Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Universe's Mysteries

SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
Young physicist 'squares the numbers' on time travel
by University of Queensland
time travel
Credit: Pixabay/CC0 Public Domain
Paradox-free time travel is theoretically possible, according to the mathematical modeling of a prodigious University of Queensland undergraduate student.

Fourth-year Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) student Germain Tobar has been investigating the possibility of time travel, under the supervision of UQ physicist Dr. Fabio Costa.
"Classical dynamics says if you know the state of a system at a particular time, this can tell us the entire history of the system," Mr Tobar said.
"This has a wide range of applications, from allowing us to send rockets to other planets and modeling how fluids flow.
"For example, if I know the current position and velocity of an object falling under the force of gravity, I can calculate where it will be at any time.
"However, Einstein's theory of general relativity predicts the existence of time loops or time travel—where an event can be both in the past and future of itself—theoretically turning the study of dynamics on its head."
Mr Tobar said a unified theory that could reconcile both traditional dynamics and Einstein's Theory of Relativity was the holy grail of physics.
"But the current science says both theories cannot both be true," he said.
"As physicists, we want to understand the Universe's most basic, underlying laws and for years I've puzzled on how the science of dynamics can square with Einstein's predictions.
"I wondered: "is time travel mathematically possible?"

Mr Tobar and Dr. Costa say they have found a way to "square the numbers" and Dr. Costa said the calculations could have fascinating consequences for science.
Young physicist 'squares the numbers' on time travel

Dr Fabio Costa (left) with Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) student Germain Tobar. Credit: Ho Vu
"The maths checks out—and the results are the stuff of science fiction," Dr. Costa said.

"Say you traveled in time, in an attempt to stop COVID-19's patient zero from being exposed to the virus.
"However if you stopped that individual from becoming infected—that would eliminate the motivation for you to go back and stop the pandemic in the first place.
"This is a paradox—an inconsistency that often leads people to think that time travel cannot occur in our universe.

"Some physicists say it is possible, but logically it's hard to accept because that would affect our freedom to make any arbitrary action.
"It would mean you can time travel, but you cannot do anything that would cause a paradox to occur."
However the researchers say their work shows that neither of these conditions have to be the case, and it is possible for events to adjust themselves to be logically consistent with any action that the time traveler makes.

"In the coronavirus patient zero example, you might try and stop patient zero from becoming infected, but in doing so you would catch the virus and become patient zero, or someone else would," Mr Tobar said.

"No matter what you did, the salient events would just recalibrate around you.
"This would mean that—no matter your actions—the pandemic would occur, giving your younger self the motivation to go back and stop it.
"Try as you might to create a paradox, the events will always adjust themselves, to avoid any inconsistency.
"The range of mathematical processes we discovered show that time travel with free will is logically possible in our universe without any paradox."

Last edited:

Here’s a ‘new’ mystery: https://dpsnews.utah.gov/dps-aero-bureau-encounters-monolith-in-red-rock-country/

I’m calling ‘new’ because it’s a new find: if you look at the Pix and vid, there’s no sign of installation...that hard floor seems undisturbed to my eye. Desert floors can take a very long time to lose the traces of digging, and like I say, I see no sign of it in these images.

Do I think it’s aliens? No. Do I think it’s old? Impossible to tell: contradicting the undisturbed floor of the site is the fact that there’s apparently not a mark on the thing. No staining, no signs of aging, no birdshit, in fact it LOOKS brand new and super clean.

It's either a calling card from an alien race or an Art installation. I'll split the difference and say that the aliens have apparently seen the Kubrick film, and swiped the idea. :partyhat:

This artist concept depicts Kepler-186f, the first validated Earth-size planet to orbit a distant star in the habitable zone, a range of distance from a star where liquid water might pool on the planet surface.
COURTESY NASA/AMES/SETI INSTITUTE/JPL-CALTECH

Could there be another you?​

If the universe is compelled to repeat itself—to be part of a multiverse—could there be another version (or multiple versions) of you? “If you look far enough, you would encounter another version of you—in fact, infinite versions of you,” according to space.com. “Some of these twins will be doing exactly what you’re doing right now, while others will have worn a different sweater this morning, and still others will have made vastly different career and life choices.” This counts as one of the mysteries we’re unlikely to ever get an answer for, but it’s intriguing nonetheless. (Maybe the other version of you isn’t hopelessly addicted to Girl Scout cookies.) The experts say that this theory would require additional dimensions, and if so…

Years ago when I was a kid I saw this Sci Fi movie about another universe and the people were exactly the same as on earth - yikes! It was kinda scarey, I remember.

Last edited:
Here’s a ‘new’ mystery: https://dpsnews.utah.gov/dps-aero-bureau-encounters-monolith-in-red-rock-country/

I’m calling ‘new’ because it’s a new find: if you look at the Pix and vid, there’s no sign of installation...that hard floor seems undisturbed to my eye. Desert floors can take a very long time to lose the traces of digging, and like I say, I see no sign of it in these images.

Do I think it’s aliens? No. Do I think it’s old? Impossible to tell: contradicting the undisturbed floor of the site is the fact that there’s apparently not a mark on the thing. No staining, no signs of aging, no birdshit, in fact it LOOKS brand new and super clean.
Well that one is gone now.... someone took it down. BUT.....

Monolith Identical To One Found in Utah Appears on Hillside in Romania

pjimage-86.jpg

This year's winter solstice will bring a rare sight to our night skies – just in time for the holidays.
For Earth viewers, Jupiter and Saturn will appear closer to each other on Dec. 21 than they have been since the Middle Ages. If you gaze into the southwestern horizon at the right time, the two gas giants will look like neighboring points of light.
They will appear to be almost a "double planet," said Rice University astronomer Patrick Hartigan.
“Alignments between these two planets are rather rare, occurring once every 20 years or so, but this conjunction is exceptionally rare because of how close the planets will appear to one another,” Hartigan said.
“You’d have to go all the way back to just before dawn on March 4, 1226, to see a closer alignment between these objects visible in the night sky.”

Look towards the sky tonight.

Have you heard this before, @ataxian...?
(have always enjoyed your posts, btw)

Zakir Hussain - The Elements: Space

Artist: Zakir Hussain
Album: The Elements: Space
Year: 1995

0:00 Shwas-uchhashwas / The Beginning
9:56 Deep Space
16:56 The Zen Of Space
29:30 Brahmand / The Final Frontier

"Space, the sky, ether... an element which has a vastness of concept, with many dimensions beyond those that are most obvious. I felt there were two approaches, the mythological and the logical, and I have used both in exploring this theme. In "Shwas-uchhashwas", the first track, I have taken the mythological / religious point of view, envisaging the creation, with chaos, and the gods bringing an order to what they had wrought. But one of the first disciplines is breath, that breath which creates an airy vacuum between things, providing each with its own individual orbit, or what we would call space. Thus the concept of shwas-uchhashwas, the in-and out-breath, and the space in between, which is the universe. In "Shwas-uchhaswas" I have dealt with space around us as well as the space within, it reminds us where we came from. But, expressed through Raga Lalit, there is a sense of beginning, of the dawning of the first day; and the melodic tones ni-sa-re of the Vedic chant used for the shlokas are present in Lalit, as well.

Having explored the space above, I have explored the space below : water and the space within that atmosphere, the image created and the whole different world that it offers. Space underwater is gigantic, beautiful; there are grottos, valleys, yet the depths have a sinister quality. I have tried to convey simply, minimally, a journey through this adventure zone in "Deep Space".

The next track, "The Zen of Space", demands the listener's attention and participation. Here we're exploring the extent of sound in a physical environment, like bouncing a radio wave through the ether and hearing it return in a different way, with different contours of pulse and beat. As the sounds reverberate, it gives the sense of ether vibrating and a feeling of the depth of space. This track relies on pure organic sound. There is silence too; those silent intervals are also space. In a rhythm cycle, each beat, pulse, attack, is itself a micro rhythm-cycle. I pause at each pulse and explore it and come closer to the roots of my creativity. The humming of the Tibetan bowl is a focal point of this sparse and austere composition, very much in the spirit of Zen, with a sense of fusing, of coming together, from nothing to everything, and I've always wanted to create that. Each listener will find his own interpretation of this track.

Brahmand, the Cosmos, is also the Final Frontier, and the last and longest track on this album. It's a concept in sound of the solar system, the cosmos, the planets. Each of these celestial bodies -- the sun, Jupiter, Mercury -- is identified by a sound, raw at first, which recurs at intervals, as we are following their orbit. As they start to learn their place, their discipline, they are represented by drums. Earth and Venus take the form of male and female voice respectively. Then we have the modern aspect of space, rockets, telecommunications and so on. But we go beyond space, or Space, into the Milky Way, an exploration of mystery, of infinity ... and yet another dimension."

~ ZAKIR HUSSAIN

Have you heard this before, @ataxian...?
(have always enjoyed your posts, btw)

Zakir Hussain - The Elements: Space

Artist: Zakir Hussain
Album: The Elements: Space
Year: 1995

0:00 Shwas-uchhashwas / The Beginning
9:56 Deep Space
16:56 The Zen Of Space
29:30 Brahmand / The Final Frontier

"Space, the sky, ether... an element which has a vastness of concept, with many dimensions beyond those that are most obvious. I felt there were two approaches, the mythological and the logical, and I have used both in exploring this theme. In "Shwas-uchhashwas", the first track, I have taken the mythological / religious point of view, envisaging the creation, with chaos, and the gods bringing an order to what they had wrought. But one of the first disciplines is breath, that breath which creates an airy vacuum between things, providing each with its own individual orbit, or what we would call space. Thus the concept of shwas-uchhashwas, the in-and out-breath, and the space in between, which is the universe. In "Shwas-uchhaswas" I have dealt with space around us as well as the space within, it reminds us where we came from. But, expressed through Raga Lalit, there is a sense of beginning, of the dawning of the first day; and the melodic tones ni-sa-re of the Vedic chant used for the shlokas are present in Lalit, as well.

Having explored the space above, I have explored the space below : water and the space within that atmosphere, the image created and the whole different world that it offers. Space underwater is gigantic, beautiful; there are grottos, valleys, yet the depths have a sinister quality. I have tried to convey simply, minimally, a journey through this adventure zone in "Deep Space".

The next track, "The Zen of Space", demands the listener's attention and participation. Here we're exploring the extent of sound in a physical environment, like bouncing a radio wave through the ether and hearing it return in a different way, with different contours of pulse and beat. As the sounds reverberate, it gives the sense of ether vibrating and a feeling of the depth of space. This track relies on pure organic sound. There is silence too; those silent intervals are also space. In a rhythm cycle, each beat, pulse, attack, is itself a micro rhythm-cycle. I pause at each pulse and explore it and come closer to the roots of my creativity. The humming of the Tibetan bowl is a focal point of this sparse and austere composition, very much in the spirit of Zen, with a sense of fusing, of coming together, from nothing to everything, and I've always wanted to create that. Each listener will find his own interpretation of this track.

Brahmand, the Cosmos, is also the Final Frontier, and the last and longest track on this album. It's a concept in sound of the solar system, the cosmos, the planets. Each of these celestial bodies -- the sun, Jupiter, Mercury -- is identified by a sound, raw at first, which recurs at intervals, as we are following their orbit. As they start to learn their place, their discipline, they are represented by drums. Earth and Venus take the form of male and female voice respectively. Then we have the modern aspect of space, rockets, telecommunications and so on. But we go beyond space, or Space, into the Milky Way, an exploration of mystery, of infinity ... and yet another dimension."

~ ZAKIR HUSSAIN

U R amazing 2-have insight to a dimension not adventured into? (By some creature’s)
I study all day long from My want of knowledge not to sound pompous!
Ok I’m not trying to project a negative vibe I’m just leaning new thing’s I should of learned earlier on this pale blue dot we inhabit!
CANNABIS help’s me read fast? SATIVA is my fuel during the sun light hour’s!
Hybrid’s mostly these daze’s!
INDICA leaning b-4 sleep!
Science is amazing in my wonder?
I realize thinking this way it not popular!
When I was living and working in FRANCE (south of Paris) VERSAILLES (home)
Surfing the whole west coast was quite a rush?
Learned cycling & golf in the EU.
90’s first 1/2 of this decade EUROPE Then other location’s on the planet that is livable.
Love your video U posted!
Mercifully thank U.

I must b primate?
Carl SAGAN was my inspiration!
In the decade’s 70’s - 80’s marijuana in Hawaii was cool & wild (savage) dazed 4-sure before UNIVERSITY.
My house of 5 acres if a view of the ocean Played-in. (Riding moving water is pretty thrilling actually?) tiger shark’s were kine brutal?
We pulled on there tail and let go before they tried 2-bite!
Sorry 2-get side tracked?

@ataxian - You are a fucking legend.

Man, one day we need to vape here? (haha)

I think you would absolutely enjoy the book bellow, I was 14 when I got it as a gift.........I devoured it in one afternoon (in La Jolla, with 2 cones)

View attachment 23100
I want to grow CANNABIS outside next to my waterhole!
Indoor I’ve done and love it however freaked oüt my kid’s? (Colas most likely?) 4#’s was a lot they said?
When you grow yourself U obtain a different perspective than most homo Sapien’s?
We have disperaies in most cities where my house is?
420 was a normal way to obtain nirvana? 70’s accepted action 4 CIVILIZED behavior.
Ziggurat played guitar and so did the tribe?
Charge da wave’s, slopes or empty swimming pool’s? (Skating when urethane wheel’s kept the tribe safe)
CANNABIS mean something to the individual!
COLAS da top of plant’s without seed’s is the part of the tree should be holy?

Last edited:
@ataxian - You are a fucking legend.

Man, one day we need to vape here? (haha)

I think you would absolutely enjoy the book bellow, I was 14 when I got it as a gift.........I devoured it in one afternoon (in La Jolla, with 2 cones)

View attachment 23100
I’m going through a USA PRESIDENTIAL study book wise?
Astronomers like SAGAN, HUBBLE, TYSON and many other’s I !
CANNABIS is ideal 4-study.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back