Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

Usually on the VC RC
But I seem to do so with any water pipe

I'm more of a lightweight, lol. Old lungs I guess, although I'm a big guy with big lungs, I also worked around asbestos, and welded for years. And now have asthma.

Anymore I don't like coughing, if I do, I just stop vaping. Water helps me a lot.

On the smaller pipe I start around 365° then bump it every few hits. And one last hit at 430°F for the final toasty hit.

On the 3d stem, and dry, I start around 360°F and finish about 380° . If that first hit is real terpy I might still cough.

Bottom line though is I'm impressed with the edge. I never really used my F2 with water because I never liked the wpa.

I'm more of a lightweight, lol. Old lungs I guess, although I'm a big guy with big lungs, I also worked around asbestos, and welded for years. And now have asthma.

Anymore I don't like coughing, if I do, I just stop vaping. Water helps me a lot.

On the smaller pipe I start around 365° then bump it every few hits. And one last hit at 430°F for the final toasty hit.

On the 3d stem, and dry, I start around 360°F and finish about 380° . If that first hit is real terpy I might still cough.

Bottom line though is I'm impressed with the edge. I never really used my F2 with water because I never liked the wpa.
I also have asthma, since I was 2
I feel you there
I use the mp dry on 390/395

But through water I use on 430
I've found using rosin helps too as I vape less often which gives the lungs and throat a rest from hot vapour/air

Less raw throat = less coughing

I agree that extra terpy hits can tickle the back of the throat too

Also agree about the F2, I didn't use it a lot towards the end
With the mix of better designed caps and WPA the edge is in high rotation

Ive been testing my edge dry lately with the dimpled glass stem. And im trying to see how low of temperatures I can use. I can get a nice terpene taste without much vapor at 330F, vapor starts around 340F.

I hit it at 340F for a long time before vapor became thin, then bumped it to 350, then 360 and finished at 370.

I did 2 sessions like this. Each took two full five minute cycles. The abv looked pretty dark. The hits retained flavor better than I've ever got off this vape, or the F2 for that matter. The taste fades at 360, becomes just ok, rather than full of flavor, like at 340-350F.

Other than the long ten minute sessions, I think it went well. The buzz was very good. The hits were not dense but still tasted good for much longer than normal. Important for me, zero coughing.

So how is the Edge as far as efficiency and bowl size? How much do yall typically pack in there?
I'm looking to replace my Crafty as my primary vape to use while driving (I drive a lot).

So how is the Edge as far as efficiency and bowl size? How much do yall typically pack in there?
I'm looking to replace my Crafty as my primary vape to use while driving (I drive a lot).
The edge would be good for this
I use it like that sometimes
I'm not sure how much goes in
I now use the caps only and find it works really well
If a mighty/crafty cap takes say .2 - I think an edge cap might take .15?
Chamber no cap maybe .3?

What do think @Shredder ?

Efficiency is really good too I find
I get a nice buzz from one cap through the bong or the mp

One chamber without caps is a really nice hit especially through water

But the hit from a cap is a good dose and if I want a big hit two caps in a row
But I find one does a good job
I am a heavy user too

The avb comes out perfectly even and brown
Nice light brown at 390 MP
Dark brown at 430 through water

It's become one of my DDs, one of the main ones actually

Only thing tweaking my interest for portable is the tinymight because it has on demand, but there is the price being double the edge and it is too new for me to splash on

I really rate the edge and it's a fav of mine, and HR are one of the few manufacturers who don't price gouge and also give free units back to the community for medical patients through @Vitolo

That's more about trying to help people be healthier and stop combusting, not just make a business out of the idea

So many vapes cost an arm and leg

Last edited:
Finally got me one of these babies! Actually I got the POTV one during 4/20 sale, but very similar anyway.
I love using my Simrell vortex stem with this, along with black fat silicone mp covering.
Thanks @Shredder and @felvapes and others for recommending this awesome vape to me. It is cool in so many ways...I even love the little box it came in, perfect size for all my little parts and stuff. :biggrin:

I like to take my Edge with me when I walk with my dogs. Real easy one handed use makes for great walks.
IMG_2055 420 walk with the Edge.JPG

Just broke out my Edge for our walk again. I loaded that puppy up with Amnesia #1. Very happy buzz taste like lemon shortbread. :hungry: Man I dig this little vape. I think it's because I don't have to mess around with it in while walking, very easy to use one handed, easy to clean. I'm not a fan of capsules but if you like them they have them.
I just use a doob tube filled with flower and tap it in. No muss no fuss, or is it no fuss no muss ?:mental:

From the PIU blog... geez... Zakk's nails look almost as good as mine. :dog:

Fury EDGE user guide and cleaning guide

Fury Edge Vaporizer
The Fury Edge is a pocket-size portable powerhouse that packs a real punch! It’s perfect for anyone looking for tasty clouds of vapor on the go! Here's our user friendly guide on how to use and clean it for the best results!

Charging your Fury Edge Your Fury Edge includes a USB-C cable for charging and can be charged with any standard USB to AC adapter, like the ones included with your cell phone. The Fury Edge takes around 80-90 minutes to fully charge from empty. You’ll get anywhere from six to eight bowls per charge depending on your vaping habits! We recommend charging the device for a full two hours before it’s first use to make sure it’s fully juiced up!

Fury_Edge_USB-C_Charging_2048x2048.jpg

Do a burn off We recommend doing a burn off on all new vaporizers! Power it up with 3 clicks to the power button. Remove the mouthpiece and turn it up to max temperature (430F). Let the device sit for a full five minute cycle. This is the best way to remove any potential factory oils leftover during the manufacturing process.

Fury_Edge_Auto_Shut_Off_2048x2048.jpg

Removing the Mouthpiece The default mouthpiece is easy to remove. Hold the device with your thumb over the screen and press against the lip of the mouthpiece, away from the body of the device. The leverage of your thumb should pop the mouthpiece right off! You can put it back on by doing the same thing in reverse. Line up the base of the mouthpiece, then push it against the side wall of the Fury Edge to lock it into place. Remove the glass accessory attachement with more care to avoid damaging the glass pieces. There are three ridges on the side of the mouthpiece - hold onto these with your thumb and forefinger and pull away from the device to remove the mouthpiece. The glass accessories themselves just slide in and out of the attachment for easy cleaning, and are held in place via an o-ring inside the attachment.

Fury_Edge_Remove_Mouthpiece_2048x2048.jpg

Accessory Options The glass accessory attachment is versatile and offers multiple different ways to use your Fury Edge! The included glass mouthpiece tastes fantastic and feels great on the lips. You can upgrade it to a 3D Airflow stem for customizable color options and smoother vapor! If you’re looking for even smoother vapor, check out the bubbler or the water pipe adapter - water cooling is one of the best ways to enjoy your new vape!

Fury_Edge_Accessories_2048x2048.jpg

Pack it The Fury Edge works best with a full chamber of finely ground herbs! If you’re having trouble loading the oven, try folding a business card in half and using it to pour your herb in! You can also use a scoop tool like our Delta 3D Scoop. Tap the side of the device a few times to ease the herb into place without directly tamping the herb down. A full oven or dosing capsule works best in the Fury Edge! The dosing capsules are also a great way to keep your oven clean and to carry multiple bowls on the go!

How_to_Pack_Fury_Edge_2048x2048.jpg

How to use Power your Fury Edge device on with three clicks to the power button. Once it’s on, you can select your temperature with the up and down buttons on the device. You can flip the display screen by holding the power button for three seconds - choose whichever direction is comfortable for you! If you press and hold the Power and Temperature Down buttons, you can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures. Your device should vibrate when it warms up! You can give it a rip once your device is packed and warmed up to your desired temperature! Long, deep pulls on the Fury Edge around 10 seconds long produce the best results. A slower to medium speed draw works best on the Fury Edge, as the device’s more open airflow and powerful heater work in conjunction to fully vaporize your herbs! The Fury Edge has a temperature range of 320F - 430F. We like to start off around 365F for some great flavor, while gradually working our way up to around 415F at the end of the bowl to polish it off. Experiment with temperatures and figure out what you like best! Lower temperatures will taste the best, while higher temperatures will start to taste a little funky and burnt towards the end. Higher temperatures will also produce bigger clouds of vapor and further extract your herbs when compared to lower temperatures.

Fury_Edge_Tutorial_2048x2048.jpg

How to use liquid materials There’s two different techniques to use liquid materials in your Fury Edge! You can use the included oil pad by placing it in the chamber of the device and loading a small amount of liquid material to it, the size of half a grain of rice or so. Oils vaporize at higher temperatures than herb so I recommend turning it up to the max temp of 430F for a pure session! You can also do the “sandwich method” for liquid materials, which is our preferred method for most dry herb vaporizers! Load a small amount of herb in the oven (about a third to a half) and then add a small amount of oil on top. Sprinkle more herb on top of that to fill the rest of the bowl and you have yourself a sandwich! Liquid materials can stretch your herb bowls further and produce larger, thicker rips of vapor - they’re an awesome addition for any vape connoisseur!

Fury_Edge_Remove_Screen_2048x2048.jpg

Auto Shut-Off Timer The Fury Edge has a built-in 5 minute auto shut-off timer to preserve your battery and material. If you aren’t finished with your session, feel free to power the device back on with three clicks to keep the session going!

Emptying the Device Once your session is finished, pop off the mouthpiece and clean out your oven! I like to use the included metal poke tool to scoop the oven out, and then brush it out with the included brush. If you’re on the go, you can blow through the back of the device to empty out the oven! Brushing out your oven after every bowl will keep everything looking spiffy!

Clean_Fury_Edge_2048x2048.jpg

How to clean the Fury EDGE
Cleaning Supplies:

Cotton Swabs

Alcohol-safe container (glass works great!)

Paper Towels

91% or higher Isopropyl Alcohol

Two quarts of elbow grease

Fury_Edge_Cleaning_Supplies_2048x2048.jpg

Cleaning the Fury Edge is a breeze! Pop off the mouthpiece and remove the screen assembly.

You can remove the screen from the o-ring and clean the o-ring with hot water. Clean the screen itself with some isopropyl alcohol!

Clean your plastic mouthpiece with good ol’ hot water and a little dish soap if needed. Bust off any gunk that’s stuck in the nooks and crannies with a cotton swab!

Remove the glass mouthpiece from the accessory attachment and soak in isopropyl alcohol. Any other glass accessories like the 3D airflow stem, WPA and bubbler can all be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol too!

If your Fury Edge oven is dirty, turn it up to max temperature (430F) and let it warm up. Then you can gently swab the oven with a cotton swab and a drop of isopropyl alcohol. I recommend using only a drop or two of isopropyl alcohol to prevent any dripping into the device. Perform a burnoff for one or two cycles after cleaning with alcohol.

Received my Fury Edge today & I am quite impressed so far. It is no Mighty but for a discreet pocketable vape it really does appear to deliver.

The capsules are really nice quality & solid. All abv has been consistent with even colour. Not the heaviest rips by any means but satisfying. For the money it seems to hit the spot.

Hits pretty well imo
Through a bong it hits even better
One of my most used vapes out of my entire collection
I've recently given 3 people the tour of all my vapes and two out of three have been converted and have chosen to buy the edge of all of them given performance/value for money

They both also are considering a dynavap, but second to the edge

My F2 was my 'commuter' vape for a year+ until it started having issues so I stuck it in a drawer. Fast forward several months, the F2 wasn't doing me any good in a drawer so I contacted HR. I sent it in for evaluation and they offered me the lifetime half price warranty so I upgraded to the Edge. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I definitely prefer it over my old F2.

The bigger battery gives me much more flexibility in use - the tiny F2 battery just couldn't keep up. Haptic feedback is a nice feature since the OLED screen is totally unreadable in outside daylight. General use is away from home so for stealth and form factor the native mp that fits the silicone sleeve gets the most use. I like the glass mp a lot but I'm in an unfriendly state so I need to remain under the radar as much as possible.

My F2 was my 'commuter' vape for a year+ until it started having issues so I stuck it in a drawer. Fast forward several months, the F2 wasn't doing me any good in a drawer so I contacted HR. I sent it in for evaluation and they offered me the lifetime half price warranty so I upgraded to the Edge. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I definitely prefer it over my old F2.

The bigger battery gives me much more flexibility in use - the tiny F2 battery just couldn't keep up. Haptic feedback is a nice feature since the OLED screen is totally unreadable in outside daylight. General use is away from home so for stealth and form factor the native mp that fits the silicone sleeve gets the most use. I like the glass mp a lot but I'm in an unfriendly state so I need to remain under the radar as much as possible.
This is how I use it too
In an illegal country so I use the mp without glass also
Looks more ecig like and passes as such
I like the edge on a bong too for a quick hit, although lately it has been the vleaf go or a GH on water when the WS isn't turned on

I use the new caps too and like them a lot
I didn't like the old f2 caps but the new solid ones are great and especially useful for out and about loading in unfriendly environments

From PIU.....

fury_edge_teardown_main.png

Fury EDGE Teardown​

Hello there and thanks for tuning into another exciting teardown!

We take apart vaporizers so you can see what they look like on the inside.

By the way, ripping your vaporizer into pieces completely voids your warranty.

FURY EDGE​

The EDGE is one of our most popular vaporizers and rightfully so.

• 40% larger battery than the competition
  • Stainless Steel airpath, chamber and heating element
  • Extended airpath to make the vapor smoother
  • USB-C charging
  • Simple operation with lots of features
  • Thick outer shell that can take a beating
Those are just some of the features in the EDGE. However like all vaporizers, it's what's inside that counts.

So lets get this vape opened up and see what its made of

fury_edge_teardown_mouthpiece.png

The mouthpiece snaps into place.

fury_edge_teardown_mouthpiece_parts.png

Ripped apart you can see the mouthpiece core is a glass tube.

Above the glass there is a black piece of silicone which cushions the glass for shock-absorption and also redirects the air to the tip of the mouthpiece

Below the glass you have another silicon cushion for more of that shock-absorption

And a screen with a silicone ring to keep the connection between the mouthpiece and base airtight

fury_edge_teardown_screen_cover.png

The LCD screen has a vanity cover that tints the actual display

fury_edge_teardown_screen.png

Below the display there are two screws that connect the chassis to the shell

fury_edge_teardown_chassis_removal.png

fury_edge_teardown_buttons.png

Buttons, you know what buttons do......

fury_edge_teardown_outer_chassis.png

The chassis has a divider wall that separates your electronics from the chamber.

fury_edge_teardown_shell.png

The outer shell is kirksite with a rubberized layer, which looks sexy and makes the EDGE easier to grip.

fury_edge_teardown_battery.png

20600 LiPo Battery​

The upgraded 265000 9.6 what hour Lithium Polymer is one of the major improvements over the upgrades from the original Fury 2, which has a 40% smaller battery.

fury_edge_teardown_circuitry_front_back.png

The Display is also similar to the fury 2 however it does have some important upgrades, such as the USB-C Charging, addition of haptic feedback (it vibrates) and updated firmware

fury_edge_teardown_chamber.png

fury_edge_teardown_chamber_seperated.png

fury_edge_teardown.png

The stainless steel air-path and heating element are insulated with a cotton wrap and the outer housing.

There is a small piece of dielectric tape wrapped around the outside of the airpath, this adhesive-free tape holds the thermometer probe next to the chamber

fury_edge_teardown_stainless_steel_chamber.png

This stainless Steel parts are pressure fitted into place, making them nice and secure, also a pain in the arse to rip apart.

fury_edge_teardown_guage.png

It took a little work with the dremel and some prying apart with pliers to get these parts opened up.

It was worth it though, now we can see the stainless steel heating element

Aside from a small ceramic piece that directs airflow, the entire chamber is metal, mostly stainless steel except for a small ring that holds the parts into place.

fury_edge_teardown_heating_element.png

Conclusion​

We like well built vaporizers and in our opinion the Fury EDGE is one of the better examples.

That being said, we are here to start the conversation, not finish it.

Did we miss anything? Do you have any questions we haven't answered yet?

Did they say one of the better examples of a well built vape?
That is PIU we all trust ay....

Just checking after all the "can't compare cheap Chinese factory mass produced vapes like HR to others" in the price "discussion"

I do rate this vape among others in various price ranges
Although for once in a long time it has been seeing less use recently at home with water sports due to IO batteries coming in and working and the WS
Also GO testing

The edge is still in use for outings regularly though with the caps and native mp

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back