Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I dislike parra, rooters, manly

I rate melb and bris these days just coz they good.... but when we younger they were the out of state teams so they didn't get much from us...

Well we can agree on two of those teams at least! I learnt to respect the Storm when I lived there from 2010-2014 but damm that 2007 Grand Final still holds bitter memories. I have never even thought of going to another one after that soul crushing defeat & then to see them stripped for cheating :disgust:. Melbourne are a quality team but I don't rate Brisbane or at least not the last decade.

Oh yeah

Capture.JPG

Unless you have a high compression engine you are really wasting money buying premium high octane fuel. My old CBR1000f now drinks premium as I had a wiseco big bore kit installed that raised compression quite a bit, before that, regular. My bike uses more juice than my wife's car.:thumbsup:
This I have heard off some mechanics, and then I have heard different off others
I think top gear or a show similar did it once - but it is not the same results for all

The way I do know that using 98 in my 1.5L 4 cylinder accentis beneficial is that I get more Ks per tank - I am nerdy that way and check each tank and did trial 91, 95 and 98

You are correct usually and technically I should not get these results - but I do as does my mate in his 1.6L getz and the rio he is now driving

So I don't know, unless the servo's are just giving us shitty fuel with water in it except in the 98

I do know that my accent will run on 91, but it runs further on 98 and the money/ks maths work out

My '76 351 needed 98 - If I gave her 95 or 91 it pinged and sputtered and hated me
But it was made in the era of super with lead in it..... I never had to use those shit additives though - they are a rort for the most part and can actually kill the seals too instead of protect them....
Better just putting hardened seals in when the old ones go or when restoring

NEVER use 91 plus 10% ethanol - that shit will fry your engine and kill the seals - esp in a motorbike.... Grew up in a sidecar - My old man has re geared and worked his mix of a K7 K4 and K1 honda bikes....can take some of the new bikes at the lights...the looks the young fullas have when this old shitty looking bike with a grey old man beats their new racer...
But yer 91with 10%ethanol killed his engine once he had to overhaul the whole thing

So you do not need to use 98 in a small car but can still get better distance if you do...

It is true some cars will ping using 98 though as it is too much for them - sometimes regapping spark plugs can fix this

@Stevenski hahahaa at the manly hates me too.....My ex brother in law is a manly supporter too - we give each other shite...
I used to back newcastle too, still remember the 98 grand final against manly - I am jumping on a table in the workers club in the footage of that game on tele...hahaa

Yes you are right I agree broncos are not so hot last so many years - I prob rate brisbane state of origin team more than broncos

Last edited:
I have a team signed Powers Ball I won when I lived in a pub in Mt Isa '93, don't follow the game at all, all these drunk Queenslanders were offering all sorts of money for it, I kept it, wouldn't sell it to em, just to be a prick.:thumbsup:

I have a team signed Powers Ball I won when I lived in a pub in Mt Isa '93, don't follow the game at all, all these drunk Queenslanders were offering all sorts of money for it, I kept it, wouldn't sell it to em, just to be a prick.:thumbsup:
Hahahaaa.....
Thats funny

I don't really follow afl
It just wasn't a thing here growing up
My daughter played it at school though and liked it

I guess I kinda go for Swans coz they were the NSW team but yer I don't follow properly

With engines it depends on what the engine is set up for. Mine is set up for BP Ultimate 98 & whilst it will take Caltex or Shell 98 it really likes BP. Coincidentally that is what my tuner & mechanic recommend along with Elf oil. If they use it for running two tarmac rally Clios it is good enough for commuting with the odd caning.

I used to back newcastle too, still remember the 98 grand final against manly - I am jumping on a table in the workers club in the footage of that game on tele...hahaa

Lets just say I will never forget it. Not til the day I die. That was worse than any other grand final loss by a long way. Absolutely heartbreaking. One mans individual brilliance won that game.

See if you can spot yourself at the workers :lol:.

Good for you mate :thumbsup:. Hope you put it right up em :lol:.

With engines it depends on what the engine is set up for. Mine is set up for BP Ultimate 98 & whilst it will take Caltex or Shell 98 it really likes BP. Coincidentally that is what my tuner & mechanic recommend along with Elf oil. If they use it for running two tarmac rally Clios it is good enough for commuting with the odd caning.

Lets just say I will never forget it. Not til the day I die. That was worse than any other grand final loss by a long way. Absolutely heartbreaking. One mans individual brilliance won that game.

See if you can spot yourself at the workers :lol:.

Good for you mate :thumbsup:. Hope you put it right up em :lol:.

I actually can , just, only coz I know where I was...lol
A bit blurry in that footage tho...hahaa

I still remember that feeling of "we will get these pricks in extra time :smackdown:" to "what the fuck just happened :nut:". Andrew Johns was the difference & his is only the GOAT. Dummy half run, draw four defenders, offload, win premiership :lol:.

Is it just me or are Audi drivers the biggest fuckheads in general on the road?

I still remember that feeling of "we will get these pricks in extra time :smackdown:" to "what the fuck just happened :nut:". Andrew Johns was the difference & his is only the GOAT. Dummy half run, draw four defenders, offload, win premiership :lol:.

Is it just me or are Audi drivers the biggest fuckheads in general on the road?
All while pinging off his head on eccys...lol
Dunno - it used to be volvo drivers...lol
I know that Pajero means wanker in spanish and most pajero drivers fit the bill.....yuppie shit 4wd that never leaves the city...

My GU Patrol's last big trip was just over 15000klm, Tas to SA, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track then Mt Isa up to The Savanah Way across to then up to the tip of Cape York then back home via the eastern seaboard, took our time 11 weeks in total.
The Simpson Desert is next after I install long range tanks (I only have a 1000klm range with my current twin tanks)

All while pinging off his head on eccys...lol

Lets just say he did not have to train on Mondays or Tuesdays :lol:.

It used to be Volvo drivers but that has changed now. Fuckin Audis :disgust: . Also 4WD's in the city. Fuck them too :twocents:.

Does anyone feel sorry for Collingwood supporters?
I know I don't.:aaaaa:

@I'm Ron Burgundy? I hear ya, having worked in the Food and Beverage industry for a long time, I know what you mean, its nice to have wknds off though, sometimes its better to have weekdays off when everyone else is at work, better shopping experience, less waiting in lines. What to do you do that requires Saturday to work?
Yeah I have split days off, Sun and Thurs.
I’m an insurance agent, we are closed Sundays which is cool.
I agree I do like that weekday off for errands and appointments.
But not having 2days off in a row kinda wears on you after a while.

Does anyone feel sorry for Collingwood supporters?
I know I don't.:aaaaa:

I was thinking of my ex sister in law. Massive Pies fan & I know she would have cried :lol:.

I did tear up when the banner fell apart :dog:.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

I didn't really care who won but the game itself was a great game. The Eagles were in front for what 5 of 120 minutes?

I have just remembered that I gave up tobacco and combusting 12 months ago (Grand Final Day was my official give up day last year)
By the look of the scales, I also took up eating more at the same time. Money saved from no tobacco = AU$5460, money spent on vapes and accessories = well under AU$1500 :partyhat:

I have just remembered that I gave up tobacco and combusting 12 months ago (Grand Final Day was my official give up day last year)
By the look of the scales, I also took up eating more at the same time. Money saved from no tobacco = AU$5460, money spent on vapes and accessories = well under AU$1500 :partyhat:
Excellent....I like the money maths too - I had not thought about the comparison of what I save vs spend with tobacco and vapes

I put on weight after giving up tobacco and combustion in the first 2 weeks - even before eating more....

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back