Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

Best memory from basic training was having the barber finish a haircut with warm shaving cream and a straight razor.

Funnily enough i now have a safety razor, as well. Disposable blades got really expensive really quickly. I have 1, a japanese design from amazon. 100 blades should last a good many years, especially when you resharpen them. Kidding. Probably. In place of shaving cream i use a little canna-infused coconut massage oil. I also tend to use this as antiperspirant, as well. And suntan lotion (spf20-ish).

All the razor talk reminded me of an old Onion piece...
www.theonion.com/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-1819584036/amp

Best memory from basic training was having the barber finish a haircut with warm shaving cream and a straight razor.

Funnily enough i now have a safety razor, as well. Disposable blades got really expensive really quickly. I have 1, a japanese design from amazon. 100 blades should last a good many years, especially when you resharpen them. Kidding. Probably. In place of shaving cream i use a little canna-infused coconut massage oil. I also tend to use this as antiperspirant, as well. And suntan lotion (spf20-ish).
I've thought about those manual hair clippers as well. Perhaps electric when you were basic training.

So you have a DE as well? I bet it might borrow it's design from either Gillette or Merkur if you examine it perhaps? Or did you get the Featherlight? Yes, resharpening DE blades is an even further rabbit hole. There might even be blades designed for that in mind?
As you might have gathered from my pic, I tried to get one of each design type and two adjustables. So trying all the razor blade and razor combos should keep me busy. So, You went even more multi purpose with the coco oil. Maybe I'll carry something like that for camping.

All the razor talk reminded me of an old Onion piece...
www.theonion.com/fuck-everything-were-doing-five-blades-1819584036/amp
I always thought those companies were drinking too much Red Bull when coming up with these ideas, that are worthy of parody. :idea:

I never had the pleasure of a straight razor shave and who knows if I might take that up when I get more advanced. :chuck:

I can assure you I did not do it :dog:. That is what you pay a barber for. I only did it on a spur of the moment & it was closer than anything I have had. Not for me though. Besides costing $35 I do not like the feeling of a straight razor on my throat :lol:.

Glad I stopped shaving over a year ago. I have a nice full beard now.
However I do have to spend money on beard care products but I much rather do that than shave lol

Lucky man Ron. The trade off when you have to buy beard care products is you don't have to shave. Then again my dad has had a beard since the 70's & thinks it is hilarious to use anything more sophisticated than some poppy oil twice a week. He also won't give up his battery powered Braun beard trimmer for a new one. I used it once & it works better than the new ones IMO so he may have a point.

I can assure you I did not do it :dog:. That is what you pay a barber for. I only did it on a spur of the moment & it was closer than anything I have had. Not for me though. Besides costing $35 I do not like the feeling of a straight razor on my throat :lol:.

Lucky man Ron. The trade off when you have to buy beard care products is you don't have to shave. Then again my dad has had a beard since the 70's & thinks it is hilarious to use anything more sophisticated than some poppy oil twice a week. He also won't give up his battery powered Braun beard trimmer for a new one. I used it once & it works better than the new ones IMO so he may have a point.
My dad has had a beard for longer than I've been alive
He has never used anything
Maybe I remember some olive oil occasionally ?
But certainly no mega maintenance or products

Having a long/full beard requires some Maintenance otherwise it’ll just be a dry, tangled mess.

I use beard shampoo and conditioner. You have to keep it clean and soft.
Then a comb and/or brush along with beard oil for the skin underneath.
I've had my own beard in the past
But even so, my dad's beard is living proof of otherwise
Full big bushy beard since before I existed and it is still going strong, just has changed colour over the years
Trimming split ends on beard and moustache a must tho
I grew up on 7500 acres too so we didn't have shops or running water etc for products

Clean creek water and home grown veges help

He used to use a dog brush on his beard as others were too weak to go through

Gentlemen, You should try a straight razor on your legs! When I was a young girl learning to shave my legs,
I remember slicing long threads of my shin off, while learning to shave. I am six feet tall, so I have legs, and hated
that damn thing. My mom was old school and wouldn't buy the " new " razors. Luckily, I was blonde and light skinned,
so I put shaving / slicing my legs off a while longer. I am glad to no longer participate in this activity. But, you enjoy.:thumbsup:

I've had my own beard in the past
But even so, my dad's beard is living proof of otherwise
Full big bushy beard since before I existed and it is still going strong, just has changed colour over the years
Trimming split ends on beard and moustache a must tho
I grew up on 7500 acres too so we didn't have shops or running water etc for products

Clean creek water and home grown veges help

He used to use a dog brush on his beard as others were too weak to go through

Well I speak from experience considering I have a beard right now and believe me if I didn’t use anything it would be a complete mess.

There’s a fine line between looking like a gentleman versus a hobo lol.

Also everyone’s beard is different... thickness and how it grows etc.

At the bare minimum you have to keep it clean and brushed out also the beard oil helps protect the skin underneath.

Well I speak from experience considering I have a beard right now and believe me if I didn’t use anything it would be a complete mess.

There’s a fine line between looking like a gentleman versus a hobo lol.

Also everyone’s beard is different... thickness and how it grows etc.

At the bare minimum you have to keep it clean and brushed out also the beard oil helps protect the skin underneath.
Check pictures of Ned Kelly and others back in the day
I don't think he was using products and they certainly scrubbed up well for pics

Yes trimming split ends is necessary to keep it healthy as is the need for a dog brush my dad had
Olive oil or emu oil is great to run through occasionally just like hair
Emu oil one of most penetrative thin oils going good for skin too

Dad's beard is older than many men and healthier than most too....
He works at a university
He doesn't look like a hobo
Unless he chooses to.....

There's a market for everything these days though and if you and your beard are happy and healthy then good hairy health to you
:)

Well let’s just agree to disagree it seems like every time something is brought up that you disagree with it’s wrong Lol

I speak from experience man so it is what it is. :peace:

Reactions: arb
Well let’s just agree to disagree it seems like every time something is brought up that you disagree with it’s wrong Lol

I speak from experience man so it is what it is. :peace:
Wow
Chill mate
I guess according to you both my own and my father experience is not valid then
Maybe you could take that comment and chuck it in the mirror
I was just sharing a real lived experience and you were telling me I'm wrong
I didn't bite or say you were wrong
I shared two ppls experience that happens to be different to your own and this seems to not sit well with you....

You were saying if you have a beard you HAVE to do stuff
I said this isn't necessary for everyone and shared my dad's beard story
I didn't say you didn't need to
But not everyone needs to

Maybe, just a thought, rather than agree to disagree one could look at it like people have different hair and maybe, just maybe, both experiences could be real and true....

Takes another sip of his mighty and exhales thoughtfully ......

I don’t think you realize how you come across sometimes.
I know that I can be an ass sometimes as well.

I think it’s pretty common knowledge that you need to take care of your beard, just like anything else like your body and your face and your hair.

Maybe you and your dad are magical unicorns and just didn’t have to do anything to your beards and they came out perfect lol.

If that’s your experience then that’s your experience. So I’m saying let’s just agree to disagree and move on.

Gentlemen.... are we seriously arguing about facial hair? :cool:

I would think that this... just like which vape is best.... might be subjective? Just like some women wash their hair every day (me) and some go to the hair dresser once a week and have it done (something I totally don't understand) everyone's hair is different. And needs different treatment. Let's all vape a bowl or do a dab and relax.

It's hair ffs.... :biggrin:

I don’t think you realize how's you come across sometimes.
I know that I can be an ass sometimes as well.

I think it’s pretty common knowledge that you need to take care of your beard, just like anything else like your body and your face and your hair.

Maybe you and your dad are magical unicorns and just didn’t have to do anything to your beards and they came out perfect lol.

If that’s your experience then that’s your experience. So I’m saying let’s just agree to disagree and move on.
Did you think Ned Kelly or other back in the day people used products?
Do you think honestly your snug comment is not describing itself as it is written
My dad is not a unicorn and it is ignorant to speak how you are
Take a look at your comment and try to not see the backhanded Hypocrisy
Besides the many modern beards that are out there not product manicured how do you explain indigenous beards around the world that are perfect and there are plenty pics on net for you like bushrangers

So different hair People have from different ethnicities
Historical examples of white and other people
Modern people with beards - not just my father

None of this counts

Just your opinion and being right

Enjoy that attitude bud

Now this if you read through is the first comment where I'm actually giving some attitude back here

Enjoy your day mate go have a dab n relax the attitude

Gentlemen.... are we seriously arguing about facial hair? :cool:

I would think that this... just like which vape is best.... might be subjective? Just like some women wash their hair every day (me) and some go to the hair dresser once a week and have it done (something I totally don't understand) everyone's hair is different. And needs different treatment. Let's all vape a bowl or do a dab and relax.

It's hair ffs.... :biggrin:
This is what I said above

Both experiences could be true and people have different hair

I wasn't being snarky nor did I feel upset or bitey until the last comment

I didn't feel the need to be "right"

Did you think Ned Kelly or other back in the day people used products?
Do you think honestly your snug comment is not describing itself as it is written
My dad is not a unicorn and it is ignorant to speak how you are
Take a look at your comment and try to not see the backhanded Hypocrisy
Besides the many modern beards that are out there not product manicured how do you explain indigenous beards around the world that are perfect and there are plenty pics on net for you like bushrangers

So different hair People have from different ethnicities
Historical examples of white and other people
Modern people with beards - not just my father

None of this counts

Just your opinion and being right

Enjoy that attitude bud

Now this if you read through is the first comment where I'm actually giving some attitude back here

Enjoy your day mate go have a dab n relax the attitude

Jesus Christ dude lol
You were literally telling me that I was wrong.

I’m just tired of your smug attitude and your know it all bullshit

Jesus Christ dude lol
You were literally telling me that I was wrong.

I’m just tired of your smug attitude and your know it all bullshit
Nice attitude again describing itself

If you go back I responded to @Stevenski comment talking about his dad at first not yours
And twas you who started to tell me I was wrong

I never once said YOU don't need product
I said not all do
You couldn't let it go

Enjoy your attitude buddy

Have a good one

Nice attitude again describing itself

If you go back I responded to @Stevenski comment at first not yours
And twas you who started to tell me I was wrong

I never once said YOU don't need product
I said not all do
You couldn't let it go

Enjoy your attitude buddy

Have a good one

That’s just not correct go back and read.
Then you alluded to me being a sucker for buying beard products “there’s a market for everything”

Fuck off

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back