO, because of the all glass. Between the vaponic and omni I’ve been very satisfied microdosing for the last few years.
I still have one of George’s very first glass vapcaps with the glass bowl but havnt used it much because the ti tips came out soon after. I’m sure he could work up a much better version these days.

All the best!

edit: as you can see, I’ve forgotten how to quote as well as post pictures lol

Mod note: posts merged :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Asylum @Herbalist33 !!

I myself have been considering a tip upgrade. I think my newest Ti tip is a 6th generation, several years old, so I'm with you in terms of 'vintage' tips. I do have the more recent SS M tips and the improvements in airflow place them closer to the Ti tips in performance. But in general, I think the performance of one tip over another is minimal at best, but I haven't actually tried the new tips, so who knows?

Pictured are two Honey Bee acrylic and Blackwood stems by @phattpiggie with an @Aezhenn stand and Peaches and Cream bud.

eyegasm.tif
:homer:

I was probably at this tour cuz I went to all of his shows around then. I know I saw him at Harborlights (or whatever fuckin 'entity' owns it now) like 10th row center in Boston between the albums 'Guero' and 'The Information' (or it could've been that and 'Modern Guilt' :smug: .) The Black Keys opened (as an actual duo) but we just hung by the water and got stoned until Beck came on... LOVE this one from 'Midnite Vultures':

(thanks for dredging up the good memories! :smile:)

Last edited:
Ya see the Sense by MAD Heaters? Thread at the other place and on socialized media. (I assume)
Temperature sensing and sweet looking feature set, nice packaging.
Game changer?
I have no idea about which product you speak of... but am very interested.

Please and with all due respect, perhaps this info might also be well served here...:

:peace:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back