Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I'm not seeing any J hooks in stock at TAG and the ones that OGB carries are all different styles. While I can vouch for the quality of OGB's stuff, he is more expensive and if you are looking for a Sherlock type of J hook @Helios the Blackleaf looks like a sweet deal. Even comes with free shipping.

Lol... don't mean to be an enabler.....

I love my Vapcaps and the wonderful respected after market artists that make my Vapcaps unique. All of my experiences within the Dynaverse have been an absolute delight, except for my most recent experience, with the Simrell Collection.

My initial post about a three piece Simrell set I purchased last September was very positive. Unfortunately I now feel that that review is misleading.

I loved the stem, case and stash that I recieved, but after a short time my case and stash looked like this.

k2h2bo.jpg

ruxva0.jpg

1zh381h.jpg

10e0q4h.jpg

Each picture represents a different crack. One of the magnets fell out. The case lid became very loose while the stash lid became too tight to remove with my bare hands.

In November, Simrell promised to replace the stash and case. First he admitted that he used a flawed process, then later claimed that he's never had pieces crack before. Every few weeks I was told that he was busy with the holiday orders. This continued throughout December, January and February. It was always the excuse of being otherwise busy with a backlog and that he'll get to me. He'll get to me...

I asked him to make me another stem along with my replacement pieces and to ship them to me together.

I learned that he had been accepting and fulfilling orders all along. No backlog. Just giving me lip service. People had placed orders which were being made and shipped out in a few days. Then some pressure was applied and he finally sprang into action, claiming to be giving me the favour of placing me at the top of the list....After waiting almost three months! He said he would step up his game and make me a wonderful set and that he was throwing the stem in for free.

When the parcel arrived, I was faced with more disappointment. The stash and case were made with a more simple design compared to the original. The finish, not as fine. The case was bigger while the stem is shorter and the stem didn't match my request as it was made in a different style and didn't have an integrated condenser, a detail which he confirmed it would have before he sent them and it had an air port which I did not want. Based on what I recieved, I would guess that I was sent some rejects that were laying around his workshop. Very disappointing.

I wish I had just requested a refund or better yet not purchased anything from him in the first place. His pieces are very expensive but don't carry the quality or consistency of any of the other after market artists. I feel that he is inexperienced in his craft and that he has a long way to go before he will be able to offer the level of quality we have all come to expect. Very sad.

I love it when you buy something and it turns out better than expected and you get that tickle of joy in your belly and you congratulate yourself for your clever purchase. That's how I felt when I purchased my Vacaps and when I bought my @phattpiggie and @stardustsailor stems. The Simrell experience was at the very other end of the customer service satisfaction spectrum.

I love it when you buy something and it turns out better than expected and you get that tickle of joy in your belly and you congratulate yourself for your clever purchase. That's how I felt when I purchased my Vacaps and when I bought my @phattpiggie and @stardustsailor stems. The Simrell experience was at the very other end of the customer service satisfaction spectrum.

So sorry to hear of your poor experience with Austyn Simrell! I highly suspect you may not be the only one who has been shined on by young Mr. Simrell. I had a less than satisfying experience myself with his "work style". Hopefully those of the larger Dynaverse membership will soon come to understand the potential risks involved with AS`s work!

Thank you for posting about your experience @Squiby. I know how you love your collection of stems and how you've supported the artisan Dynavap community. It's disheartening to hear that you had such a disappointing experience. I'll go ahead and link your post in the Simrell thread so that it is also represented there.

Hello @Squiby

I’m terribly saddened, and utterly surprised, that your experience was such to warrant this sort of review. I do apologize for the time in which it took to replace your Odorless case and odorless stash. I was hoping that the complimentary matching body that I included would’ve been an acceptable token of my apology.

I’m afraid there must’ve been some miscommunication. I never said nor meant to imply that you would be receiving a full replacement order. There was nothing wrong with your stem, so there was no need for it to be replaced. I do know that you were interested in an additional stem, but those details where never finalized. As I mentioned above, the additional body was complimentary and not inteded to be your “new stem.”

Orders throughout the holiday season were much higher than I had anticipated. It’s regretfully true, but not a single piece shipped sooner than 14 days since octobor of last year.

I will admit that due to the overwhelming high demand of my accessories, Ive come to realize that there are improvements that need to be made. It is just me that handcrafts every piece that leaves my shop. I hold Simrell Collection to a high standard and i am implementing new systems so this doesn’t happen.

The Simrell Collection is my sole means to provide for my fiancé and infant child, so I take my integrity in this industry very seriously.

If you are still unsatisfied I will issue you a full refund. If you would like to proceed via this avenue, please message me directly. I would like to find a resolution for this situation and hopefully one day I can earn your business again.

Last edited:
A question for all the VC aficionados here.

Is the 2019 M a vape that you NEED, or more like a vape that you WANT? :thinker:

Putting the collector's drive aside for a minute, can the overall design and performance be that much improved to consider it a MUST HAVE?

I'm thinking it's likely not. Or am I crazy? Mad, I ask you? Mad as a March hare? :rofl:

@Fat Freddy For me the 19 has been my favorite Dynavap. Now I’ve only had an OmniVong, 17m, 18m and shadow. In all of the ones I just mentioned I blocked the carb hole off. With the 19 I don’t need to and actually enjoy using it. The less restrictive airflow along with the new carb hole indicators is a game changer for me. Hope this helps.

A question for all the VC aficionados here.

Is the 2019 M a vape that you NEED, or more like a vape that you WANT? :thinker:

Putting the collector's drive aside for a minute, can the overall design and performance be that much improved to consider it a MUST HAVE?

I've always liked the Ms, but my Ti tipped Vapcaps always won out, until the 19 M. The 2019 upgrades really have proplelled the M into the Ti tipped sphere of excellence. The tip design with its divets and the thicker, deeper, channels have improved the air flow. The stem is not only gorgeous but it has better twirling traction and the air port can easily be felt in the dark. But the main thing is the improved tip design.

I've been using mine for hard hash and I find it as nimble as the ti tipped models. I think it will be the Dynavap star of 2019 and we've only just begun.

Is it worth it? Yes, I think so.

19M looks sexy as hell, love the new serpentine channels on the tip, I think the orders do not ship out until 3/30..
perhaps after that wily planet Mercury goes direct, ill pick one up? Retrogrades are never good times to shop for things, travel plans get weird
it messes with electronics and miscommunication is common.
so I'm told by the Cosmos Gypsies?!:whoa:

The M19 is definitely a want for me, but that's just because of limited monetary funds and priorities. I want it because it's better in every way that matters to me over the M18, which is almost brand new! :)
Rockin' the M18 that MOTG blessed me with, and I'm feeling good.

I think the tip and the improved functionality of the port hole is what I'm most excited about. I struggle to find the hole when I'm using it all the time because I use a lighter so I'm always twisting it. The M19 looks to solve that issue with tactile indicators. Very cool. The grip looks better thant the M18, which is honestly not that great of an upgrade over the M17, which was just a smooth surface. The ridges aren't very pronounced on my M18, I don't know about everyone else.
Happy Capping!

Neither for me. It is a vape I would not say no to but I much prefer Ti tips over S/S & have a gazillion of them alreads as well as a M 2017 & 2018. Now if George starts offering the 2019 tip in Ti I would order in a heartbeat.

On the subject of the M 2019 I think George has just about perfected the M. I might not buy one but I sure as hell would encourage anyone who did not own a VapCap to buy & buy with a quickness. Every innovation made has been a genuine improvement from what I can see.

giphy.gif

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back