Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Nerd Culture - Comics & Films & Games & Cosplay & Collectibles & All Things Camp!

uIbBy-1458336021-264-lists-header_2.jpeg

I’m an original Dark Shadows fan. Watched it back in the late 60s as a kid. Then bought the videos as an adult. Now you can see it for free on TV. Really hated the Johnny Depp movie Dark Shadows.

A lot of the characters continued to travel around the world. They would talk about their roles and stories behind their characters they played. There were so many Dark Shadows fans, long after the series ended in the early 70s. Kinda like the Treki fans from Star Trek. The characters are slowly dying off. I never personally went to a fan get together.
Barnabis Collins rocks , best show ever :thumbsup:

uIbBy-1458336021-264-lists-header_2.jpeg

I’m an original Dark Shadows fan. Watched it back in the late 60s as a kid. Then bought the videos as an adult. Now you can see it for free on TV. Really hated the Johnny Depp movie Dark Shadows.

A lot of the characters continued to travel around the world. They would talk about their roles and stories behind their characters they played. There were so many Dark Shadows fans, long after the series ended in the early 70s. Kinda like the Treki fans from Star Trek. The characters are slowly dying off. I never personally went to a fan get together.

The series has a cult following up here in New England
Groups dress up as the cast and do the Salem gig every October
Wonder if they are still making copies of Barnabus' walking stick
Was it a soap opera?
44011573_1_x.jpg

The series has a cult following up here in New England
Groups dress up as the cast and do the Salem gig every October
Wonder if they are still making copies of Barnabus' walking stick
Was it a soap opera?
View attachment 30228
Technically speaking it was a soap, but with a supernatural bent. The storylines were the bomb . I remember running home from school just so I could catch the 3:00 pm shows. It had everything a horror fan could ask for back then :biggrin: vampires , werewolves, witches, zombies, time travel . Great stuff for the 60's .

REPLICA WAREHOUSE WOLF HEAD Brass Handle Walking Stick Design Vintage Victorian Walking Stick​

Brand: REPLICA WAREHOUSE
4.4 out of 5 stars 162 ratings

41ZBmNi4e6L._AC_.jpg

Save 15% Lowest price in 30 days
Was:$26.99 Details
Price:$23.00 ($23.00 / Count)
You Save:$3.99 (15%)

I also watched Dark Shadows as soon as I got off the bus from school. A lot of the fashions of the day came from Dark Shadows. I loved all the characters and the time travel back to the 1700s and 1800s. Barnabas the vampire was awesome. Love Angelique the evil witch. I can’t stand the David Collins character. The story takes place in the fictional town of Collinsport Maine. A vampire is chained up in a coffin it’s opened up - the story begins…… I will have to admit the end of the series got really lame IMO. Yes it was a scary soap opera when you are 10 yrs old. As an adult pretty fake. Love it anyway.

So, lady friend and I have made friends with the owner of the local movie theater.

COVID has hit him hard and he's swimming in debt.

We were talking about Suicide Squad and how it's bringing in a lot of money but he can't show it beyond Thursday for the weekend business.

So we, being the cool kids, bought tickets for today's showing. :thumbsup:

Go. See. This. Movie. Before. It's. Gone. From. Theaters.

No spoilers except the official one from James Gunn - a whole lot of characters die. Start a dead pool with your friends.

This is the best trailer for it:

Sigh ... I've made yet another mistake.

I showed this old SNL Seinfeld sketch to Sierra and she has promised she's going to embarass me somehow with it today.

I had to explain to her the joke first.

How in the late 80's and early 90's there was an explosion of stand-up comedy clubs. It was like vape clubs today. And everybody wanted to be the next Seinfeld. Did you ever notice this, did you ever notice that, etc. They were all hacks. Using topics like .... airline food, chicken McNuggets, 7-11 employees, and so on. It was awful. And they were all wearing T-shirts with sport coats. For fuck's sake.

I'm not sure she gets the joke exactly, but I know she's going to make a loud obnoxious joke about "Big Gulps" when we go to the gas station today. :hmm:

It was George Carlin that started a lot of “did you notice that”. The play on words like “deplane”. All that was my favorite comedian. Love Carlin and miss him.

GEORGE CARLIN ON WAR: HOW BOMBING BROWN PEOPLE BECAME A GROWTH INDUSTRY​

Posted by Guest | Jan 14, 2020 | Syndicated |
011020_georgecarlin_01.jpg

“In a sane

Iconic comedian George Carlin predicted a pandemic before his death​

UPDATED: Thu., March 26, 2

I think theres still a lot of comedy clubs in Seattle.

Last edited:
Sigh ... I've made yet another mistake.

I showed this old SNL Seinfeld sketch to Sierra and she has promised she's going to embarass me somehow with it today.

I had to explain to her the joke first.

How in the late 80's and early 90's there was an explosion of stand-up comedy clubs. It was like vape clubs today. And everybody wanted to be the next Seinfeld. Did you ever notice this, did you ever notice that, etc. They were all hacks. Using topics like .... airline food, chicken McNuggets, 7-11 employees, and so on. It was awful. And they were all wearing T-shirts with sport coats. For fuck's sake.

I'm not sure she gets the joke exactly, but I know she's going to make a loud obnoxious joke about "Big Gulps" when we go to the gas station today. :hmm:

Movies or clubs in the evening then the Kowloon for late night dinner and comedy
82974832_10157988501883390_2836070886707036160_n.jpg

Sadly they just announced their closing
You could drink well past 2am as long as you had a designated driver
There were always 2 cops at the entrance because back in the day folks showed up coked out of their minds and armed to the teeth
The comedy club was a hidden gem for a couple of years but it got insane by the late eighties

Sigh.

So I knew it was coming.

She even warned me beforehand.

I still wasn't prepared. Sierra is the sort of girl who does not care what anyone thinks of her. If embarrassing herself means embarrassing me, she's all in.

So we get to to the gas station. I know she's got something planned. I ask her nicely to PLEASE just forget about it.

So we go in, and she walks over to those giant cups they sell to college kids that could be enough soda for about 10 people.

Sigh.

In the worst Seinfeld impression I've ever heard:

"AND WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE BIG GULPS THEY SELL YOU??!! I MEAN, COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY NEED THIS MUCH MOUNTAIN DEW!"

Followed by a laugh attack, her rolling around on the floor, and me carrying her out to the car.

I get that it's funny. But for fuck's sake.

Sigh.

So I knew it was coming.

She even warned me beforehand.

I still wasn't prepared. Sierra is the sort of girl who does not care what anyone thinks of her. If embarrassing herself means embarrassing me, she's all in.

So we get to to the gas station. I know she's got something planned. I ask her nicely to PLEASE just forget about it.

So we go in, and she walks over to those giant cups they sell to college kids that could be enough soda for about 10 people.

Sigh.

In the worst Seinfeld impression I've ever heard:

"AND WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE BIG GULPS THEY SELL YOU??!! I MEAN, COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY NEED THIS MUCH MOUNTAIN DEW!"

Followed by a laugh attack, her rolling around on the floor, and me carrying her out to the car.

I get that it's funny. But for fuck's sake.

My kinda gal :thumbsup:

If you want a peek into one of the most creative film directors of our times ...

And he's not a pretentious dick ....

He's just a dude who knows how lucky he is to do the shit he wants to do.

Good for you, James.

I had the good fortune of meeting him at a Comic-Con a few years back and he is as fucking cool as you would hope.

And for those of you who might be interested, this is what I look like ... except with dirty blonde hair.

Dude ...

This is what it was like living through the late 80's and early 90's in America.

Guh.

I mean, HEY!

It was fucking awful.

So ladyfriend decides it's my turn to sing.

And she demands I sing a song for her.

I don't really have a singing voice, but I can do funny voices.

I don't know what the fuck made me think of it, but I sang her this song:

And I'll race ...

I was rewarded handsomely. :cool:

So, Sierra and I hosted a Suicide Squad party tonight.

The intensity of the level of cheering was off the charts. Even by the all the girls who have seen this movie already.

I don't care if you're 16 or 66 ... watch this movie.

If you think you know what to expect out of this film ... you're fucking wrong. You're old and think you know everything? You're fucking wrong.

It's like walking into a theater in 1989 and seeing Tim Burton's Batman movie - there had been nothing like it before or really even since.

I'm not going to give any spoilers other than that Harley doesn't die. There would be addional rioting in the streets if anything happened to Harley. Harley lives. Harley Quinn lives.

Everyone else? Well ... they are called The Suicice Squad.

Get off your fat ass butt and go out and do something.

[/QUOTE]
So, Sierra and I hosted a Suicide Squad party tonight.

The intensity of the level of cheering was off the charts. Even by the all the girls who have seen this movie already.

I don't care if you're 16 or 66 ... watch this movie.

If you think you know what to expect out of this film ... you're fucking wrong. You're old and think you know everything? You're fucking wrong.

It's like walking into a theater in 1989 and seeing Tim Burton's Batman movie - there had been nothing like it before or really even since.

I'm not going to give any spoilers other than that Harley doesn't die. There would be addional rioting in the streets if anything happened to Harley. Harley lives. Harley Quinn lives.

Everyone else? Well ... they are called The Suicice Squad.

Get off your fat ass butt and go out and do something.

Saw it already
My ass is not fat
A couple of weeks of stair climbing should firm it up

Merits of Green Lantern
Discuss

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back