Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Garden Thread

It’s avocado time!
I have two trees in the backyard positioned on a slope so it’s a little bit difficult to get down there, but worth it.
89DC897A-4A20-4C4E-AD42-B57EC8F1F4B6.jpeg
BF54ADFE-B212-41BE-A265-0DB7FF3AAB84.jpeg
80180221-843A-4DCC-A3C4-37B2803E68F3.jpeg

The raised beds have worked out nicely. I'm getting about 90% of my food from the garden now. I only buy eggs, nuts and dairy for curbside delivery. I was late receiving my seeds and seedlings and late planting but everything is doing well except the spinach, which has remained quite small. It's not a problem though as I have lots of Swiss chard and kale which I prefer to spinach anyway.
20200714_133928-3.jpg

The first baby watermelon.
20200714_134046.jpg

The raised beds have worked out nicely. I'm getting about 90% of my food from the garden now. I only buy eggs, nuts and dairy for curbside delivery. I was late receiving my seeds and seedlings and late planting but everything is doing well except the spinach, which has remained quite small. It's not a problem though as I have lots of Swiss chard and kale which I prefer to spinach anyway.
View attachment 19758
The first baby watermelon.
View attachment 19759
I would love to have a garden like your’s!
Too much for a small piece of land where we Iive?
My wife like’s it so I stay put atm.
Why is it so expensive to live here?
Need more CANNABIS 2-B CIVILIZED?
Off the grid would B bliss!

I had no idea eggplant had an orange variety......
This is the first year that I grew this unusual variety. I haven't cooked any yet, but they are very small, the size of a golf ball and the plant is not very productive. As far as eggplants go, the common black beauty variety you see in the stores has been the most productive variety I've grown and the plant is the most visually attractive by far. I enjoy trying unusual and heritage varieties. One of the joys of growing your own food is the vast variety of seed available. These little orange eggplants are fun but I doubt I'll grow them again.

We're doing some landscaping and haven't put our gardens in yet so I'm still container gardening. Gotta have jalapenos, we cook with them a lot. They add a hint of spice without being overwhelming, even my wife enjoys them. I let them fully ripen red before I harvest for fuller, sweeter flavor without losing any heat. I've also got some cherry tomatoes. My wife's not a tomato fan so I just eat them as I harvest them and share them with our 90 yr old neighbor. She says they're like candy and I agree.

jals.jpegcherry.jpeg

fuller, sweeter flavor
And don't forget, much juicier!
The last time I was able to redden a jalapeño was in the opening post for the thread. You will see 4 varieties of Jalapeños all gone red.
Sadly there is no spot in my new life for a garden... or even a potted plant.

Last edited:
We're doing some landscaping and haven't put our gardens in yet so I'm still container gardening. Gotta have jalapenos, we cook with them a lot. They add a hint of spice without being overwhelming, even my wife enjoys them. I let them fully ripen red before I harvest for fuller, sweeter flavor without losing any heat. I've also got some cherry tomatoes. My wife's not a tomato fan so I just eat them as I harvest them and share them with our 90 yr old neighbor. She says they're like candy and I agree.

View attachment 20557View attachment 20558
The food from the MAYAN INDIAN culture is ready spicy hot however very incredible.
When my family was living in CENTRAL AMERICA it was dangerous however the experience of food was amazing!
I grew Pepper’s in my garden however way too many!
My wife buy’s them from the local market however I love to grow stuff!

I was looking at a beautiful mixed pot of succulents that my DIL gave me for Mother's Day today.... and wishing I could bring it in for the winter. But... too many places bugs could hide and trying to de-bug it would be close to impossible without using a systemic... and even then it's not fool proof.

This is the planter.... front view...
IMG_7236.JPG

So I started poking around the plants and notice a couple of my favorites had little offshoots... the Snake plant and the Zebra Haworthia...

IMG_7239.JPG

IMG_7240.JPG

I went inside and grabbed a knife and now have some new 'babies' that I'm going to pot up once they've had a couple days to callous over.

IMG_7241.JPG

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back