Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud Evo

Vapes no longer in production
Its worked... and it worked well... i was worried the evo wouldnt produce a dense cloud with such a small amount, but it did, and i even had to have another little go to finish it off..
And it tasted much better than the vapcap of couse... maybe my vapcaps are gonna be the ones going out of rotation...

Which i would much prefer... iv always felt that the heavy hard hitting vape signiture and thick clouds the vapcap produces, are due to the fact that there is some slight form of smouldering combustion going on...especially when I greedy with the click... dont wanna upset any dynavap fans.. i do love mine for convenient, effective, efficient vaping... but I just feel the evo is healthier, better tasting, and a more buzzy high...

So if im only having one small vape a day, I choose evo....

Me neither.. I can't believe it's happened..
Been a heavy user for 15 years...
Im changing alot lately...

Edit:- I still want to know if anyone has put a nug in the nail on the lowest temp.. ???
Think it would be all conduction but I wanna know...
4 me 1/2 gram of CANNABIS is average consumption per day.
When I was younger 6 gorilla sized joint's per day.

The EVO MEDICATES well 4 my need's! (we have different need's)
Some R MEDICAL and some R recreational?

I tried a "T break" (almost died)

DIFFERENT need's?

The EVO is both 4 me?

I wish my need was RECREATIONAL!

MEDICAL CANNABIS has prolonged my life?

Having said that, "FLAVOR" is a factor 4 me.

EVO fit's my need's!

I hope U find it useful?

I only used 0.005 in the evo yesterday.. literally a few crumbs.. my scales actually said 0.00... so it must have been below 0.005...

An unexpected side effect of this, is that im sooooooo tired.... i came home from work today and just fell asleep for 2 hours... iv woke up, had some dinner, and am going back to bed with no herb at all....

At some points at work today, i felt so stoned for no reason. My eyes went stoned and i felt very cbd stoned... why is this happening...

I assumed i would have loads more energy... not this...
I know people think its a myth that the cannabinoids in your fat cells gets released... but i gotta say that would explain it...

So much for sleepless nights and getting angry... im just a half stoned sleepy mess...
Good night...

Edit:- one more thing, has anyone ever tried a tiny nug in a nail on the lowest temp...??? Will it still combust..???

I've never tried a nugget in a nail, but I have in the ELBs. I find that it works, but one has to break up the nugget a bit after a couple of draws to get closer to full extraction.

Maybe next time I'm in the mood for combustion -- which I noticed the other day when I actually rolled one -- occurs less and less frequently than I would have anticipated about 8 months ago when I decided to transition to vaping instead of combusting. As a matter of fact, I didn't even finish that rolled one ... after about 1/4 of it was combusted, I put it out, cut off the burnt end and distributed the material into a couple of ELBs.

There. My job is done.

Thanks for doing that hard work -- it's tough job, but someone has to do these jobs, so thanks for stepping up :angel2:!

And it tasted much better than the vapcap of couse... maybe my vapcaps are gonna be the ones going out of rotation...

I loved my vapcap a lot more before I got my EVO. I still use it, but mostly for variety's sake. I do also find that it's an experience that is somewhat reminiscent of combustion.

Don't have a Lynx so I won't be able to help you there.

Unfortunately I can't help you here either.

No worries, I am sure some folks will be posting their impressions of it ... and, if not, I will probably end up getting one anyway. I have not really fallen victim to GAS and hope to contain those impulses somewhat, so I am trying to be pragmatic about my purchases instead of just buying anything that catches my eye.

But the biggest difference is that one uses a whip and the other doesn't. The whole purpose of the EVO, for me, is to not use a whip but to still have a heavy hitter of a vape. So the Lynx doesn't appeal at all to me. If I want to use a whip vape, I'll just use my SSV.

I am curious as to what is it about a whip that you are not a fan of? I am sure there's something I'm missing or don't know about the differences.

I only used 0.005 in the evo yesterday.. literally a few crumbs.. my scales actually said 0.00... so it must have been below 0.005...

An unexpected side effect of this, is that im sooooooo tired.... i came home from work today and just fell asleep for 2 hours... iv woke up, had some dinner, and am going back to bed with no herb at all....

At some points at work today, i felt so stoned for no reason. My eyes went stoned and i felt very cbd stoned... why is this happening...

I assumed i would have loads more energy... not this...
I know people think its a myth that the cannabinoids in your fat cells gets released... but i gotta say that would explain it...

So much for sleepless nights and getting angry... im just a half stoned sleepy mess...
Good night...

Maybe it's a case of you may be coming down with a cold or something that explains your being so tired that day.

On a totally different note, some of you may have also seen this, but I thought that it may be of interest to the rest of us ...

Last edited:
I am curious as to what is it about a whip that you are not a fan of? I am sure there's something I'm missing or don't know about the differences.
It's not that I'm not a fan of the whip. I use an SSV which is a whip style vape.

It's using a whip with the EVO that I feel negates the entire reason for using the EVO in the first place. When the EVO (actually the Cloud to be accurate) was developed, the lure was the predominantly all glass air path. It was considered a healthier and more flavorful option. Many feel a silicone hose changes the flavor. It can also harbor bacteria if not cleaned or old. So it's for those reasons that I, personally, would steer away from getting a water tool that requires a hose for the EVO.

But to each their own. It's really a subjective thing. :biggrin:

It's not that I'm not a fan of the whip. I use an SSV which is a whip style vape.

It's using a whip with the EVO that I feel negates the entire reason for using the EVO in the first place. When the EVO (actually the Cloud to be accurate) was developed, the lure was the predominantly all glass air path. It was considered a healthier and more flavorful option. Many feel a silicone hose changes the flavor. It can also harbor bacteria if not cleaned or old. So it's for those reasons that I, personally, would steer away from getting a water tool that requires a hose for the EVO.

But to each their own. It's really a subjective thing. :biggrin:

Thank you very much for your explanation, it makes perfect sense.

I use mine primarily without the whip, but with concentrate I will use a shortish silicone hose to connect the EVO to my hydrabase. I am using my Lynx with the dry mouthpiece instead of a whip, but in a group setting it is usually the Lynx with a whip. The flavor is better, in my opinion, with just the dry MP at lower temps and the Lynx with the dry MP at medium temps over the whip.

I clean my silicone regularly too.

after about 1/4 of it was combusted, I put it out, cut off the burnt end and distributed the material into a couple of ELBs.

Is it just me or does that seem disgusting...???
No offence meant.. just cant imagine that tasted all that great..

I'll admit to flinching when I read that.... and I would have probably thrown the roach out. But... if I was pressed for herb maybe not? Hopefully the combustion taste wasn't too prevalent when it was vaped. :smile:

It tasted fine to me -- especially when I had also had some kief in there too.

I'll admit to flinching when I read that.... and I would have probably thrown the roach out. But... if I was pressed for herb maybe not? Hopefully the combustion taste wasn't too prevalent when it was vaped.

Not really pressed for material, maybe I'm just frugal :myday:. If it would have tasted bad I would not have continued. But, don't worry about me too much folks - after all, I did survive :thumbsup:

I was curious as to whether it'd even work, so I consider it part of my research program :sherlock:.

We can't let you do all the hard, thankless research on this stuff all by yourself @momofthegoons :science:

Well I managed it yesterday.. a day with absolutely nothing... I know it's not a big thing, but it's huge for me...
Think I will continue to starve the evo tonight too...
I haven't had a day off in about 15 years.. all the micro dosing has been leading up to this..
Im pretty fucking proud of myself...

My aim now is to not get high until Saturday when I have my rest day...
But when I do, im gonna squish a 3 year old og kush nug, and have a huuuugeeee evo dab...
Cant wait...

Just out of interest, is there anyone here who doesnt vape everyday...???

@Kellya86 , @momofthegoons

Ah, you wimps. Once upon a time I would smoke any roach, no matter how old or where I found it, whatever when I ran dry. :naughty2::razz::rofl:

I'm with you, @bener. 3/4 of a joint, hell yeah I'd pull it apart and vape it. LOL :cheers:

Well sure.... once upon a time. But I prefer to think that we vapor snobs have evolved..... :vapeanddrink:

:rofl:
Evolve....like, you mean become civilized and socially acceptable. Bah humbug! LOL

@Kellya86 , @momofthegoons

Ah, you wimps. Once upon a time I would smoke any roach, no matter how old or where I found it, whatever when I ran dry. :naughty2::razz::rofl:

I'm with you, @bener. 3/4 of a joint, hell yeah I'd pull it apart and vape it. LOL :cheers:

I used to smoke a bong that lived in a bush, had sludge for water and a few slugs that called it home... oh how my standards have changed...

I received the Calyx last night and gave it a quick test run....

Here it is next to my Hydratube for scale...

IMG_3801.jpg

It's a little bit tough to fill... you have to put the water in through the tiny mouthpiece hole. So I'm guessing emptying it will be a bit of a hassle as well. I'm still playing around with water levels and think I may have overfilled it since I got water down in the bottom chamber after hitting it.

IMG_3800.jpg

Because of the shape of the mouthpiece and the way your mouth fits on it, my feeling is that this is more of a personal hydratube than something you would pass around unless you plan on wiping it down after each hit. That said I liked it. Gave really nice and smooth hits.

My only problem is that my EVO gets so hot that it gets uncomfortable to hold. Right now I have a couple of those rubber wrist bracelets on it but they really don't do the job. @Kellya86 I know you got the cover for yours... does it help a lot with the heat or is it more 'ornamental?'

I received the Calyx last night and gave it a quick test run....

Here it is next to my Hydratube for scale...

View attachment 2698

It's a little bit tough to fill... you have to put the water in through the tiny mouthpiece hole. So I'm guessing emptying it will be a bit of a hassle as well. I'm still playing around with water levels and think I may have overfilled it since I got water down in the bottom chamber after hitting it.

View attachment 2700

Because of the shape of the mouthpiece and the way your mouth fits on it, my feeling is that this is more of a personal hydratube than something you would pass around unless you plan on wiping it down after each hit. That said I liked it. Gave really nice and smooth hits.

My only problem is that my EVO gets so hot that it gets uncomfortable to hold. Right now I have a couple of those rubber wrist bracelets on it but they really don't do the job. @Kellya86 I know you got the cover for yours... does it help a lot with the heat or is it more 'ornamental?'
HI Mom - just got mine yesterday and had the same impressions. I even emailed VXH and asked them how they intend us to fill this sucker and yeah, they said through that little hole in the top.

I keep a set of syringes around for various cleaning and sundry tasks and used them to fill it with, like $8 from Amazon with a thousand uses
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFTYINS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71JNT7OMOrL._SL1200_.jpg

Now, my other impression is that a LOT of these Calyx are going to go tea cups over kettle as the base is very narrow. When I bought my EVO I bought a stand from them for my HT and found the HT was much more stable without it so I have not used it. But I'm glad I kept it because its perfect for keeping my Calyx from keeling over. However, I don't see them on VXH website any longer but this is what it looked like with an EVO on it:
Attachment-4.jpeg

What I did find is that the vapor with the Calyx was incredibly smooth, smoother than my HT and I think perhaps the reason is the small MP opening and small diameter means you aren't getting a lot of excess air in with the vapor....but I'm making that shit up. But it was smooth as can be. VERY nice vapor.

@momofthegoons - if you don't have a heat shield, get one. Neoprene shield is absolutely necessary and they are like $10. I have an old extra I would send you but you are too dang anonymous so you're out of luck, gal! hahaha (jk).

Very happy with this purchase. My only concern is stability and I'm sure that there are other sources for a male ground glass 18 mm joint stand since VXH doesn't seem to offer it anymore. That or just drill a big hole in a block of wood and make a stand for it than way.

Cheers

I keep a set of syringes around for various cleaning and sundry tasks
That is a great idea! I'll order some next time I'm on Amazon.

Now, my other impression is that a LOT of these Calyx are going to go tea cups over kettle as the base is very narrow. When I bought my EVO I bought a stand from them for my HT and found the HT was much more stable without it so I have not used it. But I'm glad I kept it because its perfect for keeping my Calyx from keeling over. However, I don't see them on VXH website any longer but this is what it looked like with an EVO on it:
I was originally stoked with the base of the Calyx because it sat flush with the table. But now that I've knocked it over several times I agree that it needs a base. The good news is that the water doesn't come out when it's knocked over. :lol:

I was looking at DHGate because I remember buying a cheapo hydratube there and it came with one of those glass bases. The only thing I could find was this by stevenlmz79 and it's got the hydratube as well (pretty nice price I must say...) I wonder if he would sell just the bases.

I've also found this by Vaporizer Chief.

What I did find is that the vapor with the Calyx was incredibly smooth, smoother than my HT
I agree here as well. I get quite a bit of 'chug' and air with my HT. That is not the case with the Calyx.

@momofthegoons - if you don't have a heat shield, get one. Neoprene shield is absolutely necessary and they are like $10. I have an old extra I would send you but you are too dang anonymous so you're out of luck, gal! hahaha (jk).
:razz2: Lmfao.... indeed I am. :private: I'll have to order one. I had forgotten how darn hot it gets once it's up to temp for a while.

Last edited:
I am not able to write much at the moment, but I did want to mention that I believe VXL still sells those stands, as I just purchased 2 of them about 10 days ago.
Interesting. You'd think they'd just show as out of stock.

May I ask how much they were charging for them?

@momofthegoons and @Baron23 , thanks for your initial impressions of the Calyx!

I am not able to write much at the moment, but I did want to mention that I believe VXL still sells those stands, as I just purchased 2 of them about 10 days ago.

Maybe they are just out of stock?

I use mine without and with the heat shield.
Interesting. You'd think they'd just show as out of stock.

May I ask how much they were charging for them?
Wow, yeah....they are not shown anywhere on the website that I can find....not in stock, out of stock, not even in the "seconds" category.

I just sent them an email inquiry about the status of the stands. Will let you know as they are perfect for the Calyx.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back