Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

I see, or actually, don't see the picture I copied from here on FC anymore, now there is just a picture with a cross on it, oh well, I tried.

What exactly is the concern? That the silicone is discolored? I saw the posts @LesPlenty and @Moses Baca posted on FC, but you guys didn’t actually tag HR! I am happy to triple down (along with tagging them) but I am still not completely sure what the question/concern is.

Here is their response

Hi All, Just to reassure everyone, we have vigorously tested countless food-grade silicone materials used to make our O-ring seals. We chose this silicone for its most inert properties as far as health, smell, taste, and durability. All silicone is somewhat permeable and will retain some smells and discoloration with use, especially when exposed to heat, cleaners, and herbs. If you are experiencing discoloration, it is purely cosmetic and poses no heath risk. The silicone we use is completely inert, is food-grade, and 100% non-toxic. Further, our devices are RoHS certified for your health and safety - please see our Health & Safety page for more information: https://www.healthyrips.com/health.html

Here is their response

Hi All, Just to reassure everyone, we have vigorously tested countless food-grade silicone materials used to make our O-ring seals. We chose this silicone for its most inert properties as far as health, smell, taste, and durability. All silicone is somewhat permeable and will retain some smells and discoloration with use, especially when exposed to heat, cleaners, and herbs. If you are experiencing discoloration, it is purely cosmetic and poses no heath risk. The silicone we use is completely inert, is food-grade, and 100% non-toxic. Further, our devices are RoHS certified for your health and safety - please see our Health & Safety page for more information: https://www.healthyrips.com/health.html
So, like a whip they get stained and absorb reclaim a bit
Like the mighty orings need replacing over time as they break down and stretch etc
The mighty has been medically tested too

So I guess it's a "trust" thing that they are safe
But I'm guessing they are as safe as most our vapes that have silicone somewhere in the seals department at minimum

Hope this helps ease @elykpeace concerns
I'll keep using my edge for now with that info

Cheers to people who put the question to HR over there and got a reply

My silicon seals in my F2 still look like new, I only use the wpa, so they should! I am glad HR got back, they are great to deal with as a rule.

OK, saw an opening and asked, I can already imagine the response ...We don't allow material safety to be discussed in the thread, your post has been moved to the Material safety thread where it will be safely stored away where nobody will see it...hehe

yeah about that .. sorry @felvapes but with a name like "healthy toke" it's most likely something they won't address and won't be anytime soon

yeah about that .. sorry @felvapes but with a name like "healthy toke" it's most likely something they won't address and won't be anytime soon
Did you see there was a response from them?

@Shredder posted above

Almost every vape has silicone in the path
And a whip gets stained the same way - no heat involved there

GH has a plastic looking piece in the chamber - probably silicone to insulate between circuits
It also stains

At any rate HR did respond
It's just whether you trust the response as much as you do all the other vapes with plastic and silicone in the construction and airpath

I mean
Even the DV has orings that can deteriorate over much time

Did you see there was a response from them?

@Shredder posted above

Almost every vape has silicone in the path
And a whip gets stained the same way - no heat involved there

GH has a plastic looking piece in the chamber - probably silicone to insulate between circuits
It also stains

At any rate HR did respond
It's just whether you trust the response as much as you do all the other vapes with plastic and silicone in the construction and airpath

I mean
Even the DV has orings that can deteriorate over much time
None of those vapes use silicone as a heat sync tho.. we used to scrutinize companies more. Ms data sheets from boundless on live streams.. whenever a company throws shade I just don't give them more of my money... No silicone in the timber elite.. I'm sure an oring somewhere in the fw5.. I've never tasted silicone in cannabis before the fury I tell you that much .. and if they haven't change the design... Well that would mean it would prob taste off still. I'm fine I should stay off these threads

I never had any trouble with smell apart from new shoe smell when I first opened the box, I only ever use the wpa though, not so much the stinky blue silicon but the native mouthpiece was/is a PITA to clean properly, even with an ultrasonic cleaner about the only one worse than a Mighty CU, at least that cools for its plastic taste!

None of those vapes use silicone as a heat sync tho.. we used to scrutinize companies more. Ms data sheets from boundless on live streams.. whenever a company throws shade I just don't give them more of my money... No silicone in the timber elite.. I'm sure an oring somewhere in the fw5.. I've never tasted silicone in cannabis before the fury I tell you that much .. and if they haven't change the design... Well that would mean it would prob taste off still. I'm fine I should stay off these threads
It's not a heat sink, it's a seal to make airtight and isolate the airpath from the plastic
The mighty orings are directly in the air path except one that is directly on the bowl - just like the F2

The grasshopper if you look has the plastic looking bit in between the outer and inner walls which is probably a silicone insulator
It is directly around the chamber and would get Hella hot and is involved in the airpath

My edge does not taste funny from straight out the box
No airing needed like my F2 did

I believe the smell/taste to be not from the silicone seal
But from the casing around the heat chamber and under it as an air source

I blew backwards as a burn off on the edge (without silicone in place) and the smell was brief but came out bottom

I always smelled it at the bottom

I also had some taste at first on the f2 even through the glass WPA - no silicone seal in place with the F2 WPA

So any smells or tastes come from elsewhere in the path not the silicone if you are to be concerned at all

But my edge didn't have this issue at all and it went away in the F2 before I gave it away

I do think though if you are still concerned that you focus on where the issue may be coming from
I'm satisfied it isn't the silicone ( my silicone oven cookware is rated to higher temps than my vapes go)

If there is an issue it's in the vape and airpath itself I believe and if you aren't happy, that is where you should look to for finding an answer imo

Anyway
I think it's great to bring issues up
You were not shut down - motg emailed
A number of people helped on fc and got a response

No one is having a go for you asking
I had smell issues on the f2 also and was interested when you mentioned this

I do feel safe enough using my edge for now though and will keep an eye on discussions etc

At any rate we now have a public response from them and it was not ignored

If anyone does get sick from a fury we have a promise it was good as responsibility to customers

Only other concern I could have is that it came from a Chinese factory and how do we know they are truthful
But with HR saying in public THEY tested it we have them to hold accountability

I'm taking a calculated risk for now
It's gotta be better than the rubber garden hose stem plastic bongs I used to smoke out of

EDIT
@LesPlenty I have found the mp very easy to maintain
Esp with the us cleaner
US cleaner makes mighty easy too
But it sucks without to clean

Last edited:
Not at all.... your concerns are valid. And if you taste the silicone... then you have an issue with the vape. That's understandable.

Please don't ever feel you can't have a voice here about your concerns.
Yes it's good to raise concerns and share personal experience

Without you raising issues we would not have got them to respond publically at all

If there is health issues in the future we have HR to hold accountable, this is thanks to you @elykpeace and others helping to address your concerns

I also think if you wish to keep looking for the issue then we are closer to it

As I now am pretty sure the flavour problem is coming from lower in the airpath and not the silicone

But that's just me going off all the info as we collect it and my experience using the old F2 with no silicone

Not at all.... your concerns are valid. And if you taste the silicone... then you have an issue with the vape. That's understandable.

Please don't ever feel you can't have a voice here about your concerns.
I just had these issues years ago now and nothing has changed. Not the threads in general and I don't feel called out or whatever but under healthy rips and want to come in and check the status of my peevs with the vape being that it is so popular and it it's the same. Just need to stay out of healthy rips threads. I feel very welcome to express my feelings not like forgotten combustion haha

@felvapes in the stock mp on the top where you breathe there is a clear silicone disk that I guess is to make the seam airtight however it acts as a heatsync not sure if that was the intention but the stream of hot vapor hits the silicone disk and then into your mouth.

It's my bday I need to party! Have a great day everyone at the asylum!

Happy birthday @felvapes ! I’ll have one in your honor!
It's not my bday mate but thank you anyway
It's @elykpeace bday
Happy bday mate

Still say the smell/taste is from elsewhere as it's there with WPA and no silicone
Detective stuff

And the other ones I listed are deemed safe and have bits on heaters too

Anyway bud I hope ya have a good bday!! !! Will have a vape for you (not from the edge) all the way over here in ausland
Salutations

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back