Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Making do with what I have pt 1

Thanks @Madri-Gal the ADL's are the saving grace I think as I didn't get the opportunity to sabotage them with the lockouts. My nutrients are running out so I am confident switching over to the jacks professional balanced simple ferts should see them through healthily.

Still getting the jars down...Wish I would have waited another couple days on drying. 68% jarred for 12h, now jars with lids open for 90 mins.

You could try an in between step of using paper bags. After destemming buds I use paper bags. It's pretty simple. A tight bag dries slow, and an open bag speeds things up.

It allows you to have a little more control before jarring.

You could try an in between step of using paper bags. After destemming buds I use paper bags. It's pretty simple. A tight bag dries slow, and an open bag speeds things up.

It allows you to have a little more control before jarring.

That's exactly what I did :thumbsup: I do the paper bag to get em down around 65%, then from there I just open the lids on the jars and let them air. Usually 2h intervals. Works great!

Skunk #1 auto later bloomer moved to a cool dark location to await chop. Been flushing for about 5 days now.

20190523_082630.jpg

20190523_082647.jpg

20190523_082732.jpg

Tops
20190523_082703.jpg

Mids
20190523_082715.jpg

Auto orange bud been hanging for 13 days, most of the fan leaves were defoliated after they became brittle, about ready to start trimming.
20190527_070657.jpg

Skunk #1 later bloomer, the majority of the dead brown foliage was removed, still working on it.
20190527_070744.jpg

ADL's in the tent, wish I had a 2x4" tent to move these into, using twice as much light as I need.
20190527_065816.jpg

ADL big girl top cola
20190527_070026.jpg

ADL big girl cola next to 1/2 gallon jar
20190527_065923.jpg

ADL big girl side colas
20190527_070014.jpg

ADL early stunted girl top cola, foxtaily! Love seeing this, usually means high sativa since this is a genetic trait not from high heat (tent temps in the low 70's)
20190527_065837.jpg

ADL stunted girl side colas, chunky tops
20190527_070005.jpg

20190527_065955.jpg

AN PH Perfect Sensi Coco Bloom Part A & B is almost gone, been feeding these two plants between 3/4-1ga of nutrient water every day due to their feeding. Probably going to start flushing in the next week, also thinking they will be chopped in 2, will have to see how they ripen, sativas be slow =/

Auto orange bud been hanging for 13 days, most of the fan leaves were defoliated after they became brittle, about ready to start trimming.
View attachment 9560

Skunk #1 later bloomer, the majority of the dead brown foliage was removed, still working on it.
View attachment 9561

ADL's in the tent, wish I had a 2x4" tent to move these into, using twice as much light as I need.
View attachment 9562

ADL big girl top cola
View attachment 9563

ADL big girl cola next to 1/2 gallon jar
View attachment 9564

ADL big girl side colas
View attachment 9565

ADL early stunted girl top cola, foxtaily! Love seeing this, usually means high sativa since this is a genetic trait not from high heat (tent temps in the low 70's)
View attachment 9566

ADL stunted girl side colas, chunky tops
View attachment 9567

View attachment 9569

AN PH Perfect Sensi Coco Bloom Part A & B is almost gone, been feeding these two plants between 3/4-1ga of nutrient water every day due to their feeding. Probably going to start flushing in the next week, also thinking they will be chopped in 2, will have to see how they ripen, sativas be slow =/
Many happy hours you got there @psychonaut . Great job on your grow. :clap: :weed: :clap:

You are an inspiration. Except when I compare my pitiful plants to your lush grow... :cry:
Will you stick to Autogrow, do you think? You did well with them. :headbang:

Yours are looking great! Since I seem to be getting about 2-3% higher yields on photoperiods compared to autos, though these autos are proving to be very high yielders, it's starting to become a tossup for me! Since I extract the resin from the flower for the majority of what I use for medicine, I'm trading potency for yields I think. Since I just get used to my own medicine I really dont even know what 25+ % flower feels like anymore. Part of me wants to experiment more with the ADL's, I still have 4 of those seeds left and I think both of mine were the same pheno. That variety can be topped and trained and I think you would see a massive increase in yield. Autos have some benefits that photos dont have. It's a tough question =/

My last round of seeds were regular or feminized photo periods, no autos, so heading in that direction so I can work on sustainability since the autos cant be revegged.

I need to work on some light leaks in my tent, which brings me back to the easymode of autos, they dont generally hermie or throw bananas if there is small light leak like a photo period can.

One other problem I have with autos are, if you get short plant/fast blossomer, they dont really produce much. My auto blueberry is only maybe 18", very low yielder =/

All that being said, strategically I think they are the best thing since sliced bread, and for an outdoor grower they are a blessing since they can be started indoors usually a month before last frost, then moved outside to finish, you can probably get 2 auto harvests during 1 photo harvest in warm climates? My longest auto so far is this ADL, germinated on around the first of Feb and still not done in the end of may.

Wowsers psychonaut that cola is huge...

Love it :thumbsup:

Thanks, I am guessing the top cola alone is going to weigh over an ounce on that plant :biggrin: Smell is very citrusy with skunky undertones. If it werent for potency testing I'd recommend this strain for anyone to grow that is after a sativa auto variety. Very productive at least with this pheno!

Yours are looking great! Since I seem to be getting about 2-3% higher yields on photoperiods compared to autos, though these autos are proving to be very high yielders, it's starting to become a tossup for me! Since I extract the resin from the flower for the majority of what I use for medicine, I'm trading potency for yields I think. Since I just get used to my own medicine I really dont even know what 25+ % flower feels like anymore. Part of me wants to experiment more with the ADL's, I still have 4 of those seeds left and I think both of mine were the same pheno. That variety can be topped and trained and I think you would see a massive increase in yield. Autos have some benefits that photos dont have. It's a tough question =/

My last round of seeds were regular or feminized photo periods, no autos, so heading in that direction so I can work on sustainability since the autos cant be revegged.

I need to work on some light leaks in my tent, which brings me back to the easymode of autos, they dont generally hermie or throw bananas if there is small light leak like a photo period can.

One other problem I have with autos are, if you get short plant/fast blossomer, they dont really produce much. My auto blueberry is only maybe 18", very low yielder =/

All that being said, strategically I think they are the best thing since sliced bread, and for an outdoor grower they are a blessing since they can be started indoors usually a month before last frost, then moved outside to finish, you can probably get 2 auto harvests during 1 photo harvest in warm climates? My longest auto so far is this ADL, germinated on around the first of Feb and still not done in the end of may.

Thanks, I am guessing the top cola alone is going to weigh over an ounce on that plant :biggrin: Smell is very citrusy with skunky undertones. If it werent for potency testing I'd recommend this strain for anyone to grow that is after a sativa auto variety. Very productive at least with this pheno!
It gives me hope that you have one that's taking awhile. If I grow autoflower again, I won't go with random seeds. If I pick a named plant, I can look up what to expect. Still, it's my first auto grow, and there is time left for those I have going. My guess is I'll try again next year, since I seem to be making plans for it.

It gives me hope that you have one that's taking awhile. If I grow autoflower again, I won't go with random seeds. If I pick a named plant, I can look up what to expect. Still, it's my first auto grow, and there is time left for those I have going. My guess is I'll try again next year, since I seem to be making plans for it.

I've been spending a lot of time browsing growjournal.com There are a lot of full harvest journals that show week by week details on the grow so you can compare the breeders time line vs the various phenos journaled. ADL was listed at 11 weeks seed to harvest, but journals are showing 14-15. I've found some journals very similar results, gives me a little idea what to look for.

IDK how that translates to outdoors as most of the journals are indoors with 18-20hrs light usually. I've heard less light hours translates to longer grow period?

I did grow some autos outdoors from July to October many years ago. They were a decent size (jack herer auto by sensi seeds, NL auto by greenhouse seeds and NYC diesel auto by barneys farm. The jack herer auto was about 3' tall! The other two were between 18-24"

I've been spending a lot of time browsing growjournal.com There are a lot of full harvest journals that show week by week details on the grow so you can compare the breeders time line vs the various phenos journaled. ADL was listed at 11 weeks seed to harvest, but journals are showing 14-15. I've found some journals very similar results, gives me a little idea what to look for.

IDK how that translates to outdoors as most of the journals are indoors with 18-20hrs light usually. I've heard less light hours translates to longer grow period?

I did grow some autos outdoors from June to October many years ago. They were a decent size (jack herer auto by sensi seeds, NL auto by greenhouse seeds and NYC diesel auto by barneys farm. The jack herer auto was about 3' tall! The other two were between 18-24"
Good to know. We generally have a long growing season, and can grow into November. We just are having the worst May in forever, with record amounts of rain. It might not matter, but I was planning on more sun for the poor things. I feel like I let them down by poor judgement on when to start. Still, you give me hope.
I can't wait to see more pictures from your grow and harvest. Quite inspirational!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back