Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

IMG_20210317_161546_177.jpg

Roy has been farming.. going self sufficient maybe ???

Hero's come in all shapes and styles.

It was a little hard not to use the laughing smilie for that. The music! :rofl2:

In my old neighborhood, they used to spray for mosquitos. This decrepit truck would drive down the middle of the road spraying Malathion out of the back of it. Used to freak me out. And I noticed there were no bats in the neighborhood after they went by. God only knows how much of it we were all breathing in from it. We went in front of the neighborhood association and got them to stop using the company. The bats came back... and the mosquitos were less of a problem than with the spraying.

Sometimes you can fix stupid. Just got to be well informed and loud lol.

That was very sad.
I feel sick, and am having trouble stopping crying.
Dusty knows I am sad, and he is here, and he keeps licking me.
I am glad you posted this @momofthegoons, but what an unbelievable sin against nature.

Last edited:
I think it is a Fisher. We have them around here. The only time I see them slinking around is at dusk or early in the morning.
I agree, the only other mammal I think it could be is a gray fox... coyote and red fox seem to be taller/leggier: List of mammals of Massachusetts

EDIT: Everyone around here calls them "fisher cats" though they're not cats at all, they're in the weasel family (mustelid).

Last edited:
Definitely not a fox IMO and too long and low for a coyote. Here the coyotes stand much higher and have long skinny legs.

Where about was your sighting? Near the outskirts of a city?
A small suburban city in central mass... plenty of patches of woods around.... actually, just past the "tree line" you see there, it's very steep with big boulders leading down to what looks like an old quarry pond... plenty of nooks and crannies for dens... also, I think that may be it's young you can hear squabbling in the vids.... or, more likely, just the local pack of raccoons that hit the dumpster all night long... they're fun to watch.

A couple years ago there was a big, rough looking racoon that came around regularly. He showed up during the daylight hours and would come up on the deck and challenge anyone there. He was crazy, may have been rabid. After a few terrifying encounters a neighbour took care of him.

I had trouble with raccoons getting into the Guinea run a few years back. But mostly they do no real harm, just will get into anything you got laying around.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back