Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Making do with what I have pt 1

@Madri-Gal It's a tricky process for me, learning still even after 5 years of efforts. I keep having the same problems come up, so next time I'm going back to organic and trying arb's substrate and nutrients, only thing different will be genetics and water. Yes, this time I will have buds I just hope it's enough to last until next harvest. I have non-MJ company coming to stay for extended period of time this summer and fall so I may actually run out! Ack.

That is a big part of me posting what I am. I like to post success and failure because if I can share either, it will have some benefit for at least 1 other person. I don't like to only post gems, that's not my reality.

That's my goal, share experiences. Learn from my inexperience, learn from others experience given, maybe one day we won't have so much snake oil and we can just keep things simple. Right now there is a huge market for cannabis and related products, and some of us are eager to buy it up in hopes it'll give us an advantage.

The ADL's continue to grow their blooms, the bigger plant with a much more impressive cola. They seem to be taking the feeding quite well, so far the biggest and best plants, though I am going to need to defoliate a little bit, lots of leaves shading bud sites. On day 3 of plain water flush on the auto blueberry and auto orange bud. The skunk #1 auto later bloomer seems to be doing well despite the leaves dieing. I expect I will probably begin flushing her sometime next week.

The skunk #1 auto early bloomer is currently drying in the tent @ 63% RH / 55F. Since the plant is whole I am hoping the moisture in the stalk will keep the slow dry going, The leaves still have a bit of moisture so I am waiting to defoliate during drying, once the fan's start to dry up I'll remove them. Hoping I can get at least 10 days drying time which shouldn't be a problem. We're getting a lot of moisture in Colorado this week so temps and humidity levels are really perfect for drying.

Flush day 7

Auto blueberry
1dEHJ17.jpg

Auto orange bud
WrzibU6.jpg

q9u8hSs.jpg

Skunk #1 auto later bloomer looking ragged, still not ready for flush.
BCz2qvi.jpg

nnn5tVt.jpg

Auto blueberry moved to a dark tent, going to take her down tomorrow. Scope showed a fair bit of amber so maybe I let this one go a little long. The auto orange bud is not far behind. 7 days drying on the skunk #1 auto early bloomer, still have a few days before it's ready for jars. The later bloomer skunk still has a little ways to go, I hope the plant holds up. The ADL's are both drinking fairly heavy at this point, as is the skunk #1 auto later bloomer. Split a gallon of nutrient water between them this morning. Looking like the ADL's are going to need watering every day.

ADL early bloomer? aka big girl
5AfRJuc.jpg

NPthH9W.jpg

The ADL later bloomer aka stunted plant seems more like a bushy pheno like the skunk #1 later bloomer. Lots of tall side branching.

3 big girls in the 4x4, taking up most of the space, hard to believe there were 3 other plants in there. ADL's looking mighty fine, skunk #1 auto later bloomer looking rough, worried I am gonna get some yellowing on sugar leaf during flush but we'll see. Outlook not so good, good thing this is all for personal medical use, bag appeal be damned lol

sVNxvc4.jpg

ADL big girl, top cola as big around as a pint mason
hEYoNbP.jpg

Skunk #1 auto later bloomer
LbEho0Y.jpg

8koWg0H.jpg

I am running out of AN PH perfect sensi coco bloom, but I did get my jacks professional 20-20-20 on arb's suggestion. Might be using this for the last couple of weeks on the ADL's, I also have some fox farm liquid fert (3 part) from the prior effort, not really sure what to do but I'm not buying more of the AN PH perfect bottles.

O7CgySw.jpg

Mix the Jacks at 1\2 teaspoon per gallon of water.
Use every watering until last ten days then just water.
That comes out to a 3-3-3 roughly and will see them through without anything else.
You can just start using it at that mix anytime you want.

3 big girls in the 4x4, taking up most of the space, hard to believe there were 3 other plants in there. ADL's looking mighty fine, skunk #1 auto later bloomer looking rough, worried I am gonna get some yellowing on sugar leaf during flush but we'll see. Outlook not so good, good thing this is all for personal medical use, bag appeal be damned lol

sVNxvc4.jpg

ADL big girl, top cola as big around as a pint mason
hEYoNbP.jpg

Skunk #1 auto later bloomer
LbEho0Y.jpg

8koWg0H.jpg

I am running out of AN PH perfect sensi coco bloom, but I did get my jacks professional 20-20-20 on arb's suggestion. Might be using this for the last couple of weeks on the ADL's, I also have some fox farm liquid fert (3 part) from the prior effort, not really sure what to do but I'm not buying more of the AN PH perfect bottles.

O7CgySw.jpg

Yellow leaves at harvest is completely normal, and natural, and your buds will taste better. Loose ends can be easily trimmed.

Pretty sure that’s a HALF-pint mason jar....

Keep in mind from fresh to cured a bud looses 75% of its weight, and something less than that in volume.

But when you get old and jaded, like me, you don't even weigh buds until divining up oz's, 1/2's and such. If i have x or y, it is what it is. As long as I have something in jars I'm happy, in this case ignorance is bliss, lol.

Mix the Jacks at 1\2 teaspoon per gallon of water.
Use every watering until last ten days then just water.
That comes out to a 3-3-3 roughly and will see them through without anything else.
You can just start using it at that mix anytime you want.

Thanks, I'll switch over soon, I dont have a coco garden outside of my tent so I'm just gonna finish off the rest of these nutrients first, think I have maybe 40ml left but they'll probably get another week of only jacks right before flush. I'm super excited to try this simple method, you give me a lot of hope. I didnt find any sunshine mix at Ace, they have some black gold bricks and fox farm stuff, so when I get to civilization I'll get some at the grow store.

What a lovely cola....

Don't you agree @ataxian? :biggrin:

Thanks! She surprised me, biggest cola I've grown yet. @ataxian this colas 4 u buddy!

Yellow leaves at harvest is completely normal, and natural, and your buds will taste better. Loose ends can be easily trimmed.

The problem is I got a lockout issue that wasn't corrected soon enough so I basically zapped those leaves. I did just check the trichomes and it looks like I'm in the harvest window now.

Pretty sure that’s a HALF-pint mason jar....

It's a 16oz jar, that's a pint right?

----------

The skunk #1 early bloomer is all finished, trimmed the flower down about as much as I could handle, buds are showing 58% RH after 2 hours in the jar, dry time was 11 days. 150u dry sift from the trim, might clean it up a little more before I rosin it. These buds smell very sweet! Not a stinky skunk, so I am guessing this may have been the indica dominant pheno, may explain the early blooming and small size. Not sure yet on the weights, waiting until they are for sure the right humidity then I'll check.

Top cola
HEponP4.jpg

Side cola with flash on
ohutmXC.jpg

150u dry sift
oLDDOMc.jpg

All done!
vHMTBin.jpg

I see what you mean @ClearBlueLou I guess I have some big hands! :lol:

Looks like the jars are at 65% RH. Gonna just burp them and not dry any further. They'll get down to my squish preference by the time they're ready. Not going to use any humidipacks until they drop below 58%.

Tried a little scoop of the sift ontop a small nug in the flowerpot, nice effects but the sift needs to be carded on a smaller micron, too much plant matter with the 150u.

Trouble! Jars reading 71% RH. I took the nugs out and put them in a paper bag for a couple hours. Repeating this process if necessary until they get down to 65% RH stable. Auto Orange Bud smells amazing, nothing sweet about this girl, over ripened orange mixed with skunk smell.

5 days drying, temps have swung from 35-70F, RH has been mostly 40's. Think this one still has another week considering the last plant wasn't quite dry enough despite my estimate. We have overcast days so gonna be more humid than normal. Glad to get this extended drying time.

beKOsUR.jpg

Still getting the jars down...Wish I would have waited another couple days on drying. 68% jarred for 12h, now jars with lids open for 90 mins.

Tent is pretty full with these 3, gonna have more space soon.
20190522_074449.jpg

Skunk #1 later bloomer is flushing, gonna move her to a dark room soon.
20190522_074550.jpg

20190522_074557.jpg

20190522_074604.jpg

ADL big girl bloomin' away, still has weeks to go before chop.
20190522_074636.jpg

20190522_074528.jpg

ADL early stunted, she's wide and full albeit about 8" shorter than her sister!
20190522_074541.jpg

20190522_074500.jpg

That molasses PH swing really took it's toll on the skunk #1 auto later bloomer =( Sugar leaf still is green so I think I survived but probably took a hit on breadth.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back