Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I can assure you I did not do it :dog:. That is what you pay a barber for. I only did it on a spur of the moment & it was closer than anything I have had. Not for me though. Besides costing $35 I do not like the feeling of a straight razor on my throat :lol:.
$35!! It is worth doing at least once in a lifetime. I might spurge on my B-day and have a barber give me a razor cut. As far as :chuck: using a straight razor on myself, that is way way advanced for me. Still trying yo master the DE. Sliced off a little piece of chin yesterday. So at least I'm honing my profile. :goofy:
Gentlemen, You should try a straight razor on your legs! When I was a young girl learning to shave my legs,
I remember slicing long threads of my shin off, while learning to shave. I am six feet tall, so I have legs, and hated
that damn thing. My mom was old school and wouldn't buy the " new " razors. Luckily, I was blonde and light skinned,
so I put shaving / slicing my legs off a while longer. I am glad to no longer participate in this activity. But, you enjoy.:thumbsup:
That would be even harder to pull off, I figure. When I was scrounging for vintage razors I kept running into the Gillette Starburst. You might have fared better with one of these. The Best Kept Retro Grooming Secret - Pinup Girl Style . The Gillette starburst is a cool looking ladies DE razor, which I'm tempted to buy myself because it just looks cool. :cool: There is even safety razors with images on the box that were meant for women.
IMG_0840.jpg
9207a23c474693260fa29de65d6426c2.jpg

I would think that this... just like which vape is best.... might be subjective? Just like some women wash their hair every day (me) and some go to the hair dresser once a week and have it done (something I totally don't understand) everyone's hair is different. And needs different treatment. Let's all vape a bowl or do a dab and relax.
How true. That is in part of what spurned my hobby. There really are different design choices and function to choose from. Trying hard not to ramble too much on that point. :sleeping:Especially if you favor of having a beard. I'm not as big on scented soaps, presoap and aftershave. But if that kind of thing helps get you up in the morning and face the mirror with anticipation, then it's all good.
Yes trimming split ends is necessary to keep it healthy as is the need for a dog brush my dad had
Olive oil or emu oil is great to run through occasionally just like hair
Emu oil one of most penetrative thin oils going good for skin too
When I did have a beard last year, I knew it would start itching in two weeks. Then the dry skin around the chin and the need to comb it out. So any product that would have prevented it, would have been a plus. Emu oil? TIL was Emu oil is. :science:
Well the old school Arko soap that I'm waiting for has sodium Tallowate in it. Which makes it slick, perhaps why your Emu oil works so well? (animal fat. Sorry vegans. Had to try it out for myself.)

If you own a VC vape, then you might have made the connection/obsession I made with my DE razors. The design in the handles could be replicated at Dynavap's metal shop. There is a whole market of designer handles with the same modularity that the Vapcaps offer. Then all the blades to try out. Can you see why I got hooked @momofthegoons ? :whipit:
Having a long/full beard requires some Maintenance otherwise it’ll just be a dry, tangled mess.
We should find out how the brothers in ZZtop manage their beards. They must have something sage to say. :myday:
:peace:

Now that I haven't had a honest job in fifteen years, I don't even own a comb or hairbrush, lol. True that i could always borrow the dogs brush tho if needed. I'm not bald, but I keep it short, too short to comb. I like it like this from my backpacking days, just easy to take care of on the trail, or on the run. I use disposable razors and soapy water to shave daily. Cheap n easy that's my motto. I guess I dress grunge too, as I sit here in the height of fashion, in a at least five year old long sleeve t shirt and ancient cargo pants.

@Shredder Are we related? Your wardrobe and hairstyle sound very familiar. I gave up on disposable razors because they are too freaking expensive. Plus I found an old electric, so use that to trim edges. I've had a beard since 1985, but trim the edges every now and again. A couple of years ago I stopped trimming it to see how long it would go. Long enough to braid as it turns out. But when it started getting caught in zippers it was time to shorten it.

When I was a youngen, I used to do 'hair modeling' for apprentice hairdressers(good way to meet girlls back then'. I also modeled for their exams and one time it was for a cut-throat shave...the young girl was shaking before she started due to exam pressure, I just put on a brave face and told her I was thick-skinned. It all worked out fine, she passed and I lived with no blood loss, it was a nice clean shave in the end.:thumbsup:

I could not ever have a beard, too many bongs would not seal properly:smilie-devil:

First things first I want to make clear I am not impressed with the barbs that were thrown about by a few members here. This is why one of the few rules we have here is BE NICE. Everything stems from that. By all means disagree & argue the toss six ways to Sunday but be nice about it. No mod here wants to be issuing warnings & points but bet your bottom dollar it will happen with a quickness if folks want to push the point.

If anyone feels challenged/insulted by a member the best thing to do is a quick PM to said member (if you feel comfortable doing so). Frequently it can be a context issue or the language used & just misunderstanding. Otherwise report the post. The report feature is there for a reason so if you feel someone's post requires reporting do so. Each report is reviewed by more than one moderator to ensure a impartial & considered decision is made. Bear in mind that frivolous reporting of posts is more than frowned upon by staff as well.

We want lively discussion, debate & banter between members. Just be fucking nice about it & all will be good.

$Trying hard not to ramble too much on that point. :sleeping:

This is the thread for a ramblin so by all means go right ahead.

I'm not as big on scented soaps, presoap and aftershave. But if that kind of thing helps get you up in the morning and face the mirror with anticipation, then it's all good.

You don't need any of the fancy stuff really. I used to boil the kettle & use a hot towel etc. Now I do the bare minimum so I don't look homeless. Mondays & Wednesdays I shave thanks to casual Friday dress code :lol:.

When I did have a beard last year, I knew it would start itching in two weeks. Then the dry skin around the chin and the need to comb it out. So any product that would have prevented it, would have been a plus.

A beard oil is essential when growing out a beard. The skin needs time to adjust & will get dry, scaly & itchy unless you do so. Once the beard has "settled" the skin will adjust & you don't need to use oil as frequently (if you don't want to). The key is surviving weeks 2-6 without caving to the razor.

I guess I dress grunge too, as I sit here in the height of fashion, in a at least five year old long sleeve t shirt and ancient cargo pants.

Sitting here in a faded old tshirt & some ratty Everlast shorts I feel ya :lol:.

I could not ever have a beard, too many bongs would not seal properly:smilie-devil:

With a short beard that is absolutely the case. Get a bit of length into it & it is a lot easier mate. Loving the fact I can use my SOL again as my mo is long enough to not get in the way. A disc or teat mouthpiece of course negates that issue.

Last edited:
This is the thread for a ramblin so by all means go right ahead.
Yea, the whole face grooming topic has come around one more time. And our umm fashion sense? :idon'tknow:
Guess I'll reveal my garb choices as well. I usually wear closes that I can easily leave my desk chair and go hiking in. Like those beige pants with the zip off the legs? So no room for me to judge here. :lol: A wickable short or long sleeve shirt. Fleece and layers. Have some cotton clothes when I visit peeps and family. Other than work clothes.
Gives me the shivers just looking. lol
OMG the ones in the second pic are scary to me as well. :uhoh: The ones on the left and right are 'open comb'. It allows for larger hairs to pass though. good for bears, I've read. Which is too advanced type of a razor for me. Wow! Some ladies must have some had some tree stump for hairs back in the day.
True that i could always borrow the dogs brush tho if needed.
Does he mind?
But when it started getting caught in zippers it was time to shorten it.
:lol: So glad that my mustache area grows slow and is well behaved and that doesn't retain food. Like others have been bothered with. :dog: The good/bad of having a frozen beard.
I hate shaving but also hate having a beard........electric trimmer every ten days or so.
One of the perks of being self employed is I set the dress code.........lolz.
With a walk-in barber shop as well. :biggrin: Yea, I'd like to work my way up to trimming my hair. Perhaps with an electric trimmer, then with manual trimmers, if possible. But that's a long ways off. Trying to get my bathroom Barbershop clean and some skills with the other razors to try out.
I used to boil the kettle & use a hot towel etc.
Trying to get more skilled and shorten my steps and not run the taps so much. But still understand why things like a hot towel is effective. Like it opens up the pores so you can get a closer shave. I get what witch hazel is about. It closes the pores after a shave. :science:The boars brush retains a lot of water by natures design. So I exploit that. When I say want to skip the hot towel treatment. The Arko soap I'm waiting for, is a stick than can be directly applied to the face and worked with a wet brush. So even less fuss. I figure. But I will allow myself those slower days to do it with a hot towel and the longhand steps and the triples pass as well. And have it be more of a pleasure than a practice. :thumbsup:

I have joined a shaving forum when I started. So I wouldn't waste too much money and time on mistakes. Had fun along the way. Got gifted some free razors from one ebay international seller. Another sent me a scale by accident or knew I wanted one which is eerie item to get out of the blue. And got on all sorts of fun tangents with the topic here at the asylum. :buzz:Like say Emu oil.

Trying to think spring where I'm at and get the outdoor vapes in rotation. Want to get in shape to bike and wait to far into spring to get in shape. To think how long electric bikes and airless tires are progressing. Not to where I can afford or depend on. We have a bike sharing program in our area and some of the bikes are electric. Got to try one on for size and it impressed me enough to be optimistic for a pedal assist of my own at some point. But feel that more need to be made and redesigned before it narrows to where it would be worthwhile for me to bite. :cheeseburger:
:peace:

My granny was Sicilian and my grandpa was a gorilla.............mrs.arb gives me a bimonthly mowing from top to bottom else I would be a midget wookie.
Except my legs all the hair fell out in my forties.............somehow tied in with the osteoporosis via genetics according to experts.
How is that for weird..................and wtf does emu oil smell like?

Sorry just cant get"emu oil" out of my head...........so many questions.
:uhh:

My granny was Sicilian and my grandpa was a gorilla.............mrs.arb gives me a bimonthly mowing from top to bottom else I would be a midget wookie.
Except my legs all the hair fell out in my forties.............somehow tied in with the osteoporosis via genetics according to experts.
How is that for weird..................and wtf does emu oil smell like?

Sorry just cant get"emu oil" out of my head...........so many questions.
:uhh:
Pretty neutral smelling once processed
Great stuff for many purposes
Very thin, penetrative stuff
Beats the coconut oil trend (not that coconut oil is bad)

wtf does emu oil smell like?

I'm guessing it smells like emu?

This from Wikipedia:

The emu (Dromaius novaehollandiae) is the second-largest living bird by height, after its ratite relative, the ostrich. It is endemic to Australia where it is the largest native bird and the only extant member of the genus Dromaius. The emu's range covers most of mainland Australia, but the Tasmanian, Kangaroo Island and King Island subspecies became extinct after the European settlement of Australia in 1788. The bird is sufficiently common for it to be rated as a least-concern species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.

Emus are soft-feathered, brown, flightless birds with long necks and legs, and can reach up to 1.9 metres (6.2 ft) in height. Emus can travel great distances, and when necessary can sprint at 50 km/h (31 mph); they forage for a variety of plants and insects, but have been known to go for weeks without eating. They drink infrequently, but take in copious amounts of water when the opportunity arises.

The emu & kangaroo are on the Australian coat of arms because they only move forward. We also lost a war against them & it is known as "the Great Emu War" .

LOL @felvapes I thought I posted that an hour ago but was unposted :dog:

Trying to think spring where I'm at and get the outdoor vapes in rotation. Want to get in shape to bike and wait to far into spring to get in shape.
Since its like 40F. here in my area (spring) haha, I thought to take the road bike out on the rail trail today and stretch the legs a bit..
always accompanied with a packed Dyna/flame for break time. too early for that..
WP_20190222_13_36_40_Rich_LI[2109].jpg

At least I have PTO to cover it :razz2:

good thing u have this, or it could mean Mental Health day as well, cause working with others can b stressful.

So...........a old,dirty,musty parrot type of funk...........lolz.
I was watching that Aussie tv show housos and mrs.arb and I feel like we would fit right in.
:smug:

If you like Housos you should check out Fat Pizza :biggrin:.

FlusteredEnlightenedAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

Worked 2 hours then said fuck it
Called out “sick” for the rest of the day
At least I have PTO to cover it :razz2:

Good call. The only bad part is you went in for two hours first rather than have a full day off. At my work we are encouraged to take a day off if we are not fit for work be it physically or spiritually.

If you like Housos you should check out Fat Pizza :biggrin:.

FlusteredEnlightenedAchillestang-max-1mb.gif

Good call. The only bad part is you went in for two hours first rather than have a full day off. At my work we are encouraged to take a day off if we are not fit for work be it physically or spiritually.
I've met and interviewed Pauly and sleek a number of times Sleek a regular around the traps I first met when they were starting out, gave them.promo on the radio show I did
Sleek a good fulla, Pauly ok but a bit up himself

Angry Anderson however is racist and ultra conservative in his old age, he lives on the north shore these days, a long way from the working class rose tattoo days
I knew his son from the music scene, a rich wannabe rapper who got into ice (meth for the US ppl) to try and live the struggle others did so he could rap about it...lol
Didn't do him much good, we said he wouldn't last and he got stabbed by his mate last year...angry pretending to not know the friend but it's not true

If people think the emu is a formidable sounding bird that beat the newcomers in a war
Check out the cassowary ..... This one is a killer bird we have in Aus that will mess you up
Pretty looking though.....

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back