Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Nerd Culture - Comics & Films & Games & Cosplay & Collectibles & All Things Camp!

Game of Thrones spoiler.

Goddamn zombie dragons. Always fucking up my shit.

Any board gamers around here? Here's my modest collection! Not bad considering I only started collecting a year or two ago. Pic cuts off Mansions of Madness on top of Arcadia quest there, didn't notice at the time. A few are missing because I took them off to bring with me that night.. Dark Souls, Viticulture Essential and BattleCon: Devestation of Indines. I also have Diamond, Sherrif of Nottingham and one or two others I forget over at my parents house.

Concordia, and Castles of Burgundy are on the way this week; Viticulture taught me not to judge a game by it's cover. They both look dull as door nobs but they're supposed to be some of the best designed games of all time.. Goes to show it pays off to hire a good artist!

Then I also found some fantastic deals this week on damaged copies of Above and Below, and Escape: The Curse of the Temple (wanted that one forever!). I really like buying damaged boardgames cuz it usually just means the box is scuffed and who cares unless it's some rare collector item. They're all gonna get shelf wear with my meager storage solution.

I'm also dealing with a guy hoping to get his set of Blue Moon with two expansions, wanted that one for yearsss way before I started collecting.. It's a Living Card Game meaning there's no random booster packs everyone gets the same cards to play with. Came out in 2004 and became a huge cult classic, especially in Germany. Well out of print now so it's hard to find a copy but I think I found one in good condition for a reasonable price.. Not paying $200 for some regular card game just cuz it's neat. But I still want it super bad.

Only game I want more is the Wheel of Time TCG based on the fantasy series by Robert Jordan (and finished by Brandon Sanderson), that's like a holy grail of collector games for me.. Came out in 2000 so well out of print and since it was a TCG instead of an LCG buying a complete set is incredibly expensive. Because it means some guy bought hundreds of dollars worth of boosters, 17 years ago, collected the best ones, and then stored them in a binder.. So the best deal I've found is 450 for a complete set and just dayum.. that's a lot of money for a card game. Especially considering it's not really fun to play! I'm just a huge fan of the WoT series and have wanted them since they launched, but could not convince my parents to buy me any at the time. (see Mom I was right, they would be worth something some day!!.. But you were right about digimon, pokemon, bayblades, yugioh and beanie babies :lol:)

kMvj8lz.jpg

I think my favorite right now is Scythe and Viticulture, really like the way that designer does things. What board/card/table top games do you guys like playing?

I played Guess Who with my niece last week @Prolusio. Does that count?

One good thing having a niece & nephew means I can justify wasting money on toys for them. He may be only 4 but he knows his Star Wars & that is what really matters.

Wheeljack: I grew this in my lab Prowl but don't bust me man.

yKzdks7l.jpg

Reviving this ANCIENT thread to tell you that after going on a garage sale marathon in the greater Asheville, NC, area, I wound up with Spawn comics # 35 - 50, plus Violator #1-3, Angela #1-3, and Violator vs. Badrock #1-4. NM. And I walked away with them for $30.

There is a God, people. Who performs miracles. Or maybe it was the Devil. At that price I don't really care.

MMM. Comics. So much more satisfying than ... well ... other stuff. Especially women. At least the women I've known ... :dog:

FWIW: I was with a bunch of dudes. The acne-to-face ratio was off the rails.

Reviving this ANCIENT thread to tell you that after going on a garage sale marathon in the greater Asheville, NC, area, I wound up with Spawn comics # 35 - 50, plus Violator #1-3, Angela #1-3, and Violator vs. Badrock #1-4. NM. And I walked away with them for $30.

There is a God, people. Who performs miracles. Or maybe it was the Devil. At that price I don't really care.

MMM. Comics. So much more satisfying than ... well ... other stuff. Especially women. At least the women I've known ... :dog:

So God is sending CANNABIS CONSUMPTION human’s to a hot room forever?
Where does love come in?

The stack’s of comic book’s in the South Los Angles Ghetto I spent the 1st several rotation’s around this pale blue dot in a language used 2 speech a say stuff?
FOCUS: Archie & the Pussy Cat’s was the top read on the pile?
The keyboard attached 2 this tablet is lacking working key’s 2 describe the epic comic book’s had placed in this head!
Enough banter 4 now?

great post, see good thing someone revived an Ancient thread!:cheers:

As a budding teen among the many hobbies between my brother and I were comic books and sports cards collecting, we lived literally right next door to a comic book shop and a pizza parlour which had all the cool arcades, what more could a kid want? essentially that was our hang out spot until it closed, had sleeves/boxes of very nice collectable issues, kicking myself for selling them too early, or even at all. some of those issues would fetch for a pretty shekel today.

great post, see good thing someone revived an Ancient thread!:cheers:

As a budding teen among the many hobbies between my brother and I were comic books and sports cards collecting, we lived literally right next door to a comic book shop and a pizza parlour which had all the cool arcades, what more could a kid want? essentially that was our hang out spot until it closed, had sleeves/boxes of very nice collectable issues, kicking myself for selling them too early, or even at all. some of those issues would fetch for a pretty shekel today.
Remember @Helios the sandy cofax Baseball card that came in BAZOOKA package’s with a substance 4 chewing?

Nice pick ups
Couple of my favorites
IMG_20210624_144549.jpg

The Aliens V Predator is signed by Chris Claremont
He worked on X-Men a little while after I started reading them, think it was around issue #100 (switch over was #94 and the release of Giant size X-Men #1)
Some good story lines and weird characters like Sauron, Wolverine becomes a complete sociopath
Never got the 12 issues out of this Aliens series, think it was 8
The next One, no introduction needed
Great character but never allowed to achieve its full potential
One of the best animated series I have ever seen
Thanks for reviving this thread
Reading a Bone anthology now!

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was one of my special albums back in high school. Along with U2's The Joshua Tree and R.E.M.'s Out of Time and Sparklehorse's VIVADIXIESUBMARINETRANSMISSIONPLOT - yes, that's actually the name of the album, and it's not metal.

The Pumpkins and I have sorta parted ways since then, but .... we'll always have the 90's. I'll never forget the free show they performed in Minneapolis when they were all clearly on a shitload of uppers. Great show. Believe it or not.

Nice pick ups
Couple of my favorites
View attachment 28357

The Aliens V Predator is signed by Chris Claremont
He worked on X-Men a little while after I started reading them, think it was around issue #100 (switch over was #94 and the release of Giant size X-Men #1)
Some good story lines and weird characters like Sauron, Wolverine becomes a complete sociopath
Never got the 12 issues out of this Aliens series, think it was 8
The next One, no introduction needed
Great character but never allowed to achieve its full potential
One of the best animated series I have ever seen
Thanks for reviving this thread
Reading a Bone anthology now!

A dear friend of mine keeps a mint, signed by TM, never opened, copy of Spawn #1 in his bulletproof safe. I can't remember what year it was we met Todd but he was really nice. Contrary to what I've heard since.

I like the AvP series. Sort of a Frankenstein meets The Wolfman but it's all in good fun. And in the first movie, you get a little more Lance Henriksen. Always a good thing. :worship:

One of my (many) older sisters hates comics, yet she loves Bone and ElfQuest. How the fuck does that work?

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was one of my special albums back in high school. Along with U2's The Joshua Tree and R.E.M.'s Out of Time and Sparklehorse's VIVADIXIESUBMARINETRANSMISSIONPLOT - yes, that's actually the name of the album, and it's not metal.

The Pumpkins and I have sorta parted ways since then, but .... we'll always have the 90's. I'll never forget the free show they performed in Minneapolis when they were all clearly on a shitload of uppers. Great show. Believe it or not.

A dear friend of mine keeps a mint, signed by TM, never opened, copy of Spawn #1 in his bulletproof safe. I can't remember what year it was we met Todd but he was really nice. Contrary to what I've heard since.

I like the AvP series. Sort of a Frankenstein meets The Wolfman but it's all in good fun. And in the first movie, you get a little more Lance Henriksen. Always a good thing. :worship:

One of my (many) older sisters hates comics, yet she loves Bone and ElfQuest. How the fuck does that work?
I love pop culture 2 a fault however San Andreas is close 2 where the ground dance’s like 1958 flahback’s b-4 LSD & CANNABIS was named racially by backward’s thoughtful of the day?

Surfing and long blonde hair in da Southern Sea’s & Hotboxing da cabin fabricated of TEAKWOOD was a life style unacceptable by some?

969 is how long a fictional character lived?

Drifting thought wise as I just vaporized on this rotating sphere with no string’s 4 sound.
Dazed & Confused like a 1973 surf voyage from one COUNTRY 2 da next 2 find oily glass wave’s 2 glide on?
The white sand beaches were empty??
Long haired Surfer’s stoned out of our head’s rode wave’s of bliss .
Hard 2 explain however life is no dress rehearsal!

So, the original Pet Sematary is a film I've loved since I was 10 or 11. I've seen it many times. A friend of mine once said I had an "unhealthy fascination" with it.

I went to watch it the other day and then remembered I had loaned it out and never got it back. At least that girl has something to remember me by. :nod:

Picked up the 30th anniversary edition on Blu-Ray and it looks stupendous! Even running it on an Xbox One and not the fanciest TV.

If you remember liking it but only saw it once years ago, I'd highly recommend it.

I read Pet Cemetary the year it came out. It deeply affected me. I've seen the movie a handful of times. I think I'll go watch it again.
When the “Exercist staring LB” came out it messed with my mind 4@least 5 day’s after I saw it?
2-day the effect’s R behind these daze’s!
Last night my daughter joined my wife and I 2-watched a HORROR movie from JAPAN that was an example of progress!
Pet Cemetery is a great read by the way?

I read Pet Cemetary the year it came out. It deeply affected me. I've seen the movie a handful of times. I think I'll go watch it again.

I actually picked up an old and ratty copy at the used book / thrift store not one week ago. Only cost me two bucks. I'm pretty sure all the pages of the actual story are there. I've read comics only almost exclusively for the past couple years so it'll be interesting to read a novel again ... if I even can anymore. :thinker:

Also found replacement copies for the novels Fight Club and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. :naughty2:

When the “Exercist staring LB” came out it messed with my mind 4@least 5 day’s after I saw it?

You had it easy! That movie still haunts me 30 years later. Especially the vomit. :puke:

I actually picked up an old and ratty copy at the used book / thrift store not one week ago. Only cost me two bucks. I'm pretty sure all the pages of the actual story are there. I've read comics only almost exclusively for the past couple years so it'll be interesting to read a novel again ... if I even can anymore. :thinker:
There isn't a movie made of an early Stephen King novel that is as good as the book. But then he started writing for 'screenplay' and, imo, his writing suffered for it.

Have you read The Stand? You have a great imagination and I think you could do more with those early King books than any screenwriter could. :biggrin:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back