Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

All this emu talk stirred my memories.

A farmer friend used to have an annual party at harvest time for friends and neighbors. It became over time a giant feast. Sometimes bbqing tons of a variety of exoctic meats. While there a bit early, to help my friend get ready, a chum of my farmer friend pulls in with an emu in a cage in the back of his truck.

He owed Zak money and wanted to pay with the bird. I was surprised Zak agreed because to me the bird looked vicious, not tame at all. The dude said where do you want it? Zak said don't move it, I'll be right back. He came back with a gun and shot it in the head, in the cage.

So we ate BBQ emu, along with lots of adult beverages. If I remember right it tasted pretty good.

I have shot and eaten Peacock before but I haven't tried Emu. I suspect an accurate .22lr would be more effective/humane than a Lewis Machine Gun on Emu..:thumbsup:

Emu tastes great
Best smoked and sliced thin, nice in a salad like that
It is a salty meat
Very flavourful though good stuff
I used to work in the first bush food restaurant we had in Aus
Run by a French/Aus fulla who went round the country learning how to cook bush food traditional way and then mixed it with a fine dining version in a kitchen
He only employed Aboriginal apprentices to pay back for making millions off their culture
We made a mean emu salad from smoked and sliced thin meat
It is salty thus the thin slices
It is a red purple colour meat as opposed to white meat like chicken

I've never eaten peacock though @LesPlenty
Have had plenty of other bush meat though

I am off to bed, up in 6 hours to head on an adventure...smell yas later(18 days if I survive):wave:

I am off to bed, up in 6 hours to head on an adventure...smell yas later(18 days if I survive):wave:
If I'm not too late, Have fun getting lost.
It is a red purple colour meat as opposed to white meat like chicken
I have shot and eaten Peacock before but I haven't tried Emu.
Emu tastes great
O.K.. I like to use 'all of the buffalo' and am just finding out about Emu oil and leather. Might even get some FS oil at some point. You guys got me looking at pics of emu meat. :hungry:
Since its like 40F. here in my area (spring) haha, I thought to take the road bike out on the rail trail today and stretch the legs a bit..
Lots of rail to trails in my area and connecting bike paths and routes. Just need the weather to cooperate just a little more motivation. More bikers post vids, So I can familiarize myself of some places beforehand. Bikes get better. Bike options get better. I can rent an electric bike in the winter locally.

Last edited:
@felvapes
Sorry for flying off the handle before. It was unnecessary. :peace:

Just washed and conditioned my beard this morning then did a clipper trim. Thinned out the mustache too.
I use a 3 gaurd on the sides and then shaped up the ends.
C8AD0DF3-6D30-4CE0-9EEB-05DA3B9FABA2.jpeg

Put some Citrus Fire oil in...this scent is so good. :chuck:

Have a good time mate enjoy the break
Let us know how your porta power and vapes go ;)

@felvapes
Sorry for flying off the handle before. It was unnecessary. :peace:

Just washed and conditioned my beard this morning then did a clipper trim. Thinned out the mustache too.
I use a 3 gaurd on the sides and then shaped up the ends.
View attachment 7498

Put some Citrus Fire oil in...this scent is so good. :chuck:
Appreciate the apology mate, good form...
Hope your day goes well

That is one healthy looking beard @I'm Ron Burgundy?. Next time don't thin the mo bro :cool:. My mo has now entered the Bill the butcher stage & I have noticed a lot more stares. Out shopping yesterday I nearly stopped a few blokes & asked if they had a problem. Then I realised they were staring at the hunk of undiluted manliness above my lip & not looking for a fight :lol: (not that I like to fight).

So I spent the better part of the morning on hold with my cable provider and my charge card company. Talk about feeling like you are wasting time!

We had our charge cards compromised... again. Fuckers even made cash draws this time. :shakehead: Thank god Visa is so on it and willing to work with you. But to activate my new card I had to call in to customer service because the online service would not recognize me. That was a 20 minute hold session.

But that was nothing compared to the wait I had with my cable provider when I called to get our bill lowered. We have been paying an insane amount for our package and I found out recently that someone I know is getting the same package for $100/mo less. Well. I let them know how I felt about that! :cursing: Three departments later I was talking to the loyalty and retention supervisor. And I am happy to say that I am now also paying $100/mo less. :champion: Okay... I had to hear this guy's whole life story and that of his mother to get it... but......

Moral of this story?

Bitch loud enough and they'll listen. However, in the process, you may have to do a little listening yourself. :biggrin:

Yes. I just got a new phone, great, right? Wrong.
I can't get phone calls, when I am home ( all of the time ), and
no text messages. Really? I am handicapped with a phone that is useless.
Thanks, for stealing my money, and refusing to help, unless putting my husband on hold for
45 minutes, and not talking to him while he's on hold, but, you send him text messages on his phone, to boot.
He was on the phone, you could have talked to him! Oh, they also informed him HIS phone worked. :thinker:
Glad to see, you got your problem remedied, @momofthegoons . Just had to let off steam, as I can't call anyone.
One last word-- Dicks.

That's a nice looking beard, @I'm Ron Burgundy? I grew my beard out pretty big (to my standards) for a while, but I get tired and need a change-up. If I don't take care of my beard, it gets unruly and wild...here's a funny compilation I just threw together
half and half beard.jpg

On the left is when I don't trim and comb it, and on the right, it's taken care of.

At one point recently I shaved off everything but a pencil thin mustache! It was not a hit at home.

Last edited:
Moral of this story?

Bitch loud enough and they'll listen. However, in the process, you may have to do a little listening yourself. :biggrin:

If you want to save time tell them you are terminating the agreement & rather than get transferred to the account closing team you will be transferred to retention & they are the people who have the ability to "do what needs to be done" to retain the account. Having flashbacks to when I had to terminate my internet provider & they could not understand that I had moved & did not require it at my address.

Damm that sux about your cards getting compromised. Whilst you are protected by the banks for fraud it does not eliminate the fuck around of having to remember to update everything that card pays.

At one point recently I shaved off everything but a pencil thin mustache! It was not a hit at home.

Always wanted to be able to pull off a pencil mo as they look rather dapper. The gods saw different. When I rock a solo mustache I find having a zero fucks attitude helps.

Damm it feels good to have a four day weekend lined up. Managed to get a whole bunch of shit sorted today so walked out with a clear conscience.

Edit: Damm I said damm a lot in this post. Kids this is what happens when you post stoned & go into an internal loop........

Not my first, nor my last

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back