Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
To me this is the best looking vape on the market. Everything about this speaks craftsmanship & quality.
I didn't really understand how well crafted it would be.

The battery and stem fit like a glove.
Not a rattle or gap anywhere.
Tiny and beautiful.
How hot is the vapor?
The stem actually is longer than it looks. It goes way down into the body and just the last inch or two sticks out.
It is longer than an rbt short stem.

Last edited:
It is a very different experience than a Fury I'd say @Shredder. Prices start at $300 I believe and there is a waiting list. You can contact Dan on Instagram.

It won't be for everyone.

The Nomad is an on-demand (manual) vape that you really interact with. The entire experience is very romanticized for me. So far it is a long drawn out ritual for me. It's just so beautiful and an absolute pleasure to hold.

I've been rocking the low-medium heater and having delicious lingering sessions with thick low-temp vapor.

The draw is wide open on this one and unlike how I hit my rbt vapes and tubo (where I pull slowly). On the Nomad I really just place my lips on the stem and barely inhale while holding the button.

Taste is right up there with the best all glass pathways. I haven't noticed much wood notes in the vapor (I have walnut by the way). Tastes very pure.

Interestingly the black end-cap on the heater itself never gets hot. Don't know how he did that but I can touch it during my entire session.

The fit/craftsmanship is spectacular.

Last edited:
PICT-20181205-222747.jpg

Only had mine for a couple of weeks. This is my first manual vape so I'm figuring it all out but it's going to take me a little while.

I'm a ripper not a sipper so I tend to complete the bowl in 2-3 back to back hits.

Currently (still working out technique) I get a flavour hit on the first draw. A vapor hit on the second and a whisp of vapor with slight popcorn on the third.

20 hits I can not even begin to fathom but I appreciate we all have different use cases and I have limited experience.

I'm using the dual screen method with the low temp heater.

After the first flavour hit which I do fairly slowly and get no visible vapor from, I continue to hold the power button and then begin my second draw.

The draw starts slow, daaaaaaammmmnnnn slow. After about a third of my draw it suddenly happens, like magic I can feel the beggining of a hit. At this point I speed up my draw and it's a great hit. This vape does the job, it puts a big smile on my face.

I can't wait until my @Grinders for LifeBrillian Cut Grinder arrives. I really wanna try out some different grinds with my Nomad. As a ripper I feel like a finer grind might be what I'm looking for.

I love this thing, thank you @Dan Morrison.

More pics and thoughts to come during the Crimbo period.

P. S. Thanks @duff for all the vids while I waited for mine to arrive.

Nice to see discussion about the Nomad here, and even better, feedback on its use. I am very far down in the waiting list, I have messaged Dan on some things, and I thought I would mention here. It is possible to request a basic I think he called it "craft paper" wrapper and then finish it yourself- types of paper he uses are various types of washi paper, with varying types of durability (and aesthetic) with very little extra research- I have experience in papier-mâché and decoupage- I found some non-toxic sealants that I could use do this myself, that are designed for durability, should I choose to go this route. I would be happy to elaborate further here, if people are interested.

Nice to see discussion about the Nomad here, and even better, feedback on its use. I am very far down in the waiting list, I have messaged Dan on some things, and I thought I would mention here. It is possible to request a basic I think he called it "craft paper" wrapper and then finish it yourself- types of paper he uses are various types of washi paper, with varying types of durability (and aesthetic) with very little extra research- I have experience in papier-mâché and decoupage- I found some non-toxic sealants that I could use do this myself, that are designed for durability, should I choose to go this route. I would be happy to elaborate further here, if people are interested.

I can't wait to see how yours turns out, sounds like you got something in mind already.

I would still chat to Dan about what you have in mind and how he would do it. Part of the fun is getting to work with the man and seeing how he approaches the design process.

I'd love to hear what you have in mind so please do elaborate.

The longer one was Ed's first attempt and was literally like 1/1000" too thin and was a tiny bit loose.

The shorter one is his second try and it fits perfectly. The stem is as snug as the og stems and the rim does seem to help hold it nicely although I'm not certain that it's needed. It's hard to tell if the stem bottoms out or the rim stops it.

Ed also sunk a screen with a ridge inside so I've been using without a bottom screen very effectively.

The longer one was Ed's first attempt and was literally like 1/1000" too thin and was a tiny bit loose.

The shorter one is his second try and it fits perfectly. The stem is as snug as the og stems and the rim does seem to help hold it nicely although I'm not certain that it's needed. It's hard to tell if the stem bottoms out or the rim stops it.

Ed also sunk a screen with a ridge inside so I've been using without a bottom screen very effectively.

Nice, I like the idea of the screen. I also quite like the look of the ridge.

Might have to hit Ed up in the new year for one of these.

Glad you like @GreenHopper and thanks for spreading the word @duff

The first stem was just a teeny tiny bit under and makes a difference, you cant get what you dont have ya know so I made the second one a little larger OD. The band yall call is a bead for a turner figured it would seat over the opening and close off if there was any slight gap. The recessed load area was an after thought from the 1st one. Give you the shoulder within to seat a screen and need not worry bout it going anywhere. Was fun to do and hope you enjoy it for a while @duff

Ooooh. I'm happy to find a Nomad thread here. I've only been in the ones on FC.

I'm in batch two, so hoping to have my nomad in a month or two. I definitely want to order one of ed's stems once I have my Nomad.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back