Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Making do with what I have pt 1

These girls are about 4 weeks since germination. Sad auto daiquiri lime is still sad, despite my misting efforts. The front 3 actually all seem to be a little more sad than the back 3, perhaps the intakes down by the front are causing them some stress? The Skunk #1's auto's have been absolute troopers throughout the stressful beginning. Nutrients are half strength, using 7.4ml/gal of part A and B, still PH'ing down to 5.8 with 5.2ml/gal GH PH down. I ran outta kangaroots, so be it. Light is about 28" above the tops. Had to mix up a 5th gallon for every other day watering, it wont be long and these will be taking more water. Err'ing on the high side for runoff to keep from lockouts. Stalks are getting stout, MH is keeping plants a nice height.

Still don't have my LED's :doh: I gotta say I am a lil disappointed with that purchase, I guess their container is stuck in customs. I should have gone with a CMH and just spent the money on additional cooling if needed.

2dyy9Il.jpg

I would be giving them full strength nutrient by the look of em, if you aren't already.
Nutrients are half strength, using 7.4ml/gal of part A and B
This ratio is fairly low, less than half strength for most nutrients I have used. Most say 10ml per gallon for half strength(Canna is more concentrated than most)

I would be giving them full strength nutrient by the look of em, if you aren't already.

This ratio is fairly low, less than half strength for most nutrients I have used. Most say 10ml per gallon for half strength(Canna is more concentrated than most)

4ml/L of each Part A and B is full strength dose for AN Sensi Coco nutes. Honestly that seems very high to me, almost 30ml of nutrients total per gallon? I'd have to check the EC at full strength, I've always had bad luck on anything over 1/2 strength with other nutrients.

I now use Canna Classic and that says use 40ml of Part A and 40ml of part B per 10 liters of water, or 4ml to 1 liter. I fill a bucket (8liters, 2 gallons) with 32ml of part A and 32 ml of part B for full strength, the cheaper nutrients I used to have were 40ml of part A and 40ml of part B per 2 gallons.
Please point out any of my errors as I am no mathematician, on the bright side we aren't killing anything with our ratios...maybe it's my 'Downunder 'rifmatic":thumbsup:
I used to have a PPM meter and that said I was usually pretty close, strength wise.:myday:

I now use Canna Classic and that says use 40ml of Part A and 40ml of part B per 10 liters of water, or 4ml to 1 liter. I fill a bucket (8liters, 2 gallons) with 32ml of part A and 32 ml of part B for full strength, the cheaper nutrients I used to have were 40ml of part A and 40ml of part B per 2 gallons.
Please point out any of my errors as I am no mathematician, on the bright side we aren't killing anything with our ratios...maybe it's my 'Downunder 'rifmatic":thumbsup:
I used to have a PPM meter and that said I was usually pretty close, strength wise.:myday:

I bumped them up to 9ml of each this morning. My EC meter is suspect right now so I need to get another one, but my biggest concern is that the EC will be too high and I'll get lockouts. My tap water is around 325ish ppm, lots of calcium and magnesium ?? in the water and it buffers like a son of a gun.

I'm just curious why you suggested to boost the nutrients, are you seeing any deficiencies or growth issues? These girls have started their stretch, I'm still giving them grow nutrients, the bloom nutrients I plan to start feeding towards the end of stretch phase.

All but the auto daiquiri limes are showing the beginnings of buds forming, those are sativa dominant auto's so I suspect they'll be later to bloom and later to finish.

I'm just curious why you suggested to boost the nutrients,
They look light green in the centers, I usually change from half strength to full strength about 2 weeks after cloning. I used to see this with my plants if I left them on half strength too long(clones).
I always use rainwater collected off a poly roof stored in a poly tank so not much in the way of contaminants(some of the cleanest air samples in the world come from Tasmania's North West Coast).

They look light green in the centers, I usually change from half strength to full strength about 2 weeks after cloning. I used to see this with my plants if I left them on half strength too long(clones).
I always use rainwater collected off a poly roof stored in a poly tank so not much in the way of contaminants(some of the cleanest air samples in the world come from Tasmania's North West Coast).

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes on them, I figured the light green was just new growth.

I just put a half teaspoon in a gallon of water and never check,worry or have nutrient issues.
I grow in a mix of perlite/vermiculite so that amount of nutrients would be way too low as my medium has no plant food at all.:thumbsup:

Quick little update, some of the plants got stressed in the light exchange, after the first 24r hrs 4/6 of the plants looked very droopy, tips curled inward, like if over-watered or nitrogen toxicity. The 2 plants that seemed to be the least effected were one of the skunk #1 auto's, and the auto orange bud. They are just now starting to look proper again, I think the stress may have caused a little stunting in growth, not positive, I've been raising the lights from the stretch and re-positioning the bigger plants in spots to keep them from getting blasted with too much intensity. Right now the lights are between 22-24" above the tops, will bring them in lower slowly. These LED's are full spectrum so quite a bit of difference from the MH bulb.

The nutrient boost seems to be fine though I do see a lil burning on the tips of one of the skunks so I'm watching. New EC meter will be here soon. Going to add nutrients to reach the recommend EC by the manufacturer slowly. Doubt I'll be able to hit full strength nutes before EC gets too high with my well water. Tent temps are now between 68-70F, I removed one of the 8" intake ducting and closed it up, now the front left corner 8" ducting is intake and top right corner is exhaust. Lights out temps drop 5-10F.

U10f3Dl.jpg

1e3gb7a.jpg

Biggest girl, Skunk #1 Auto first to start forming flowers
JGU80Hc.jpg

ntwQIfu.jpg

Your leaves indicate that the roots are staying too wet.

I'm in straight coco pith (no perlite) and been watering every other day about 5/6 ga per pot. Do you think that's been too much? I usually dont start seeing runoff until the last half of the watering.

I wouldn't even try to get to full strength based on the schedule on the bottle unless they start looking like they want it. It's nearly always best to treat that as a maximum.

Edit: Oh, I read back more. Yeah, new growth will be lighter, deciding when it's too light is tough from photos. One of those things you have to learn to trust your gut with.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back