Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Making do with what I have pt 1

Scoped the trichomes last night, still mostly clear so began feeding jacks pro at 1/2 tsp per gallon, I did add in PH down to 6.2. The blue fert water looks refreshing. Looking like perhaps flush starts next week.
The last part is the roughest to wait through, isn't it? Except for the drying...and the curing...
I be like, it's been an hour since I checked, mebbe they are milky now...is that amber?!!

Last edited:
The last part is the roughest to wait through, isn't it? Except for the drying...and the curing...
I be like, it's been an hour since I checked, mebbe they are milky now...is that amber?!!

Yes, almost as bad as week 1 - 3! So many steps, so much care, so much time but then it's like summer break.

3rd day of feeding jacks, 2nd day no PH down, plants seem to have not missed a beat going from completely different fertilizer, NPK's and PH. Could be it's only been 3 days, could also be it didnt cause any visual stress. I can tell the ADL girls are starting to get close to ripening, the white hairs seem to be stopping and the buds seem to be foxtailing more and starting to get that frosty look you dont get when a plant is harvested early.

20190531_071102.jpg
20190531_071129.jpg
20190531_071149.jpg
20190531_071159.jpg
20190531_071221.jpg
20190531_071239.jpg
20190531_071248.jpg

Started to flush these ADL girls on Sunday, felt like they were about where I wanted them harvest wise. So far the fade is just now starting on the big girl, the stunted ADL has a bit more nutrients built up I guess. She's a bit greener. Anyway, I'm going to keep feeding regular tap water, no PH down, been watering every day once they start getting more yellow I'll reduce the watering before I chop them down. The buds are really foxtailing out and stacking calyx ontop of calyx. Frost doesn't seem to be getting any denser but the buds seem to be swelling due to the foxtailing. So far very impressed with this strain and wanna give it another shot down the road, perhaps defoliate a good bit as this is one leafy cultivar. I'm sure most of the buds below the lower tops haven't developed much but we'll see once it all dries out. May just end up with a fair bit of immature/mids on this one.

ADL big girl
20190605_192555.jpg

20190605_192606.jpg

20190605_192713.jpg

ADL stunted girl
20190605_192630.jpg

20190605_192619.jpg

20190605_192658.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks mom and madri-gal, these girls got the benefits of blooming later so I didn't mess em up. Really wish I topped both of em, but yes the main cola on the big girl is unbelievable. I can't wait until harvest to compare it with a 2L bottle. I checked a lot of grow journals and this is somewhat typical of this cultivar! Very citrusy as well, just lovely plants all around.

Sunshine mix 4 aggregate plus 3.8 cu/ft bale is here. I'm ready for the next level.

Thanks mom and madri-gal, these girls got the benefits of blooming later so I didn't mess em up. Really wish I topped both of em, but yes the main cola on the big girl is unbelievable. I can't wait until harvest to compare it with a 2L bottle. I checked a lot of grow journals and this is somewhat typical of this cultivar! Very citrusy as well, just lovely plants all around.

Sunshine mix 4 aggregate plus 3.8 cu/ft bale is here. I'm ready for the next level.

Remind me, what's adl stand for? I'm drawing a blank.

:drooling: Looks like a bumper crop of first-rate buds! All autos? Considering some of your earlier difficulties, what do you think was most helpful (gear, genetics, advice, whatever)?

Starting to think about another grow. (For no good reason.) US Labor Day is a good time to plant.

Thanks @Disrupt ! Yes these were all autos, next run is all photos! Hmmm, that's a tough question, I think having the lessons learned from my last effort was probably the most helpful as it always seems to be thus far. I was grateful for all the advice I got in the thread, and I would probably weigh that as a close second, it's nice to have a community to brainstorm and troubleshoot with. The gear I think was marginal differences going from 600W HID to 500W LED, though I am willing to put this 500W LED up against a 600W HPS and think it'd outperform it! Could be wrong! :wink:

The genetics I've been picking seem to be hit or miss, varying phenos, the indica autoflowers are terrible yielders though that auto blueberry is probably the most potent of the batch as far as I've sampled.

Thanks @Disrupt ! Yes these were all autos, next run is all photos! Hmmm, that's a tough question, I think having the lessons learned from my last effort was probably the most helpful as it always seems to be thus far. I was grateful for all the advice I got in the thread, and I would probably weigh that as a close second, it's nice to have a community to brainstorm and troubleshoot with. The gear I think was marginal differences going from 600W HID to 500W LED, though I am willing to put this 500W LED up against a 600W HPS and think it'd outperform it! Could be wrong! :wink:

The genetics I've been picking seem to be hit or miss, varying phenos, the indica autoflowers are terrible yielders though that auto blueberry is probably the most potent of the batch as far as I've sampled.
Do you prefer photo, or are you alternating?

Do you prefer photo, or are you alternating?

I do, and I tend to grow about 50/50. I had 4 photos and 1 auto last time. Think that auto got me wanting to do another auto run since the flower turned out really good.

Next I'm wanting to do LST and scrog. Autos just aren't cut out for that much topping so back to photos.

6 days flushing with just well water, no PH adjustment. The bigger girl has been yellowing since about day 2, the stunted girl is still pretty green. Going to harvest both of these soonish just hoping the stunted girl will fade a little more first.

ADL's, these LED's are insane...
20190608_072422.jpg

ADL big girl top cola
20190608_073055.jpg

ADL big girl side colas
20190608_072436.jpg

ADL stunted girl main cola
20190608_072508.jpg

ADL stunted girl side colas
20190608_072458.jpg

6 days flushing with just well water, no PH adjustment. The bigger girl has been yellowing since about day 2, the stunted girl is still pretty green. Going to harvest both of these soonish just hoping the stunted girl will fade a little more first.

ADL's, these LED's are insane...
View attachment 9900

ADL big girl top cola
View attachment 9904

ADL big girl side colas
View attachment 9901

ADL stunted girl main cola
View attachment 9903

ADL stunted girl side colas
View attachment 9902
Quite impressive. Autoflower have come along way in a short time. They seem more like a good choice than ever, as your impressive crop demonstrates.

Quite impressive. Autoflower have come along way in a short time. They seem more like a good choice than ever, as your impressive crop demonstrates.

Dutch passion has put a lot of effort into their yields on the autofems to insure the grower has a nice harvest. I've grown some of the L, XL and XXL. The XXL's can yield over 5oz each indoors under 600w. Can fit 4 of those in a 4x4 tent, not a bad haul for autos!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back