Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

A couple years ago there was a big, rough looking racoon that came around regularly. He showed up during the daylight hours and would come up on the deck and challenge anyone there. He was crazy, may have been rabid. After a few terrifying encounters a neighbour took care of him.

I had trouble with raccoons getting into the Guinea run a few years back. But mostly they do no real harm, just will get into anything you got laying around.
Yeah, raccoons and skunks should never be seen in broad daylight (dusk is ok) and are usually quite skittish, that's an almost automatic sign of rabies or some kind of serious illness... very dangerous.

I assume you have "fowl" and not "pigs"...? (a Guinea pig run would be funny...haha)

edit: and here's a pic looking down to the old quarry pond:

F76F2F2B-AFD7-4E5A-A3C9-BF36307AC2F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Getting my daughter used to animals has taken a long time.. we still not quite there..
20210317_181515.jpg

Small steps...
Ferrets next....

@Kellya86 love ferrets had 4 of them stinky little thieves. (spanky would take my house/car keys from my pockets and take off under the sofa with them)
i think the females smell worse then the males. just a heads up when and if you decide.. they get along with almost all other animals so long as the others play nice.

@Kellya86 love ferrets had 4 of them stinky little thieves. (spanky would take my house/car keys from my pockets and take off under the sofa with them)
i think the females smell worse then the males. just a heads up when and if you decide.. they get along with almost all other animals so long as the others play nice.
Yeah i think ferret actually means little thief in greek..
They have been domesticated alot longer than people think.. my last 2 lived to about 12 so thats pretty good.. had 2 females..
Will go for females again, the males jus stink on another level..
Although having to get jill jabs to bring the ladies out of season every year is also a bitch..
They are they perfect pets for me, all the fun of a dog/cat, but they sleep for 20 hours a day.. and i work alot..
And they dont chew cables and can be easily litter trained..
The rats are not so compliant..
But only live 3 years, and are already 2...
Not long till im baby ferret shopping...
Nice to see im not the only one that loves them...

Ferret: verb

1-(of a person) hunt with ferrets, typically for rabbits.
"I could show you how to ferret for rabbits"

Iv done it before when younger, with big working male ferrets.. savage when they catch one and stay in the tunnels with it.. we used to get paid 5 quid per rabbit from local butcher..

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back