Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

We are in less of an immediate danger today
But still have to be ready
Strong winds today which don't help, but fires right near me have been controlled for now
Others in places not that far from me are still in the danger zone

Stay safe @felvapes. Thankfully the temps have dropped overnight but it will be a short respite at best. Having friends in several of the worst affected areas it is heartbreaking to see the scale of the devastation on a personal level. Half a billion animals dead at least. It is seriously fucking depressing & i am one of the lucky ones.

A fundamental lack of resources & planning have greatly assisted this seasons catastrophic conditions. So have the mongrels deliberately lighting them.

To put a scale on the fire size for those who are unaware just how big they are.

f9ac0ef.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows I am a total klutz. This is no joke... I can hurt myself just standing in a room. I've had more accidents... anything from being hit by a car on my bike two weeks before my wedding to breaking a toe coming out from a pedicure (true story... happened last week).

So a couple months back I went in to the doctor to get my knee checked. It's been clicking and hurting and I thought I could maybe get a shot and be all better.... lol.... well.... he tells me I need a knee replacement.

This would be my fifth joint replacement....... and my response was....

giphy-25.gif

and then...

512762228-9e74825cacc83cd1c91e506b49b4ecf1.jpg

He didn't laugh. He looked over his glasses at me and asked when I'd like to schedule. And would I like to do this out patient....

OUT PATIENT?!!?!?!?!?! :yikes: I think not......

So I bargained for one night in the hospital. And will be starting my stay tomorrow morning. And have decided that going forward I will forego the leather for an outfit like this.... cause this is just getting old.

morning_picdump_2891_640_52.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows I am a total klutz. This is no joke... I can hurt myself just standing in a room. I've had more accidents... anything from being hit by a car on my bike two weeks before my wedding to breaking a toe coming out from a pedicure (true story... happened last week).

So a couple months back I went in to the doctor to get my knee checked. It's been clicking and hurting and I thought I could maybe get a shot and be all better.... lol.... well.... he tells me I need a knee replacement.

View attachment 15578

and then...

View attachment 15579

He didn't laugh. He looked over his glasses at me and asked when I'd like to schedule. And would I like to do this out patient....

So I bargained for one night in the hospital. And will be starting my stay tomorrow morning. And have decided that going forward I will forego the leather for an outfit like this.... cause this is just getting old.

View attachment 15580
I hope everything goes well with your stay and procedure
Bionic woman there .....

When computer seat experts and conservative government that run a country like a business try to blame planning and resources as opposed to climate change and lack of army help or listening to the firefighters and those on the ground who are experts in the field
Or world scientists - they are only useful to quote when you want to mine something

This is a semi humourous video instead of straight info as we need to keep it light to survive, but the people who know are still speaking and sharing how things are not the same as ever before

Gotta love our creepy PM grabbing ppls hands too
If I did that to women I'd be arrested for assault
He's only slightly less creepy than scabbot was

The chats are a good band to look up too if want a listen

View attachment 15578

and then...

I hope you have little or no pain, and a speedy recovery. :wave:

I feel for you guys in Australia. Not much I can say that helps but I hope they get the fires 100% contained soon. The loss of life, animals and property among other things is tremendously sad. But life finds a way and you guys will bounce back. :peace:
Cheers mate
We are fighters here

It makes it all worse when in an 8 year drought there is water that has been dammed up and is now sold as privatised water
It's the natural river systems and has been diverted to stop farmers and big rivers getting the natural water they need or normally would

This was a policy that Howard brought in privatising water many years ago now

Water that farmers have no access to without lots of money
The rivers are drying up

There is extra water overflowing from the dam and flooding and killing bushland in national parks because they don't want to give anything away being profit orientated

Disgusting policies and management

I've been reading a little about your fires and the reasons behind them. It seems your politicians are as fucked up as ours, unfortunately. Maybe, hopefully, this is a low for both our countries with better times coming.

Reminds me of the Neil Young lyric from "vampire blues" on his old "on the beach" album "good times are coming, but they're sure coming slow."

Just a friendly reminder that political discussion not related to cannabis is against the forum rules.

We have two main rules; the main rule is to 'Be Nice.' And the second is NO politics (other than cannabis related law).

The forum rules, policies and etiquette are posted here.

Just a friendly reminder that political discussion not related to cannabis is against the forum rules.

The forum rules, policies and etiquette are posted here.

Also didn't mean to break the rules

I was just sharing facts that have happened and how bad these decisions have been and have helped lead to this crisis we are living in here right now and that there is water being not only held at ransom but wasted in overflow

It wouldn't matter who was in power, I would point out the same issues regardless as they are serious and killing people at the moment

It wasn't supposed to be a "political" post as a fire and drought post with reasons and examples of how we got here

I didn't actually say one way or another who I politically support, just that these certain people have made some shite and dangerous decisions (and creepy ones grabbing people for photo ops)

I understand how it is on the fence as to breaking the rules and sorry if I did this
But wasn't the main subject of my post or focus

We are just in crisis mode here and some people have a lot to answer for no matter where they sit in parliament

Btw those strip searching police with sniffer dogs are out every day currently in multiple spots in NSW - even at 7 in the morning at railway stations while people on the way to work
And this premier knocked back help from army whilst pushing this harrassment of children and general public

People dying in fires and losing absolutely everything and she knocks back help to save people but wastes police resources on this every single day

It's frustrating to say the least and I again apologise for sharing and maybe breaking the rules

It really wasn't the focus of my posts

For us it isn't just the rush to destroy the planet we all share
Or our distant associates from a safe place

It's us and our families and friends and communities losing out right now directly and we are still in danger

Since September some of these fires have been going on
I smell and see smoke everyday outside
My car is covered in ash from the wind carrying it

So F any and all the politicians doing FA to make things better and having added to it along the way - whoever they are as both/all sides have made some major mistakes over the last few decades

EDIT
On another point here is an article showing some of the all too common behaviour in this country that supposedly pulls together to help everyone in a crisis
Not politicians but welfare workers

Last edited:
The current rainfall we have been having the last two days is a wonderful break
Some places have flooding to deal with, and other places still need more

Buuut, some places have full dams and 30 + fires have been extinguished :D

Still more burning, and still so much devastation to clean up and help those that lost all, but a much needed grace at any rate

Loving the sound of rain outside

(I said it would rain straight after I washed the car !!! Worked extra well hahaa)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back