Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

@Helios I'm with you - dumb everything. I'm seriously considering the Punkt phone - The MP02 does phone and text, and apparently will have a little added functionality in the next version (weather alerts might be helpful, as an example).

I tend to do a fair bit of research online, but am slowly getting rid of things like Google and other social media because it's simply too invasive. More Duck duck go and Firefox, less FB and Google.

A (retired Naval officer) buddy sent me this vid a few months ago which kinda makes you think a bit about where technology could go...

In a very short period of time we went from phones that would let us remove battery to phones that can't be turned off and listen to everything. I'm watching these... https://www.punkt.ch/en/
I'd like/settle for a phone that I can use and say accidentally drop out of my pocket and don't have a mini stress attack. :goofy:
Unfortunately the smartphone is a key for other accounts. That will be a lot of untangling to correct that. A simple rugged phone that has weather band radio and GPS with the tiles stored in the phone. Txt and email.

Not sure Is 5g dangerous? So I might avoid being around anyone using a 5g phone until I know the science. :stick: Is this considered 'bleeding edge' technology? :facepalm2:
Made sure my phone always has that removeable battery feature.
I always boil down what I want in a phone the power available. Why did most phones go the path of the toaster? Removable and standardized would be the way to go. You should be able to use your phone as a charger for your backups batteries as well. And definitly not all the odd formats of batteries we have now. Or how about a phone that essentially snaps on to a power brick of your desired power or/vs desired width size? :science: Go modular. @Cuckfumbustion likes modular. Oh yea, I even saw one model that the bottom end comes out and you can swap battery and mem card.
Moral of this story?

Bitch loud enough and they'll listen. However, in the process, you may have to do a little listening yourself. :biggrin:
Indeed buffer some time and mindspace to listen and put the coffee on. :nod:I've tried to get in my mindset when I know that I am about to go through the loops of conversations and try to ready up for that. :BangHead:So I don't say blow a fuse or get into 'showdown' mode. Most of these conversations are recorded or at least it is mentioned endlessly in the recording loop. :nut: So I try to be sympathetic to the person who's job it is to untangle my problem and recognize just how much power and understanding thet is at heir capacity and don't badger them if they seem thick. :goofs:Clearly define or clarify the problem back to them and make sure they arn't half listening to you or oversimplifying what you are conveying. And I try to get a ticket number or name early before being sent to play phone pong and perhaps re-explain your problem to the next in the chain of command. If it is a chain. :idon'tknow: Sometimes certain people will sense my intention when I speak to them on the phone and they will even admit to having to deal with the 'oversight' themselves and the stress they have to go through to correct the problem. I'll mention the word 'oversight' enough to them, so they are comfortable into digging further into my problem.

But I'm no pushover, I do have some polite ways to mention that I was tossed around the phone system like I was out to sea, clinging to a board for the last hour in the phone echo chamber and I'd like to get closer to a solution. :smackdown:

I burnt a bunch off on an outdoor survival course last weekend. Any way to cut down on overpriced razors is worth it, no?

;)
I like standing backwards to a campfire and let the heat roast off my leg hair. Then watch the hairs blow in the breeze like pollen. Have trimmed my lip hairs accidentally when lighting things too close to my face. :torching::yikes:
Doesn't the hair fuse together? Or do you use a well crafted fire stick? Maybe I'll use a heat gun on myself. :goofy:

On the left is when I don't trim and comb it, and on the right, it's taken care of.

At one point recently I shaved off everything but a pencil thin mustache! It was not a hit at home.
I don't like to carry a comb. So I'd use this brush which is essentially a rake. Well OK, it was a 'dog brush' I bought from a dollar store, but the pointy-ness and the teeth get's right down to the scalp and trains the hairs. If that makes sense. Still looking for a respectable equivalent or have it 3d printed? I would be less inclined to scratch my beard. If I only knew about beard oil/treatment at those times I wore a beard?

Always wanted to be able to pull off a pencil mo as they look rather dapper. The gods saw different. When I rock a solo mustache I find having a zero fucks attitude helps.
A pencil thin mustache (done right) is like a licence. The one guy in the band Sparx and Vincent Price and John Waters does come to mind for me. I've thought a little more about the Bill the Butcher mustache. It does look like two arms held up, with their sleeves rolled down ready for a fight. :chuck: I get it. Or I watched to many Popeye cartoons. :smoke:. Never wore a stash of any kind. If I have a razor in my hand, it's coming off. Had to try a goatee once, so I would know what my doppleganger would look like, If he entered this dimension and tried any mayhem here on Earth Prime. :smackdown:

Beard growers, I do want to clip my own hair. And maybe you want to trim/thin your beard. After using different electric clippers, perhaps. I want to graduate to using a pair of manual clippers. But that's miles ahead.
Man is this shaving and beard conversation is still going? :dogpile:Well here's an old school straight razor shave that we all can hang out in the barbershop with and continue our conversation. Like back in the day.

I don’t know what to do.
I can’t do this job anymore.
I feel stuck...I have good benefits and the pay is ok, not great. Schedule is decent.

But I hate my position. It’s hard to move around in this company, but I’m trying to get out of the service department.

I just can’t stand talking to these whiny adults anymore. It’s literally mentally draining and I don’t want to talk to anyone after I’m done with this job each day.

I’ve resorted to bringing my Dynavap to work just to deal with this shit.

But I don’t like vaping during the work day. Been looking online for other jobs...guess we’ll see :ugh:

Last edited:
I don’t know what to do.
I sounds like you have hit a crossroads in your life. But I also know you are a responsible adult with a family.... so you don't want to do anything drastic that could have a negative effect on them (or yourself).

My advice would be to keep your feelers out for what's out there. If you need to; take a class or two to hone or update some skills. It's important to be 'current' in the workforce. But the most important thing is to keep a positive outlook that you can, and will, find something better suited to you.

Also remember that changing jobs is stressful in itself. All the more important that, when you make the change, it is for something you would like to do more.

Do you have any ideas of what direction you'd like to go in?

I don’t know what to do.
I feel stuck...I have good benefits and the pay is ok, not great. Schedule is decent.

But I hate my position. It’s hard to move around in this company, but I’m trying to get out of the service department.

I just can’t stand talking to these whiny adults anymore. It’s literally mentally draining and I don’t want to talk to anyone after I’m done with this job each day.

I’ve resorted to bringing my Dynavap to work just to deal with this shit.

But I don’t like vaping during the work day. Been looking online for other jobs...guess we’ll see :ugh:
Sadly it all becomes the same after time..........find the best job you can find and seek fulfillment at home.

There is a few middle paths as well. And better ways to help with these people who come to you with their problems. :cursing:

Service Industry? I feel ya. My sociability battery is about 2 hours a day. So I have to parse it out. :goofy: And nearly every job I get wants me to use the phone or deal with toucholes. So I have to sharpen my speechcraft and cut to the chase. :juggle: Not be rude, but imply that your time matters. So they don't squander it with prattle. I'm not much of a wooden soundboard for a litany of the other's problems. :cursing:.....:cursing:.....:cursing:.......... :ugh:. I stay on point and identify the problem out loud and what I can/can't/should/shouldn't do. Start with what you are sympathetic with. End with a solution for said problem. Or at least tell them where you capable of helping. And that doesn't include more soundboard time. :cursing:.....:cursing:.....:cursing:.......... :ugh:. If done effectively, they will be quick to thank you. Even if you can't really help them. You gave them a sort of social tool and a direction to follow. :angel2:That skill will carry over as a side benefit out in the wild as well.

My advice would be to keep your feelers out for what's out there.
Indeed. All good advice. :nod: Glad you brought this here @I'm Ron Burgundy? . Classes or working at certifications in different fields can break the tedium of the one job. Some people I know will do volunteer work so they get good at something else with little or no risk. And they can use different parts of their brain and skill sets or however you care to divide it. And avoid burnout at either.

Or something small like maybe taking a break just to regain perspective for when you come back to work. I'm trying to get into a routine where work days seem shorter and I have more energy in the latter part of the day. Sadly, I've seen some people possessed or plagued with what I would have considered the minutiae of the day. :stick: Now I'm a little bit more sympathetic for the everyday whines after a repose, that I can hear them with better acuity and filter out where I can or should take action or allow fate to play out. And hope they have a teaching moment. And yes, when for me to cut and run...:outtahere:

I try to have healthy outlets that allow me to unpack just what flippen' reindeer games were played at work this week. :BangHead: So I have the brain space for the others hours of my life. Or maybe a trip to the farm might help.

Sadly it all becomes the same after time..........find the best job you can find and seek fulfillment at home.
Conversely, There are jobs that can seem like a break from real life. :chill: Oh I don't have to think about the problems at home. I'm occupied at work. :newspaper: Where someone else worries about paying the utilities and the clean bathrooms. YMMV.

That's why I like working with my hands, you get instant feed back, and if you screw up you can slap your self up. Well that and nobody wanted me representing them on their phones, lol.

I guy told me he lost his job, he said if they take back what they said to him, that he'd consider going back. I asked what did they say? He said , your fired, lol.

This week sux.

We have a ranch style house. 3 bedrooms, 2 large baths, kitchen, dining room, living room, utility room, and large closets, a pantry and two hall ways. Right now 5 of those rooms are tore up. Everything is in the middle of the rooms. Painters are repainting the entire interior, ceilings and walls. When there done and in a few weeks were getting a new wood floor to replace carpet and vinyl. And their ripping our our master bath tub and separate shower to install a tiled shower with a bench and linen closet where the shower was.

All this activity with me minimally involved is driving me nuts, lol. Plus they show up at 8 am, so I can't sleep till my usual 9. The weather isn't great to just hang outside. I almost wish I had a job to go to just to get away.

This week sux.

We have a ranch style house. 3 bedrooms, 2 large baths, kitchen, dining room, living room, utility room, and large closets, a pantry and two hall ways. Right now 5 of those rooms are tore up. Everything is in the middle of the rooms. Painters are repainting the entire interior, ceilings and walls. When there done and in a few weeks were getting a new wood floor to replace carpet and vinyl. And their ripping our our master bath tub and separate shower to install a tiled shower with a bench and linen closet where the shower was.

All this activity with me minimally involved is driving me nuts, lol. Plus they show up at 8 am, so I can't sleep till my usual 9. The weather isn't great to just hang outside. I almost wish I had a job to go to just to get away.
Gawd.... there is nothing worse than contractors in the house... and the house being torn up. And you're having major stuff done.

But you'll be so glad when it's all done. Especially that walk in shower with the bench. Best thing I ever did to my house. :thumbsup:

We just redid our house due to Hurricane Irma, it takes forever. But @Shredder you'll be so pleased.
I just love being in my new place, like new! ( it is :lol:)
Have fun, look forward to the new.

I hope if we're ever done that we will be pleased. Thanks.

Filed under rut ro, just found a corner of a sliding glass door has black mold. $&@$! Another thing to deal with. Where's my vape?

White vinegar is your mold killing friend............

I already sprayed it with bleach for now. And I'll work on it this weekend. I'll find a mask, and brush it first, and if I have to, sand it off. I have a little corner sander that would work I think. But I wanna kill it first so as to not spread spores. It's an area about the size of a dollar bill, and unseen because it's behind the screen door, and its winter here so we don't use the screen door right now.

This spring I'll have my neighbor, who is a contractor and is installing the floor and tiled shower to add a door to my bill. It's actually been on our radar, but this will just push that up. We have like a 3 year plan to upgrade this house. We bought it at a large discount during the housing crisis from a divorcing couple, and we had the upgrades planned for a while. First tho was my grow room, lol. And last year a bigger pole barn. Now it's the houses turn.

Island holidays are nice but it sure is nice to have ac electrickery again...and a really comfortable bed again...camping holidays can be murder on old injuries,
IMG_20190313_121832.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back