Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Just signed up today after months of telling myself that I didn’t really need another portable. Turns out I was wrong! I came to the realisation that the Nomad is exactly the kind of portable vape I needed in my modest collection. It dawned on me that this device isn’t really a device, not like most portables anyway; I’m slow.

After so much looking and admiring others’ choices as the batches roll out of the Morwood Factory, my self-determination & Scottish heritage has failed me. The visual artist in me is stronger it seems so I finally caved and now wonder why I didn’t just pull the trigger ages ago? Stupid hippie. I could be posting pictures with the cool kids like @duff & @GreenHopper about now, looks like @Ramahs doesn’t have long to wait until he’s able to show off his Nomad here! Yay! Probably gonna need to get a couple of stems from Ed too, lol!

Nomad II in the works! I think anyone from the Nomad I batch that has not been made will likely be transitioned into the Nomad II. Here is my order:
IMG_20191107_072316_068.jpg

Can't wait!!

i really love the new look but i have to be honest ... i'm a little bummed that the unique nomad design that first attracted me is being changed.

i'm definitely staying on the list! but am gonna miss the custom artwork sleeve ...

I’m so stoked for spring 2020 now! The Nomad II is even more to my taste than the OG tbh, but I understand those who are disappointed in missing out on the first version. While the sleeves are beautiful and add another layer of art to the piece for sure, it’s all about showcasing the wood for me since Dan only uses the best blanks with lots of character.

I’m so stoked for spring 2020 now! The Nomad II is even more to my taste than the OG tbh, but I understand those who are disappointed in missing out on the first version. While the sleeves are beautiful and add another layer of art to the piece for sure, it’s all about showcasing the wood for me since Dan only uses the best blanks with lots of character.
I know part of the objective on the switch was to streamline the build process. This should help more people get their hands on one. The paper sleeves don't seem like a lot of work but Dan told me he actually spends a lot of time on them. This is why he charges around $100 give or take for a new/second one. Plus there were tons of requests to showcase the wood more. It's one of those things, everyone has their own opinion and everyone will not agree.

I think the new one looks like a significant upgrade but I also have the privilege of owning the OG so best of both worlds here...

As someone with an old school background in studio art, I was always aware of what the sleeves entail and knew he had to be taking a loss on each one. Especially the ones with custom painting. That’s another thing about the new design, Dan says it plays to his talents and in addition to more happy Nomad owners, the faster turnaround means a more profitable business. As he’s putting out a level of work that few humans could, I want the artist to be able to make a good living.

As someone with an old school background in studio art, I was always aware of what the sleeves entail and knew he had to be taking a loss on each one. Especially the ones with custom painting. That’s another thing about the new design, Dan says it plays to his talents and in addition to more happy Nomad owners, the faster turnaround means a more profitable business. As he’s putting out a level of work that few humans could, I want the artist to be able to make a good living.
i definitely want the artisit to make a good living too! it would be nice if he could raise the pricing structure on the 1 to make it worth his while to do a few ... this is mostly just me being bummed that the style of nomad i envisioned owning is no more ... i was just gonna tell him to create a cool piece that he personally loved with no real input from me other than maybe a couple of colors i like!

I love my Nomad I.

I fucking love it.

But I'm so very much looking forward to going through the process of designing my Nomad II, the anticipation of the wait, and the wonderful build update emails that Dan sends out. What can I say...it was fun!

i definitely want the artisit to make a good living too! it would be nice if he could raise the pricing structure on the 1 to make it worth his while to do a few ... this is mostly just me being bummed that the style of nomad i envisioned owning is no more ... i was just gonna tell him to create a cool piece that he personally loved with no real input from me other than maybe a couple of colors i like!

I hear you and I would not be surprised that sometime down the road in the next 12 months to 18 months we may see the option return for a similar design to the Nomad I. Like most artists Dan has to find a acceptable balance between production that pays the bills and production that satisfies his creative needs. To the point, most artists love to do custom work for folks... much more satisfying I think is what they will tell us. :juggle:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back